+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Thanks for the info. karalott.

Would someone please post all the scores for tonight? I had to miss the first 35 min. or so - when I got home and turned it on M&C were on doing there 2nd dance and I did not think it was good at all - but to be honest I was not overly impressed with H&K or K&M. I think we have definitely seen better dances in previous seasons. Maybe they were all exceptionally nervous.

Okay, just watch Hines/Kym..wow, I'm suprised and impressed Kym took all those lifty risks during that...it was nice..nothing overly exciting or anything, but I enjoyed it!

All three freestyles were sort of lackluster, yet good in there own way!

Loved how Kirstie just went for it with the lifts and cartwheels..she looks great and she impressed me!

HINES FTW tomorrow night baby because looking back on the season as a whole, out of all three left, I've enjoyed him the most

Also, after re-watching C&M, I really did like that upbeat latin song they danced too...still don't want them to win or anything, but the song was cool.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Mark really pissed me off tonight. I think he prepared a dance for Chelsea that was way over her skill set and was to mainly showcase his talents. If Chelsea had had another week of practice it would have really improved the flow of their freestyle but while it was full of tricks it was also full of pauses and Chelsea setting herself up for Mark to lift her. Mark doesn't get it that this is about her not him.

Max on the other hand partnered Kirstie beautifully.

Oh, I wish Kirstie would go back to being a brunette and not go for the Pamela Anderson floppy hair look, it looks awful on her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Very late posting, considering the show's been over here for almost 2 hrs. What can I say... I'm slow, LOL!

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I thought the "judges' pick" for the first set of dances was supposed to be the style that the judges thought was best or most suited to each star. So they gave C&M the samba, which they'd already done really well with, but they picked the quickstep for H&K, even though (according to Len) it had given Hines a lot of trouble! Maybe I'm paranoid, but I didn't think that was fair.

I'd better not even get started on the scores; I'll just give myself a nervous twitch!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-24-2011 at 12:31 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me; I hadn't even noticed that Chelsea's lights went out. I thought Brooke was referring to the ballroom lights and couldn't believe that even Brooke could be that dumb
    Of course you didn't notice. Mark "All Eyes on Me" Ballas wouldn't have it any other way. I'm surprised he even allowed Chelsea to have batteries in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I will never for the life of me figure out why Jonathan and Marie thought that doll dance was a good idea.

My favorite freestyles remain Joey/Kym, Warren/Kym, Drew/Cheryl, Emmitt/Cheryl, Apolo/Julianne, Helio/Julianne, and Erin/Maks (just for being different). I remember Kelly Monaco's freestyle; it was out of sync in quite a few spots, but she still got the season's only perfect score for it.

Ralph was going to do a Karate Kid tribute freestyle tonight if he made it Apparently the producers did like they did with Brandy and asked him to do it anyway on Tuesday's show.
    Marie claimed she wanted to do that dance for all her fans who buy her line of dolls. If her line of dolls look like she did in that dance, she must have some very spooky fans.

If I were Ralph, I think I'd decide my knee was bothering me too much to practice a dance for a show that stacked the deck against me---but Ralph strikes me as too much of a gentleman to do that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Mark really pissed me off tonight. I think he prepared a dance for Chelsea that was way over her skill set and was to mainly showcase his talents. If Chelsea had had another week of practice it would have really improved the flow of their freestyle but while it was full of tricks it was also full of pauses and Chelsea setting herself up for Mark to lift her. Mark doesn't get it that this is about her not him.

Max on the other hand partnered Kirstie beautifully.

Oh, I wish Kirstie would go back to being a brunette and not go for the Pamela Anderson floppy hair look, it looks awful on her.
    Mark's choreography for that freestyle was just odd. In his other hip hop freestyles (is he capable of doing any other kind?) at least you had some idea of what was going on. I don't think every dance has to have a story, but as you pointed out, it has to have some kind of flow, and that just didn't. He would have been better off leaving out a couple of lifts and giving Chelsea some actual dancing to do.

I agree about Kristie's hair. Too often she's having to push her hair out of her face like it's in the way. If it's that bothersome, find a different style. And yeah, it's not the most flattering look for her.

My opinion:

1. Chelsea and Mark's dances were the weakest of the night, but no surprise they're tied with Hines and Kym. The second dance - the free, was SLOPPY, they were out of sync, they had major issues, Chelsea did a lot of standing to get ready for lifts and as someone mentioned Chelsea spent most of her time being thrown about. Yet it gets a 30 because we just can't have Mark getting anything less than perfect on a free.

2. I think Maks and Kirstie's free was deserving of at least one 10. They really showed that they want Kirstie to be third in this contest and make it a horserace between Hines and Chelsea. I was really impressed with Kirstie's weight loss and the lifts in the second dance. I'd like to see Bruno or Carrie Ann honestly try to list Kirstie (or heck even Chelsea) in the moves that Maks did with Kirstie.

That said, I think Kirstie can take comfort in knowing she will be the highest scoring dancer over 55 in this contest. I think Donnie is in his late 40s/50s, so I put in 55 as a safety. She is definitely highest scoring at 60 or older.

3. Hines and Kym - The quickstep, my heart broke when he had a couple of off steps, but given that they overscored Mark and Chelsea on the free, I'm glad that the judges overlooked that and gave them a 29 the first round. I loved their second one because it was unusual, they did a lot of tricks and had fun with it.

Hines' krumping type dance with the baton is something I have seen in many bands that use the baton to lead a band. And the split lift and spin that Kym did (the one that looked like a straddle jump) - that is actually a cheerleading dance move, and executed quite well. (Having to try that for cheerleading myself, I can say it is not easy).

My only problem with their dance? - Kym's outfit. I'm sorry, but she should've done a black with gold trim. In the long shots she looks nearly nude. :ohmy

As far as the finals? - I'm predicting Kirstie at third and hopefully Mark at second. Hines should win this out of the final three, but I have a feeling that we'll see Mark get the trophy... and yes, I say Mark when I see Chelsea unsynced dance steps and nearly being a rag doll in the free.

So, tomorrow's judges dance will be VERY telling on if the fans win or if the producers win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Marie claimed she wanted to do that dance for all her fans who buy her line of dolls. If her line of dolls look like she did in that dance, she must have some very spooky fans.

If I were Ralph, I think I'd decide my knee was bothering me too much to practice a dance for a show that stacked the deck against me---but Ralph strikes me as too much of a gentleman to do that.
    No, Marie's dolls are cute - her outfit in that dance ranks as one of the worst in the show's history, and the dance was also just as bad.

As far as Ralph's dance, I'm actually looking forward to it - it'll be a way to thumb his nose at the judges if it turns out to be absolutely phenominal. It would also highlight the obvious favortism done here to keep Mark and Chelsea in the competition, as quite honestly this is a. a popularity contest, and b. the producers could've taken out the planned WTA dance and just let the public vote and have fun.

+ Reply to Thread