+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62 View Post
    Remember, tonight is the night to put all your votes in 1 basket.

Splitting votes only helps MARK.

Thanks for the play-by-play folks. Depending how tomorrow night turns out - determines if I will watch tonights show online later this week.
    I'd love to vote for Kirstie, too, because I feel she's equally earned the win. But Hines is getting all my votes. He'd be a much better outcome than a spoiled little brat who can't take criticism and thinks whatever he does is golden. I may re-consider watching next season, especially if Derek and Mark are back. We'll already know who will be adding another trophy to their stash.

FORT Fogey

all my votes going to hines and kym.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    No kidding. It was like she was a prop for him to throw around while he danced instead of a partner.

Next season, why don't they just let Mark dance with a full length mirror and be done with it?
    This gets my vote as all-time funniest post of the entire season!!

FORT Newbie

Again Hines looked stiff but he gets the 10's.

The judges have insulted the viewers by giving C/M 10's Did they not think we could see how sloppy and out of sync they were and at times Chelsea was just standing waiting for the next lift.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

It looks like Mark has been given a stern warning about his attitude. I would love to have seen that. It must have been pretty harsh, he has dialed it back - well, except for the whole over-dancing crap.

They would not rank high on my list of all time favorites either.

But at least nothing as stupefyingly horrifying as Marie Osmond's doll dance happened.

So true!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    Again Hines looked stiff but he gets the 10's.

The judges have insulted the viewers by giving C/M 10's Did they not think we could see how sloppy and out of sync they were and at times Chelsea was just standing waiting for the next lift.
    That's why I was okay with Hines/Kym getting 10s too. I didn't they were perfect, but they were certainly as perfect as Chelsea/Mark. I thought, of the three, Mark did the worst job of actually choreographing. it was just trick-trick-trick without much sense of why one trick was following the next or what the music had to do with the choreography. I thought both Maks and Kym did a better job as choreographers than he did.

And I didn't get the point of C/M riding in on a bike or having lights on their hands and feet either. It just looked gimmicky. You could argue, I suppose, that K/H doing a halftime type show and Kirstie obviously having a moment when she could reveal her new svelte shape (and that she can still turn a cartwheel at 60) were gimmicky too, but in their cases, the gimmicks worked as an integral part of the routine. They weren't a substitute for a routine.

FORT Fanatic Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion

Are they doing a dance tomorrow night for judge's scores only, and the judges will rank the dances? 1st place 10, pts. etc. etc.? Cause if they are, then my personal opinion is why bother voting? The judges will rank the dancer they want to win in first place with the extra 10 points, and by the time the show starts tomorrow night, they will know what they need to do, to make sure they get the winner they want. With things they have done in recent seasons, and with the blatant rigging of the winner takes all cha cha cha, to keep a particular couple in the contest, this show has made the viewers and their votes obsolete. IMO. Just give all the power to the judges, and quit pretending viewer votes matter.

I've not posted before, but read for several seasons.......I'm a little behind with watching as I recorded it, but I can't believe that C/M were given a 30 on their free style because they were not together at all!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Brooke: How does it feel to be compared to someone who was born in 1988?
    Kirstie: I dunno. How does it feel to be compared to someone with an I.Q. of 88?

Okay, she didn't say it...but someone needed to say it.
    Pwahahahaha! If anyone would say that, I'd think Kirstie would. Cuz I know she's thinking it.

I was amazed at how great Kirstie looked when she walked onto the floor. Wow, this show has done wonders for her in so many ways. I think they have resigned themselves to third place, and are just going to have fun. Maks certainly seems to be enjoying himself. Even taking third place - Kirstie should be very proud of herself. She may be a total wingnut, but she never gives up.

+ Reply to Thread