+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 "Greatest Dances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yikes - there's your answer Kara - no love lost between those two

Goodbye Ralph you were robbed and you deserved to be there next week
    ITA! And until the comments about Maks and Karina, I thought Maks acted inappropriately when Ralph left. In fact, I couldn't believe it. It didn't seem like something he would do. I hope it was just because of Karina. Guess that break up was hard on him.

I also noticed, as other posters have, that Ralph thanked almost everyone he could have - except the judges! Good for him!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If she was, she wouldn't wear those fringed pants to hide movements.

Even the pros wear them.She is tiny, and it make her shimmy even more.I really dont think Kirstie derseves to be there( I know I am in the minority) but heck Florence Henderson was in her what 70's? Kirstie was scored way way too high, she is there imho because she was a star
    I agree Kirstie has been overrated, I loved her in Cheers, but not much after that. She also has the added L Ron Hubbard issue. (Cue John Travolta & Kelly Preston). I do think she is funny, but she also has issues regarding past drug use and weight. She was on Oprah within a past few yrs wearing a kinda sorta bikini to show off her weight loss, then she was on Jenny Craig commercials
    only to put the weight back on. Now she is talking about her weight again. I don't care about her weight, but she has ongoing issues she has not dealt with IMO.
    Last edited by Dot-Calm; 05-18-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Kan't spel

Well, no surprises tonight... darn! Chelsea and Mark thanking their fans was kinda funny as they could have actually named all of them - Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno I so want them gone next week!!!!!!

I'll be giving all my votes to Kirstie next week, even though I'm a huge fan of Hines. I know lots have said that they think Hines has the bigger fan base, but I think Kirstie has. She's the biggest star they've ever had on the show (I'm not talking size ) and she has the backing of John Travolta, his wife Kelly Preston, Oprah and several other high profile stars. I also think that the majority of Ralph's fans will switch to Kirstie. I truly believe that she's the one to beat fan wise. Hines is a great guy and a wonderful dancer, but Kirstie is the one to overcome a lot of odds to make it to the finals and is more likely to get the votes of the average viewer. JMHO of course, but I'm sticking with Kirstie to the end.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If she was, she wouldn't wear those fringed pants to hide movements.

Even the pros wear them.She is tiny, and it make her shimmy even more.I really dont think Kirstie derseves to be there( I know I am in the minority) but heck Florence Henderson was in her what 70's? Kirstie was scored way way too high, she is there imho because she was a star
    aren't they all?? if they wanted all the contestants to be perfect little flexible dancers... then don't invite the over 40 crowd in the first place. Every dancer has, or shoud have an equal chance to win, and if their fan base takes them through, so be it. Unless it's a political campaign of course
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom View Post
    ITA! And until the comments about Maks and Karina, I thought Maks acted inappropriately when Ralph left. In fact, I couldn't believe it. It didn't seem like something he would do. I hope it was just because of Karina. Guess that break up was hard on him.

I also noticed, as other posters have, that Ralph thanked almost everyone he could have - except the judges! Good for him!
    I think Maks was relieved to be in the finals. I'm not surprised the producers put them in the bottom 2 together, though I don't think they had Maks vs Karina, ex-lovers in mind. Even if there's no love lost between them, I don't think Maks would act like that. I remember a post-break up interview where he said they weren't cool and wouldn't be friends (despite an early interview with Karina saying it'd be no problem staying BFFs), and he said that he might have made a big deal about their falling out. Karina didn't seem to.

I'm glad Ralph didn't thank the judges. I know they have to give a standing O at the end, but I was thinking why. They got what they wanted. They rigged the semi finals to let their favorite in, and threw a much nicer, more charming, hard working duo out the door on their rear.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Well, no surprises tonight... darn! Chelsea and Mark thanking their fans was kinda funny as they could have actually named all of them - Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno I so want them gone next week!!!!!!

I'll be giving all my votes to Kirstie next week, even though I'm a huge fan of Hines. I know lots have said that they think Hines has the bigger fan base, but I think Kirstie has. She's the biggest star they've ever had on the show (I'm not talking size ) and she has the backing of John Travolta, his wife Kelly Preston, Oprah and several other high profile stars. I also think that the majority of Ralph's fans will switch to Kirstie. I truly believe that she's the one to beat fan wise. Hines is a great guy and a wonderful dancer, but Kirstie is the one to overcome a lot of odds to make it to the finals and is more likely to get the votes of the average viewer. JMHO of course, but I'm sticking with Kirstie to the end.
    I'm not sure who has the bigger fan base, Hines or Kirstie, I suspect they are somewhat equal, but if everyone decides to stop voting for Kirstie and vote Hines to guarantee that he wins, he will definitely have the bigger fan base next week! I'm going to continue to vote for Kirstie, unless it becomes obvious from the judges' scoring or by the producers pulling another twist that they are giving Chelsea a big lead, or they score Kirstie so low that she is totally out of contention by the end of the night.

The winner take all nonsense pretty much confirmed that Chelsea's fan base was considerably smaller than Kirstie's, Hines' and Ralph's, or it wouldn't have been necessary in the first place. I say considerably because she needed a 25 point advantage over Ralph to cancel out his fan votes! I don't doubt that part of the fix to get Chelsea to the finals was calculating how many extra points she needed to bring her up to the other 3 and the magic number turned out to be 15; if she had been getting more votes, it might have been 5 or 10.

I really don't see the majority of Ralph voters going to Chelsea now. I suspect that all that switching one's Kirstie votes to Hines is going to end up doing is guaranteeing that Mark gets second place instead of third (which if the show doesn't intervene, is a distinct possibility). And I would love to see Mark's face if he gets bumped at third.

There is no reason for the show not to support a Hines win (in fact, I think they'd like a male winner after 2 female winners in a row), so I don't think they will purposely try to manipulate him out of it for Mark's sake. They just badly wanted Mark (and Chelsea) in the finals for some reason.
    Last edited by ironcat; 05-18-2011 at 01:03 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Ralph I really think wanted to tell them off tonight, (Love him but like Tom tonight his eyes were telling the truth of his feelings) but has enough respect for Karina that he'd stay mum. It could also explain the repeat issue on Jimmy Kimmel (unless Kimmel himself had a personal emergency that required a repeat of tonight's show). They may be silencing Ralph ... though I sincerely hope this is not the case or we may see "DWTS" canceled due to scandal or other issues.
    Just checked the TV listings and it had Kimmel listed as a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree, but IMHO Mark and Chelsea are not the best team. If they were... then they wouldn't have had to pull the winner take all stunt that even Tom Bergeron couldn't hide his disgust with the results of it tonight to guarantee their final three spot.

My votes will go with either Hines or Kirstie Alley. Both deserve this more - they have been the most improved, have not had anything handed to them (I'm not referring to over scoring - all have fallen victim to this, I'm referring to blatant points given on a dance that is NOT cha-cha), both have had serious things happen to them or their partners and they've worked to overcome them, and both have been a joy to watch.

Chelsea and Mark? - handed the final three IMHO with the 15 points on a dance that was not a true cha-cha, has had the pro overshadow the star, has acted entitled, has had their breaking rules in dancing overlooked (something that not even Derek has had happen), and really have been for me a chore to watch because Mark acts like he's some sort of great dancer but has forgotten that people tend to watch the woman more in dancing than the man.

I'll vote for the better of Kirstie and Hines... but Mark and Chelsea shouldn't be there. They were given their spot, they didn't earn it IMHO.
    I didn't mean to say they are the best team, I have no idea who will give the best performance next week. If it's Mark and Chelsea then I'll vote for Mark and Chelsea, if It's Hines or Kirstie, I'll vote for one of them. That's what I meant by the best team.

The judges are inconsistent in their methods and that to me is a bigger issue than Mark's personality flaws.

for instance:

Hines is good, but there's no way he deserved 60 points. So, I would say he benefited from the judges crazy, inconsistent paddle waving, as well. Just as Ralph clearly was a victim of their crazy, inconsistent paddle waving.

Chelsea has done a very good job and is certainly equal to Hines and Kirstie and therefore deserving of a spot in the finale. I would hate to see her lose should she and Mark give the best performance just because people don't like Mark.

I believe Chelsea and Hines are overall better dancers than Ralph-yes, he got screwed, but has he given consistently better performances than Hines and Chelsea? IMO, no.

Kirsti has certainly shown herself to be a better dancer than most of the population, including those much younger than her. Watching Her and Maks dance has been a joy and their chemistry on the dance floor is palpable. But does she necessarily deserve to be in the final three. I don't know (and she's my favorite!)

A good argument could be made that Romeo or even Chris Jericho deserved a finale spot. But thems the breaks in a show that isn't an actual dance competioton.

I mean, when you have arbitrary, every changing rules from the judges and then rely on the public to vote `objectively', you aren't going to necessarily wind up with the best team crowned the winner.

So, may the best team, despite the hodge podge of things which make up this show, win (whoever that turns out to be).
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

One more thing to think about before voting next week folks..... who would you rather see Mark losing out to Kirstie or Hines???? can you just imagine how he'd feel if he gets beat out by a 60 yr old, overweight woman?? somehow that just tickles my funnybone more than him being beat out by a football player

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm View Post
    I agree Kirstie has been overrated, I loved her in Cheers, but not much after that. She also has the added L Ron Hubbard issue. (Cue John Travolta & Kelly Preston). I do think she is funny, but she also has issues regarding past drug use and weight. She was on Oprah within a past few yrs wearing a kinda sorta bikini to show off her weight loss, then she was on Jenny Craig commercials
    only to put the weight back on. Now she is talking about her weight again. I don't care about her weight, but she has ongoing issues she has not dealt with IMO.
    Yes she does have issues.Right now she is happy, she is in the limelight and she is enjoying herself.What happens when all that goes? the issues still remain.I hope, that she finds dance as her next outlet.It doesnt have to be about a mirror ball, but maybe she will keep on dancing and find some peace.

+ Reply to Thread