+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I totally agree - I was using "AYBS?" just as how the term is so misused as sexual not referring to an actual cat.

(IT's also making me nostalgic and wanting to watch the series - it actually does NOT show on our PBS station, a rarity nowadays).
    I own the DVD set, jadewarlock. There are certain comedies that are timeless, like AYBS and "Who's On First?"
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Exactly. This is a mistake I could have made as well. I am Dutch and even though I know a pussy can be a part of a female for me it is also a cat.
    What a nice pussy is what I would say. Glad I am not a judge lol
    it means both to everybody in Canada and the US too... but Bruno didn't make a mistake, he used that particular word as an insulting innuendo. Apparently the producers thought so to and bleeped the word out.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I kind of don't understand why we are debating this. Yes, the word means both a cat and a woman's genitalia, but Bruno's comment was "you were too rough with your %*&%#". Does anyone really think he meant she was mistreating her pet in that context? And for the record, she wasn't actually dressed as a cat, with ears and tail, but was only wearing some kind of an animal print catsuit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I kind of don't understand why we are debating this. Yes, the word means both a cat and a woman's genitalia, but Bruno's comment was "you were too rough with your %*&%#". Does anyone really think he meant she was mistreating her pet in that context? And for the record, she wasn't actually dressed as a cat, with ears and tail, but was only wearing some kind of an animal print catsuit, right?
    I don't recall. She did walk like a cat in the beginning of the dance routine. She was crawling across the floor, but we all know what he meant. He does it all the time, however, I'm so over that. I'm still furious over the 15 point give-a-way to Chelsea and Mark. I'm still steaming about it. I don't think I will be able to watch tonight, although I do want to see Donny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    While this is true, the term he used now has to have the word "Cat" after it or talk about a literal cat or it's used in the derrogative. It's the same in may other countries if used in that way, i.e. the James Bond Character "Pussy Galore."

Had he said "kitty" or cat instead, more innocuous and still gotten the point across with the phrase used, he'd been better off.

Meaning sadly, he knew what he was saying and how it would come across - and even if he didn't, when he saw Karina's face, he should've apologized.
    The moment the audience started reacting, Bruno turned to them and started in about how he meant pussy cat when he used the word pussy. That would seem to indicate that he knew what they were reacting to, which means he must know how that word is sometimes used in American culture. Even if he didn't mean it that way to begin with--and his tone of voice added to the double entendre effect, so I'm not sure I buy that he didn't--he recognized how it was being taken by those who heard him, including Karina, and he should have apologized immediately.

FORT Fogey

That's correct. It was just a leopard print unitard--no ears, tail, or whiskers.

Bruno's also lucky that the costume included no claws.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That's correct. It was just a leopard print unitard--no ears, tail, or whiskers.

Bruno's also lucky that the costume included no claws.
    Or that her fiancÚ was in the audience. He's a pretty big guy. Or that Ralph decided to demonstrate his Karate Kid skills just as Bruno was coming around the corner

Karina is also foreign born and English is her second language and she knew exactly what he meant. Mrs. Slocome also knew as well or else she would not have been speaking of her uh hum kitty with the hope of a laugh, lol. I really love Mrs. S and AYBS but to be honest, could have lived without the P word from her, it even made our Mrs. S look a bit crude ; )

Someone else said this upthread, but it was his intent. He fully intended his comment to be risque (I use that term very loosely - it was much more than risque). Someone else said his comment could be considered sexual harassment. Can't you just picture that vignette in those videos we watch at work on sexual harassment?

I'm being perfectly serious here. It wasn't funny. We shouldn't condone his behavior. ABC should review its policies and realize that their darling judges are only employees, after all, and as such, need to adhere to federal laws prohibiting sexual harassment in the workplace. I'm not going to comment on this anymore, but wanted to convey the seriousness of this type of behavior. C'mon folks, I realize it's entertainment, a TV show, but they have to draw the line and he needs to be reprimanded.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Someone else said this upthread, but it was his intent. He fully intended his comment to be risque (I use that term very loosely - it was much more than risque). Someone else said his comment could be considered sexual harassment. Can't you just picture that vignette in those videos we watch at work on sexual harassment?

I'm being perfectly serious here. It wasn't funny. We shouldn't condone his behavior. ABC should review its policies and realize that their darling judges are only employees, after all, and as such, need to adhere to federal laws prohibiting sexual harassment in the workplace. I'm not going to comment on this anymore, but wanted to convey the seriousness of this type of behavior. C'mon folks, I realize it's entertainment, a TV show, but they have to draw the line and he needs to be reprimanded.
    I think maybe he is going to be, but there is something I would like to insert. Earlier in the season, I got a PM from someone who lives in LA.and knows a little inside stuff - just a few tidbits here and there.
    One of the things he said was that the pros had been encouraged to talk back to the judges - "it's entertaining for the audience", and now get this....Bruno had been encouraged to elaborate more on his comments (the implication again was that it was entertaining.)

The point I am making is that Bruno has gone way over the top, sometimes almost beserk, and this time crude and maybe even harrassing; however, if the inside info - given towards the beginning of the season - is to be believed, Bruno was prompted into a lot of all of that over the top flowery nonsense which did escalate this season.

Yes, they will have to get on to him, but this is could be a double edged sword here if they started him on this track.
    They are a bit guilty here too - so do they fire him if they started him on this track?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread