+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    To wit, can you imagine Bruno commenting on Ralph's d**k in the same manner (which I'm sure he's actually more interested in)?
    I think the Karate Kid in Ralph may have shown and we'd had him do the crane move.

No, sadly I wish it happened though - it'd definitely gotten many viewers to protest

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just found the comment on-line: "You were being too rough with your pussy, darling."

I really wish Ralph would have told him that she was his partner and he would prefer her being referred to as such. The audience would have loved that. But I think he was just too shocked to know what to say (or was afraid if he reacted at all, he'd over-react and embarrass Karina further--and Karina really was embarrassed).
    Ok I really think there is way too much ado about nothing as far as Brunos comments go. The word used is a word often used for a cat. Karina was dressed like a cat. I mean really should I scold my niece for using that word to describe her cat.she does all the time.

it's just an excuse to get people to vote for Ralph because some how he was insulted.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok I really think there is way too much ado about nothing as far as Brunos comments go. The word used is a word often used for a cat. Karina was dressed like a cat. I mean really should I scold my niece for using that word to describe her cat.she does all the time.

it's just an excuse to get people to vote for Ralph because some how he was insulted.
    Well, it worked for Haley on American Idol....LOL....a few extra "persecution votes" may help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. I read the article in the UK Daily Mail. I honestly don't think Bruno meant any harm, English is not his first language and while he is quite fluent the little nuances do get past him.
    While this is true, the term he used now has to have the word "Cat" after it or talk about a literal cat or it's used in the derrogative. It's the same in may other countries if used in that way, i.e. the James Bond Character "Pussy Galore."

Had he said "kitty" or cat instead, more innocuous and still gotten the point across with the phrase used, he'd been better off.

Meaning sadly, he knew what he was saying and how it would come across - and even if he didn't, when he saw Karina's face, he should've apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    While this is true, the term he used now has to have the word "Cat" after it or talk about a literal cat or it's used in the derrogative. It's the same in may other countries if used in that way, i.e. the James Bond Character "Pussy Galore."

Had he said "kitty" or cat instead, more innocuous and still gotten the point across with the phrase used, he'd been better off.

Meaning sadly, he knew what he was saying and how it would come across - and even if he didn't, when he saw Karina's face, he should've apologized.
    It was totally unnecessary remark.I know Karina said classy , really classy. Bruno needs some time off, when he gets up, I mute him.

To the Point

I'm sorry, but in today's society that term has a much more vulgar reference and I think Bruno would be hard pressed to claim ignorance. That just wasn't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I'm sorry, but in today's society that term has a much more vulgar reference and I think Bruno would be hard pressed to claim ignorance. That just wasn't cool.
    The quote as he said it has a very strong sexual connotation, NOT a dancing connotation. He could easily have said, I didn't care for your exaggerated pelvic movements (which coming from Bruno, who uses any excuse to exaggerate his own pelvic movements, is laughable), but he purposely chose to use more explicit and shocking terminology. And I don't buy the excuse that English isn't his native language, and he doesn't know how vulgar that term is in popular slang usage. He may not be interested in using it literally, but he knows how it's used figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post

Watch "Are You Being Served?" which is a British Comedy filmed in the 1970s. In it Ms. Slocombe (played by the late great Mollie Sudgens) always talked about her pussy, but people laughed until she continued on talking about her cat doing something or other.

The point was ... prior to specifying her cat, she'd talk about how her pussy for example would rear up and growl or something... then mention her cat, which made people's minds wander to the sleazy category.

And given that almost all the Bond girls' names have a sexual connotation, if "Pussy" wasn't seen as a bit naughty, risque, you wouldn't have had names such as "Octopussy" or "Pussy Galore."

BUT, as I've mentioned before, it's common knowledge what the term is used for in slang - and like in the 1970s, people have dirty minds. Bruno knows - or should - know that pussy is not seen as common place for "pussy cat" anymore. And, as mentioned, had he said "Kitty" or "cat" it'd still gotten the point across, would've been a bit sexy still, but in an innocent way, not vulgar which is what many people are referring to.

Please understand, I get where you're coming from, but in today's society the way Bruno said it was intentional to be taken as sleezy and he should apologize.

FORT Fogey

Yep, it's all about intent, and Bruno intended to be vulgar.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bruno may not have meant it to be sexual, but the problem is, that's just how it sounded. Karina and Ralph were offended, and I think even CA and Tom were taken aback by it. Bruno's gotten away far too long with being OTT and making sexual references instead of constructive critiques, so even if he didn't mean it that way, that's how people are going to take it. They bleeped it out, so that says even the show thinks he might have gone overboard. If it works getting extra votes for Ralph/Karina? Great! But I doubt it'll be enough. Even without Bruno's remark, I still would have had enough to rant about last night. He just added to it. As Ralph said in a post show interview, how is that constructive criticism? I think that's all the couples want, and the judges turn it into a three ring circus because it's a TV show, and they don't know what they're talking about.

+ Reply to Thread