+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Since it's a given Mark and Chelsea are in the finals - I'd love to see them out at F2 - close but not close enough. Between Hines, Kirstie and Ralph - I don't care who takes the trophy. Only that Mark not take it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

I've simply decided not to give ABC or their advertisers any further ratings and will not watch another episode this season.

Oh, you can be sure I will vote, vote, vote - for anyone other than Mark.

It doesn't bother me at all not to watch. Or my pets, who do not deserve to live in fear because I am screaming at my TV, lol.

If by some miraculous chance that Mark would get booted at some point before the final, I can always watch later on youtube or something - any place that will not contribute to ABC's viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I try to stay as objective as possible and to assess it carefully.

For several seasons, I have noticed that the judges strongly appear to be "setting up their final 3". I figured they would manuever it around last night, and to me it was outright blatant what happened - moreso than ever.

Some observations and opinions that I think are fair:

1. Mark and Chelsea's fan base is not all that strong; however, technically, they are the best and strongest dancers in the competition.

I think that the judges did what they could to make sure that Mark and Chelsea just got into the Final 3 instead of being voted out this week.

However, at the same time, I do think they truly believed that Mark and Chelsea's cha-cha was the best.

2. The judges were blatantly maneuvering on their part to see that the F3 were the couples they wanted.

I personally thought Ralph's dances were very good, but I thought the judges were NOT going to take any chances that Ralph pushed someone else out of the F3.I think the judges perhaps thought Ralph could possibly push Mark and Chelsea out. Again, I don't think Mark and Chelsea's fan base is as strong as the others', so Ralph got bad comments and lower scores.

3. I felt as badly for Hines as everyone else did. My heart was breaking for him as that big, tough football player stood there and cried, but Hines did not deserver straight 10s on those 2 dances. That was emotion voting on the part of the judges.

If they had voted for Hines' s cha-cha over Chelsea's cha-cha in the instant dance, it would have been ridiculously obvious, and someone in the media would have jumped straight on it for what it is.

The judges had already achieved what they felt they needed to do which was to line up their preferred top 3.

4. Based on seasons past, my observation is that the judges now have their contestants in the order they want and can manage:

Hines doesn't have the skill that Chelsea has, but he has the huge popularity, so the judges will give him high enough scores to help compensate.

Chelsea has the skill, but she doesn't have the fanbase and popularity. The judges will have an idea of that.

Kirstie will never get high enough scores to do anything but to come in 3rd place regardless of how popular she is.

Hines will be 1rst, Chelsea 2nd, and Kirstie 3rd.
    Think back on the past few seasons. It has worked out this way more often than not.
    I agree with this entire post, especially the bolded. I enjoyed Ralph's dances more than I enjoyed Hines. Hines is a nice guy and hugely popular but I fail to see his skills as a dancer that would take him all the way to F1, although I have no doubt he will be the winner.

After the manipulation last night, I lost hope that Ralph will make it to the finals and I'm getting behind Kirstie because I think she's done an incredible job this season, but I know she will be the next in line to be thrown to the wolves. No matter how good she dances if the judges want her out they will do the same thing to her that they did to Ralph this week. It's a shame, I started liking this season so much, what a disappointment the judges are.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    So true. I think I may record the show and watch only what I want later. I will not watch Chelsea or Mark anymore nor anymore of the show's tricks to pull them through. I'm done with that.
    That's what I've been doing all season. I miss watching along in real time, but the good part about that is I can read everyone's comments and skip all the judges/Brooke and just focus on who I want. I've barely watched any Chelsea/Mark footage, and if I didn't have to be reminded the little troll was there by seeing him standing there at the end (or reading about it), then it'd be even more enjoyable than it already is. I cut all that junk out and my 2 hours goes down to about 30-40 minutes.

I have to agree that Chelsea was handed her spot in the finals. She didn't earn it. The producers made sure it was impossible for anyone to come close to her. Now I know why she didn't get two perfect scores. I guess that figured it'd be even more obvious. I doubt Mark sees it this way, though, as he likely believes they got what they deserve (except he probably believes they did deserve two perfect scores). The producers and their meddling is so obvious, so I hope people are writing. I told them they shouldn't insult their audience and give us a chance to do what we want. We might surprise them. I don't believe this was any attempt to prevent a bad dancer from making the finals, as it was making sure Mark doesn't have a meltdown and trash the set because he didn't. It'll be telling who they're aiming for in the finals as the winner. I'm still thinking they'll start to pick apart Hines just enough, and prop Chelsea even higher up than they already have. The fall season of this show hasn't been all that good in awhile, so if Mark wins, looks like it'll be another year before I get a season I might enjoy.

I agree that Bloomers nailed it, and the final order of finish will be Hines, Chelsea and Kirstie. Chelsea is a better technical dancer and may end up either tied with Hines or a point or two ahead at most, unless Hines is better than usual or Chelsea is worse. But it will be close enough that either one winning would be viewed as "fair", and Hines' considerably larger fanbase will prevail. Kirstie (or possibly but unlikely, Ralph) is basically dancing for 2nd at this point, which she will only get if she is really exceptional (and/or Chelsea tanks), and the judges keep her scores within striking distance of Chelsea's, which is unlikely. Anything more than a 7 or 8 point margin will probably be too much for her fanbase to overcome, and she'll finish in 3rd.

It's depressing that a show that really can't have spoilers because it happens in real time has become so predictable. We speculated a week ago, as soon as the "winner take all" was announced, that it was done to secure Chelsea a place in the finale, and that she would win the 15 points, thus compensating for her fewer fan votes. Despite a few dissenting opinions, our prediction couldn't have been more accurate.
    Last edited by ironcat; 05-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.

FORT Fogey

Didn't Brooke handle that coin toss with ease? And did you see the look on Kym's face when Brooke asked Hines about his tears? Do you think she made extra points on the show last nite or are her days numbered?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The real way to get our message to the producers is to not watch the finale. I've already decided this is what I'm doing. Anyone else?

Just heard what Bruno actually said to Karina that was bleeped. I've given him a lot of leeway over the years, but that was totally inexcusable. And the idea that because she posed in Playboy, she is now fair game is disgusting and sexist. To wit, can you imagine Bruno commenting on Ralph's d**k in the same manner (which I'm sure he's actually more interested in)?
    Well, I think he came pretty close when he drooled over the way Ralph was "stroking his lamp post" at the beginning of their AT. When he followed that up by saying that he lost the sexiness when he took Karina in his arms, I thought that was kind of a shot at Ralph--and I think Ralph may have thought so too, given the look on his face. Bruno's comment to Karina just lowered the bar so far that it made the previous remark negligible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That's what I've been doing all season. I miss watching along in real time, but the good part about that is I can read everyone's comments and skip all the judges/Brooke and just focus on who I want. I've barely watched any Chelsea/Mark footage, and if I didn't have to be reminded the little troll was there by seeing him standing there at the end (or reading about it), then it'd be even more enjoyable than it already is. I cut all that junk out and my 2 hours goes down to about 30-40 minutes.

I have to agree that Chelsea was handed her spot in the finals. She didn't earn it. The producers made sure it was impossible for anyone to come close to her. Now I know why she didn't get two perfect scores. I guess that figured it'd be even more obvious. I doubt Mark sees it this way, though, as he likely believes they got what they deserve (except he probably believes they did deserve two perfect scores). The producers and their meddling is so obvious, so I hope people are writing. I told them they shouldn't insult their audience and give us a chance to do what we want. We might surprise them. I don't believe this was any attempt to prevent a bad dancer from making the finals, as it was making sure Mark doesn't have a meltdown and trash the set because he didn't. It'll be telling who they're aiming for in the finals as the winner. I'm still thinking they'll start to pick apart Hines just enough, and prop Chelsea even higher up than they already have. The fall season of this show hasn't been all that good in awhile, so if Mark wins, looks like it'll be another year before I get a season I might enjoy.
    Perhaps someone needs to let ABC know that this season, it's not about keeping a good dancer out of the finals. It's about keeping a bad-tempered, pampered pro out.

FORT Fogey

When the explanation was made for the reasoning behind the instant cha-cha, and the remark was made that people had left "before their time" (or very close to that meaning) with specific examples given, and then the further reasoning was given that this way the judges could insure THAT COUPLE didn't go home ( again very close in meaning), then they in essence said they were assuring that Mark and Chelsea stayed.

That is what is implied because Mark and Chelsea are technically the best dancers, and Mark and Chelsea have been in the bottom 2 and have also gotten some bad edits.

Also,Tom said several times that one couple would get the bonus points that might provide the boost they need to make it. Hines and Kym have been really strong, and I think it was obvious that as much as they admire what Kirstie has been able to do, she wasn't going to outdance the other couples. They weren't giving Ralph even the respect he deserved, let alone any extra....

It is obvious from reading the message boards, seeing the bottom 2 and 3 and listening closely to the way that Tom words it that Mark and Chelsea don't have a very strong fanbase.

I think that insta-dance was to insure that Mark and Chelsea make it into the F3.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Does anybody know exactly when this 15 pt dance was first mentioned? I only remember hearing about it last week, but it could have been mentioned before. If they just added it recently to boost Mark and Chelsea to the finals.... they should be embarrassed if they win... but being who they are, they won't
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread