+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Notice how they didn’t care last season when it was clear Brandy wasn’t getting the votes and should’ve been in the finals over Bristol – who ironically was paired with Mark.
    Realistically, there was no way to overcome Bristol's fanbase and/or to boost up Brandi's lower fanbase. They did give Brandi very high scores. They were higher than Bristol's, but if you remember, everyone was screaming to high heaven about Bristol's fanbase which I think made up for lower scores, and was going to do so until she hit F3 where the judges could finally control what was going on.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
    I sent a complaint to ABC via the contact us form about the favoritism, and Bruno's comment. Threw in that I'm their target demographic. And that I filed an "obscene" complaint with the FCC regarding Bruno's comment. I'm on the east coast, that word wasn't bleeped for us. With live TV comes added responsibility. Bruno needs to be reigned in.
    I have done the same. Thanks for the suggestion. Bruno really needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Realistically, there was no way to overcome Bristol's fanbase and/or to boost up Brandi's lower fanbase. They did give Brandi very high scores. They were higher than Bristol's, but if you remember, everyone was screaming to high heaven about Bristol's fanbase which I think made up for lower scores, and was going to do so until she hit F3 where the judges could finally control what was going on.
    Right – same situation here – since Chelsea can’t get to the finals on scores and her fanbase, production has come up with a way to circumvent the normal route to the finals. Had they wanted Brandy in the finals over Bristol they could’ve done this last season, no matter how big Bristol’s fanbase was – since she clearly couldn’t beat out Kyle Massey’s fanbase to even come in second.

I just find it quite interesting that Mark was in the finals with Bristol and will be there with Chelsea due to producer manipulation.

Who are they favouring – the pro or the dancer??
    Last edited by anders332; 05-17-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Notice how they didn’t care last season when it was clear Brandy wasn’t getting the votes and should’ve been in the finals over Bristol – who ironically was paired with Mark.
    This is what galls me the most. They have clearly closed the barn door after the horse has already left on this one. Why didn't they do it last year when a truly undeserving (based on technical ability) contestant had already knocked out 3 better dancers? Yes, Kirstie is probably the weakest left, but none of the ones who went before her were that much better than she is. And why wasn't Brandy worth saving? Because she wasn't paired with one of the triplets? And what a coincidence that Mark is the beneficiary of both the judges' intervention and lack of it.

I am through watching this show. I hope ratings go down noticeably for the finale. I will vote nonetheless for whichever of Kirstie or Ralph is left, just for spite. I'm pretty sure that Hines will win (and that's what the judges want, thus the undeserving constant tongue baths) in the end regardless, so I doubt he will need the extra votes, and even though I don't think he's all that much better either, it's preferable to Mark getting anywhere near that trophy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Sorry, this in incorrect. As I recall it, Bristol's scores were only a few points lower than Brandy's that night (maybe 3 or 4), and I knew as soon as they were scoring them so closely that Brandy must be going home, because only a huge difference (like an extra 15 points, perhaps?) would have been enough to overcome Bristol's fan base, and at this point in the competition, the semis, the judges never give any team that big of an advantage or disadvantage over the others. Oh wait a minute...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That winner-take-all cha cha is just an excuse for the judges to shove Mark and Chelsea through to the finals, regardless of how anyone else feels about them. Ick.
    And they did exactly that. I cannot believe they won it. I thought Hines and Kym did a WAYYYYY better job than them. I honestly cannot stand Mark and he is the reason I don't watch the show this season. Usually it is Derek, but he's not there and Mark took his place.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The judges want Mark and Chelsea to win, I want Kym and Hines to win.I dont care to watch Kirstie dance anymore, what was on her head? she looked like wonder woman.I liked the black dress on her, but not the band around her head. It looked like Maks was pushing her at one point.Ugh! Poor Ralph, I really like him,. I suspect he will go before her
    I don't know if they want Chelsea and Mark to win so much as to be in the finals. From a technical aspect, she should, she is probably the best dancer,technically Last night was the first time I voted this season, and I gave all of my votes to Hines. I think he's done an exceptional job having had no dance experience, and for me, that's what its all about.

I do like Ralph, he's a class act too, but some of his Latin dances were just lacking lustre to me. And as for Bruno, very unprofessional.. I know he likes to try and be funny but downright raunchy is uncalled for. I also don't like when the comments get more of a personal attack than critiqueing technique.

I voted online for Hines. I want him to win.I wont be upset if Chelsea wins, she has worked hard.I am so over Bruno, I think he needs to take a season off.

FORT Regular

It seems like most season's I have watched there are always some celebrities that go further due to a big or unique fan base. Marie Osmond, Kirstie Alley, And Bristol Palin come to mind. (I have nothing personal against any of them.)

I think Hines and Kym are a lot of fun to watch. I love Maks but any romantic gestures or discussions regarding him and Kirstie are creepy. I don't know anything about Chelsea other than she reminds me of a young Cameron Diaz. I am on the fence with Ralph, that last dance, with Bruno's innapropriate comment, was pretty cringeworthy. It looked like they were trying to be dirty vs. sensual.

Why all the favoritism comments regarding Mark? I agree that the 15 points were a way to secure who they wanted in the finals. Why do people have the impression he is favored by the judges? He bugs me, so I have never payed much attention to him. I have not watched every season so I really don't understand the favoritism!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just read a short piece on, I think, E! on-line about what Bruno said and K/R's comments about it. Ralph called his behavior "unprofessional" and Karina said the comment was "rude" and "uncalled for." They also said they've been trying to give the judges what they appear to want and have been lowballed for what others get praised for doing (not those words exactly, but the sentiment is clearly the same). I'm thinking they figure they have nothing left to lose and are letting the show have it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karina gone as a pro next year, either because the show doesn't like her confronting Bruno in the press or because she doesn't want to come back. The official statement from the show, by the way, was to the effect that Bruno was just doing his job and they don't criticize the judges. Well, they should if they're being offensive.
    Right on to Ralph and Karina for being classy in their criticism of the show. They are spot on too, so that says a lot.

Note to ABC though - what Bruno is doing is called Sexual harassment to Karina, and in other professions - no scratch that, even in acting, you do that, you are FIRED. (I've done a little acting, and can vouch this to be true). Condoning this only makes you look worse, and if Karina kept getting treated like this you'd have a lawsuit on your hands. You'd also better let her choose to leave and not force her out for the same reason.

I was also amazed at how many articles about C/M came up when I simply googled DWTS. Those two must have press agents working overtime for them. I was particularly annoyed by one praising them that also criticized Kym for "outdancing" Hines and getting praised for it. I'll admit freely that there was at least one dance where that may have been true, but Mark consistently outdances or over dances all of his partners, so to criticize Kym for doing it in an article praising Mark is ridiculous.
    Mark outdances or breaks all the rules using two moves in a cha-cha that are obviously not in that style of dance and is rewarded for it.

Hell, even Derek was severely penalized (for him anyway) when he and Nicole from the PCD did movements in a quickstep that turned it into a free.

Oh, and an awful lot of comments following the K/R article made mention of the fact that Karina had posed in Playboy, so she had no right to be offended by Bruno's remarks. Uh, excuse me, but even if she hadn't been offended, it was a very nasty sexist remark referring to a portion of a woman's anatomy. It could, and did, offend women viewers. There have already been a lot of boob jokes this season. Bruno didn't need to go any further. He needs to start offering constructive criticism instead of trying to make his every commentary an excuse for him to leap out of his chair and attempt to be funny. He's not, and it's annoying. If everyone else on the judging panel can remain seated, so can he.
    For starters, these people are idiots (and frankly uneducated in pop culture) to think that just because you pose in Playboy you have no right to feel sexually harassed. There are many people who've posed in that who did it for the money and left.

There were also Playboy bunnies in the old clubs they had who didn't even pose in the magazine. If anyone treated the Playboy bunnies in the clubs like Bruno did Karina, they'd had their key taken from them and would be PERMANENTLY banned there.

They're doing what they can to try and kick out Ralph and Karina - that is becoming more and more obvious. It should be Ralph, Hines and Kirstie with any deserving of the trophy.

Rate it's going now, why don't they just save some money and just hand the title to Chelsea and Mark then either NOT do two more episodes, or if they MUST do them, do a recap episode and reunion special next week so all can lash out about the obvious manipulation of the season?
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-17-2011 at 10:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread