+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Kirstie and Hines both have big fan bases, especially Hines who will get the trophy ball in the end. What the judges were blatantly trying to do tonight was to make sure that Ralph leaves tomorrow so that Chelsea makes it to the finals. Unless a lot of people rally behind Ralph, Chelsea and Mark are a shoe in for the finals.

This whole manipulation was really nauseating tonight.
    Don't bother with Hines votes, make sure you vote for Ralph to put a roadblock in the Mark juggernaut.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Because there's two judges on this panel that don't know ballroom, nor do they care, but they love hip hop, and being young 20 somethings doing hip hop is what the show wants. That, and Mark in the finals, but they're obviously not getting the votes, so they needed to give them the advantage. And then they will in the finals, and start picking Hines apart so Chelsea can be guaranteed victory. If that happens, as soon as I hear Tom start to say "Winners of DWTS are Ch-" my TV is going off. Chelsea isn't getting the votes because of her, she's here for Mark. I doubt she'd be getting the same praise from the judges if it weren't for him.
    And that's even sadder. I know KIDS, and I mean kids age 10 and under, who know that sliding a girl between your legs (in dancing) is SWING, not hip-hop.

I did shoot a letter off to ABC, basically telling them Mark is a joke, their judges are a joke, Brooke is a joke, the singers are a joke, and the show reeks of manipulation and favoritism, and they've ruined it as a result. Bad publicity can only be good for so long. And I said Bruno crossed the line and totally disrespected Karina tonight. Literally, I feel if Chelsea did a cha cha when she was supposed to do a waltz, she'd get 10s because of Mark.
    Yeah, I saw her dances, and she totally messed up in the reviews of the dances. Sorry, but she should NOT be going to the finals - personally she's not the strongest dancer IMHO of the three left (even an injured Ralph and Kim were dancing better tonight), but she's going to be in the finals most likely because of dear Mark who HAS to be the annointed one since Derek has left the show for a time. (I will say though at least Derek gets razzed for breaking the rules, Mark has NOT yet).

BTW, thank you for not saying Tom is a joke to ABC. He's probably the only sane thing in this show save three of the final four dance groups. I only really watch now for Tom.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary View Post
    I sent a complaint message too from the ABC site - contact us. I doubt it will do any good but it can't hurt.
    I know, I doubt they even read them. And if they do, they probably figure the more people complain, the better it is for publicity. Since I mentioned the show being rigged for Mark, they likely think I'll tune in to see whether he wins or not. I'm tuning in, but not for that reason. I already know he's winning. I only hope he loses, thinking he's got it, and shows what a true jacka** he is.

BTW, thank you for not saying Tom is a joke to ABC. He's probably the only sane thing in this show save three of the final four dance groups. I only really watch now for Tom.
    Tom and, to a certain degree, Len are the only good things about this show anymore. But I feel like even Tom is getting bored of the same old song and dance, same old people winning, same old script. He doesn't seem as quick with the one liners as he once did. Since I won't be able to watch, how did he handle what Bruno said to Karina?

Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    Or to appeal more to the teen and twenty-something crowd, not sure of the actual viewer demographics, but many of us really watched Cheers and the original Karate Kid back in the day...
    Well, I'm 22 and they don't appeal to me! I loved Cheers and the Karate Kid! Even if I didn't, however, the younger dancers on this show generally don't appeal to me...I prefer the older, non-disney tween ones most of the time, with the exception of Monique from HSM S3 and Kyle Massey last, whom I enjoyed soo much last season. I didn't even really care for Shawn Johnson and while Sabrina Bryan was amazing, she was obviously such a ringer that it wasn't even funny. I'm more impressed when a football player or an older person or someone who has really never danced before comes in and gives it their all, which is why I loved this season at the start.

I don't know, I just wish they would let this show run naturally and not try to manipulate us or push us one way or the other...it's really starting to bother me and if Mark wins this season, I may not tune back in.

They are slowly turning a season that I absolutely loved at the start into one of my least favorite seasons ever.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I know, I doubt they even read them. And if they do, they probably figure the more people complain, the better it is for publicity. Since I mentioned the show being rigged for Mark, they likely think I'll tune in to see whether he wins or not.
    I saw your post a couple of days ago, Kara, about this being a fix and knew that you were right (because you always are ) but didn't have a chance to respond to it. In reality, though, it was even more obvious than expected seeing it play out. If it wasn't a fix to boost Mark/Chelsea at least one of the judges would have voted for Hines/Kim over them considering they were far better.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

For the first time EVER, I tried to vote. My old sign-in didn't work so I requested a new one. When that was messed up, I tried to open aupone with another e-mail address. BOTH said verification failed and to try again later. I CAN'T vote!

I took five minutes and SEVERAL attempts, but I finally got my account working and can vote. GRRRRR. I voted twice for Ralph and three times for Kirstie. I figure they have the dancers in the order they want them to finish on the Web site.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62 View Post
    No no

it's

800-868-3411
    ty soooooooooo much my mistake..was watching Castle when I wrote that down..thank you for correcting me..Kristie, Hines, and Ralph need all the votes they can get

and IMO they should be the final 3
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 05-16-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Let ABC know what you think of the obvious manipulation of the results and the low-balling of Ralph. Go to the ABC home page and scroll to the bottom. Under Company Information select Contact ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    Let ABC know what you think of the obvious manipulation of the results and the low-balling of Ralph. Go to the ABC home page and scroll to the bottom. Under Company Information select Contact ABC.
    already done and boy oh boy I didn't hold anything back either
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread