+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/10 "Best Performances"/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    It sounds like next week, they will be giving the judges even more power in the overall decision based on this "winner take all" 15 point cha cha. Is that really what it is? Fifteen extra points awarded to the couple of their choice is basically a free pass to the finals for them (it will equate to about a 5-6% voting advantage, won't it?) Whoever gets it won't be in danger of elimination, that's for sure. I have a sinking suspicion that the producers came up with this bizarre (and unfair) new twist to assure Chelsea and Mark make the finals, because I bet their viewer votes are behind the other three by a couple of points (and maybe getting lower each week as Mark's douchebaggery increases and more fans get turned off).
    That's what I heard Brooke say. She said something to Ralph about 3 dances and mentioned that 15 bonus points. It seems really unfair if only one couple got a 15 point advantage. It's why I hate when the judges do a final ranking of whatever dance in the final, because one couple gets 10 (?), while the others get lower. Those extra points could easily make the difference. I guess if only one couple gets the extra 15 points and everyone else gets nothing, I can always hope Hines gets it. However, it'll probably be Chelsea/Mark. Gotta keep the little troll and his attitude happy. He's the best, you know, and deserves perfection Yeah, gotta have them in the finals to showcase their awesome freestyle. Seriously, what a disappointment to an otherwise good season if they win. And beyond predictable. It's gotten to that point, why have an entire season, just let Derek and Mark battle it out week 1. It's obvious they'll get the best partners with the most experience, be loved and gushed on by the judges, and end up winning in the end. How can they even look excited anymore? And why do the other pros even bother trying. If it is true that only one couple will be awarded 15 points and everyone else gets nothing, if I were Ralph or Kirstie, I'd just go sit on my tush and refuse to do it. Why go all out, risk even further injury, when it's going to be for nothing?

Ralph wouldnt sit it out , he's too much of a gent to do that. Kirstie might though, just for attention.She was fun at the start, now she acts foolish, I dont want her to act her age, thats no fun.But come close at least her and her sexless toyboy.I heard Kenny said she was old enough to be his grandmother! LOL
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That's what I heard Brooke say. She said something to Ralph about 3 dances and mentioned that 15 bonus points. It seems really unfair if only one couple got a 15 point advantage. It's why I hate when the judges do a final ranking of whatever dance in the final, because one couple gets 10 (?), while the others get lower. Those extra points could easily make the difference. I guess if only one couple gets the extra 15 points and everyone else gets nothing, I can always hope Hines gets it. However, it'll probably be Chelsea/Mark. Gotta keep the little troll and his attitude happy. He's the best, you know, and deserves perfection Yeah, gotta have them in the finals to showcase their awesome freestyle. Seriously, what a disappointment to an otherwise good season if they win. And beyond predictable. It's gotten to that point, why have an entire season, just let Derek and Mark battle it out week 1. It's obvious they'll get the best partners with the most experience, be loved and gushed on by the judges, and end up winning in the end. How can they even look excited anymore? And why do the other pros even bother trying. If it is true that only one couple will be awarded 15 points and everyone else gets nothing, if I were Ralph or Kirstie, I'd just go sit on my tush and refuse to do it. Why go all out, risk even further injury, when it's going to be for nothing?
    The ranking of dances in the finale awards 30, 28 and 26 points respectively, so at most a 4 point difference, which is unfair enough. But 15 points is insane! That's so extremely unfair that I keep thinking we didn't hear it correctly. They might as well just have the judges give one couple immunity outright so people can just use all their votes on their favorites among the other three.

If it's a cha cha, Ralph will be at a disadvantage because he is the weakest at cha cha, due to his stiff hips, so I could almost get behind his sitting out and resting his knee. Kirstie and Hines are both pretty good at this dance, so she definitely will dance, she's far from a quitter. But if the judges are determined to give the points to Chelsea (who will probably wear the fringed pants again to camouflage the incorrect hip action), it won't matter what the others do anyway.

Loved how on Dance Central they made fun of all the get-ups that Mark and Chelsea wear by saying that Mark must get a discount at a Halloween store
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Maybe there are 15 TOTAL bonus points that need to be divied up amongst the four couples. If one couple received a 10, then there would be 5 points to split for the other three or if two couples got 6 extra points each, the other two might each get 4 bonus points. Just a guess. Fifteen to one and zero to the others seems like you may just as well call it a season and hoist the mirror ball trophy up on Mark's shoulder, just out of Chelsea's reach.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I also LOVE Dance Center and wish it were longer! The stats do go by too fast. Geez, I'm a fast reader, and I can't read the whole thing before they take it off the screen. Why doesn't anyone in charge there realize it needs to stay on the screen longer? That's some funny stuff. Love how Jerry Rice's face is bedazzled! More Dance Center!
    DWTS has a gold mine with Dance Center and should think about how they could expand upon it. It is really LOL funny. One of my favorite statements last night was how Mark must have a Halloween store on the side to explain all the wierd costumes he and his partners wear. I also love Tom B's quote that Mark is the man of a thousand faces. They all had spot on observations on these dancers.

I was sorry to see Romeo leave. I really enjoyed his dancing a lot, though I'm not that big a fan of Chelsie's.
    I am glad, though, that Ralph got to stay. I do think he deserved it. And, I love him being paired with Karina. I've really grown to like the woman. She's definitely matured and become a lot more professional.
    I've never seen a "smug" look on Chelsea's face. Not a big fan of Mark's, but I do find Chelsea adorable and a terrific dancer. While I was in Florida last week, I watched the show with my uncle's daughter. She's very familiar with Chelsea from the Disney channel and she told me that Chelsea's got quite a following.
    I do think they're overscoring Hines a lot. I like him and his attitude, but I don't find him that great a dancer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I've never seen a "smug" look on Chelsea's face. Not a big fan of Mark's, but I do find Chelsea adorable and a terrific dancer. While I was in Florida last week, I watched the show with my uncle's daughter. She's very familiar with Chelsea from the Disney channel and she told me that Chelsea's got quite a following.
    The only time I've seen Chelsea with a smug face was when they put Ralph and Romeo in the bottom two, and when Brooke did the "still in danger" card, you see Chelsea have this smirk/smug look in her face knowing that they were most likely safe - if not flat out safe. It took a ding in my opinion of her, though I'm more wanting someone else to win because I'm tired of MARK winning and worse, pretty much shoving the person he's training aside.

As far as the 15 points, I hope they mean divvyied up. If it's flat out 15, there's going to be no way, save the duo crashing/burning/having to drop out due to injury being eliminated the team will advance. THat is not fair to ANY of the teams.

>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW, I do have one suggestion to the producers - Dick Van Dyke has been asked at times to appear on the show, but given his age he's declined. He did say that he'd be willing to do a single guest performance - please let him. He's still dancing quite well at 85.

Except I can understand that with his age he doesn't want to do a new dance every week, I wish he would've done it. We'd had a woman pro win these again. Of course, watch his partner had been Julianne Hough though. :

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    BTW, I do have one suggestion to the producers - Dick Van Dyke has been asked at times to appear on the show, but given his age he's declined. He did say that he'd be willing to do a single guest performance - please let him. He's still dancing quite well at 85.

Except I can understand that with his age he doesn't want to do a new dance every week, I wish he would've done it. We'd had a woman pro win these again. Of course, watch his partner had been Julianne Hough though. :
    I would SO love to see Dick van Dyke! Even ONE dance.

There's more suspense seeing who will take the third spot, which right now I'm thinking will be Kirstie. And fan favorite Ralph, dealing with an injury and a dance mishap with their paso, will get the boot next week.
    I think this is exactly how the season will play out. Unless Kirstie, brings her A game every dance from now on. She has the votes. Hines is a given at this point to be in the F2.

What if Ralph was in too much pain to continue on? Would Romeo be asked back? How does that work?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread