+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 - Road to the Finals/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/26 - Road to the Finals/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    Read on Kirstie's twitter that the teams are: Hines/Kirstie/Kendra vs. Chelsea/Romeo/Ralph. Not sure about the dance.

ETA: Ooops, Tl11le beat me to it!
    hmmmmm. Not well balanced. Kirsty and Kendra should be on opposite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    hmmmmm. Not well balanced. Kirsty and Kendra should be on opposite teams.
    I so agree, but if both teams do the cha cha, Kirstie/Kendra/Hines have all done it before, and assuming Kendra has improved somewhat since week one, they may be better than expected (Kirstie and Hines both pretty much killed this dance on their first attempt IIRC). OTOH, I don't think the cha cha will be Ralph's strong suit, and not sure if Romeo has loosened up enough to really "shake it" yet either.

I guess I'm rooting for the underdogs (ie, whichever team Mark isn't on). If only Romeo and Kendra had switched teams (not that way)!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I so agree, but if both teams do the cha cha, Kirstie/Kendra/Hines have all done it before, and assuming Kendra has improved somewhat since week one, they may be better than expected (Kirstie and Hines both pretty much killed this dance on their first attempt IIRC). OTOH, I don't think the cha cha will be Ralph's strong suit, and not sure if Romeo has loosened up enough to really "shake it" yet either.

I guess I'm rooting for the underdogs (ie, whichever team Mark isn't on). If only Romeo and Kendra had switched teams (not that way)!
    Kirsty has a huge fan base and Hines has gathered fans who vote for the best dancer. So there is that. And lets not rule out Kendra and her reality fans. So the apparent underdogs could take this easily.

I agree about the hip movement for both Ralph and Romeo; another point in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Kirsty has a huge fan base and Hines has gathered fans who vote for the best dancer. So there is that. And lets not rule out Kendra and her reality fans. So the apparent underdogs could take this easily.

I agree about the hip movement for both Ralph and Romeo; another point in favor.
    I agree that Team K/H/K may all have large fanbases, but that won't affect how well they actually perform the dance, or how the judges score them.

What will be interesting with this matchup is that one team will have very strong men (K/H/K) while the other will have very strong women (R/C/R). Will the women of the latter team mostly dance around the men to make up for their lack of hip action? Oh, wait, will Mark stick out like a sore thumb doing his typical grandstanding and gyrations while Ralph and Romeo stiffly try to keep up? That really could be interesting.

I cracked up last night when they showed the contestants in their individual spots talking about how important winning this contest is to them. It was so funny. How do they do it with a straight face? LOL Yeah, I know it's hard work, but please. That was waaaay over the top. I know, I know, they have to get the fans going, but still. That was funny.

Man, did you see Donny Osmond last night? He looks wonderful! Has he had work done? Naaaaa, but he looks younger than when he was on DWTS. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Marrying Hank was the best decision she ever made in her life. Has nothing to do with that whatsoever. She moved into the Mansion and slept with the old pervert Hugh Hefner when she was pretty young. He gave her money, car, clothes, jewelry, provided a house for her to live in and anything she wanted in return for sex. Sorry, but to me, that's why she's a skank ~
    Well stated.
    Also, she's getting paid millions for doing what, exactly? Oh that's right, nothing.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I cracked up last night when they showed the contestants in their individual spots talking about how important winning this contest is to them. It was so funny. How do they do it with a straight face? LOL Yeah, I know it's hard work, but please. That was waaaay over the top. I know, I know, they have to get the fans going, but still. That was funny.

Man, did you see Donny Osmond last night? He looks wonderful! Has he had work done? Naaaaa, but he looks younger than when he was on DWTS. Really.
    At 50 very close to 51, it was obvious that Donny was having to exert all the energy he had during the rehearsals. He may have had a strong fan base, but winning that trophy personally cost him a lot of effort. He looked pretty haggard many times in those clips. I don't know if he has had any "work" done, but I'm sure just being away from that grueling worked out schedule helped refresh his face several years.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Man, did you see Donny Osmond last night? He looks wonderful! Has he had work done? Naaaaa, but he looks younger than when he was on DWTS.
    Really.
    Absolutely!!! He had work done and I think he would have looked better without it. Facial work on men just does not work as well. To me he looks too done. Yowza.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post

The Team dance is always annoying. Did they skip the dance-off last week? I just noticed!

At this point, I expect that Kendra's days are numbered, unless they want to even out the male/female ratio by dropping a guy again next week. I'd then expect the quarter-finals to be two guys and two girls, possibly Hines, Romeo, Kirstie, and Chelsea, and then narrowed down to one girl and two guys. I think they might shock us all by Sabrina-/Brandy-ing off Chelsea just shy of the finals. The finals would have Kirstie, Romeo, and Hines with Hines being the likely winner.

Maybe Romeo will pull a Shawn and upset the whole applecart like Gilles' season.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched the Jimmy Kimmel clip with Chris and Cheryl, including the traditional burning of the dancing shoes.

+ Reply to Thread