+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/18 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Have to agree the American theme was a bust, and the performances suffered for it. And I'm sorry, with so many great patriotic songs, who the h*ll thinks a Miley Cyrus song should even be in the Top 100 list there!?? That was just ridiculous!

I have actually been pleasantly impressed with Romeo. No, he isn't going to win - but he is sincerely trying and his performance last night was enjoyable.

Ralph - I'm sorry, I couldn't get past those jeans worn up so high he could give my grandpa a run for his money!

Petra is beautiful and sweet, but her dancing is nothing special. If it was a personality contest, she would be in the top 3, no problem. But I think her time has come.

Kirstie - man, that was one of the raunchiest fox trots I have ever seen! It went with the music (terrible choice), and her outfit was awful. But I was entertained, and Maks shirtless - yes, please!!

Hines and Chris both did well. I agree with most of you, I didn't see the hip action the judges were talking about. But I am not a dance expert, so what do I know.

Kendra - I actually enjoyed the performance and think she did better this week and tried. Unfortunately, she has not made many new fans on this show. Her core fans love her, but I don't think her personality translates well here. I also think she is one of those people who is used to excelling at physical things. If she doesn't excel immediately, she doesn't try - and I think that is what we are seeing.

Chelsea - I thought her dance was fine. I thought Mark toned it down a bit - at least he was in the back so we could actually SEE her dance this week. I'm sure she will be around for a while, but she just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it is Mark. Maybe it is because there are so many others who have a better story and are more entertaining. She is just forgettable to me - which is interesting given that she is a good dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am baffled at Hines score. He did little in this dance other than guide Kym into all her turns and twirls. I know he is good but capable of so much more. He danced so little in this number! I don't even know what that dance was called. Nothing familiar, that is for sure.
    Yes, same here. I was already surprised by the comments here cause most of the time I agree with you guys but this time no. Like shoepie I thought he hardly danced.

It was a bad evening. Horrible too sentimental music. I loved last week and then they do this.. Music and singers were terrible.
    Loved watching Maks shirtless of course.

Yes, I too misundersood the memo. I thought it was a night of patriotic music about America. Man, I never thought Sweet Home Alabama, Viva Las Vegas, and New York, New York were patriotic. I guess in a perverted way they are.

And Kirstie. I love her, but American Woman is about getting AWAY from an Amerian Woman. LOL

What a horrible night.

Hines was WAAAAAY overscored. THat wasn't right.

Please Kendra, I have defended you from day one, but please don't tell us more about your monthly again. TMI

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Yes, same here. I was already surprised by the comments here cause most of the time I agree with you guys but this time no. Like shoepie I thought he hardly danced.

It was a bad evening. Horrible too sentimental music. I loved last week and then they do this.. Music and singers were terrible.
    Loved watching Maks shirtless of course.

Total agreement - I was waiting for the judges to let Kym have it for dancing around him the whole time and then they said it was his best yet???

FORT Fogey

The theme last nite totally wrecked the show for me. The music selection was terrible and didn't fit with the dances. It will not be too soon if they never have this theme again!

I thought all of the dancers were reasonably good; none were fabulous and none were terrible.

Kirstie's costume was awful and she looked self conscious wearing it.

Hoping next week is a step up all around!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I too misundersood the memo. I thought it was a night of patriotic music about America. Man, I never thought Sweet Home Alabama, Viva Las Vegas, and New York, New York were patriotic. I guess in a perverted way they are.

And Kirstie. I love her, but American Woman is about getting AWAY from an Amerian Woman. LOL

What a horrible night.

Hines was WAAAAAY overscored. THat wasn't right.

Please Kendra, I have defended you from day one, but please don't tell us more about your monthly again. TMI
    I was trying to figure out the music as well. BTW, I love Sweet Home Alabama, but it is not Alabama where the guys where those kinds of hats, shirts, and boots. I think you might see more of those outfits in Texas? Great song anyway!

I agree that Maks was looking mighty fine, but the outfit on Kirstie wasn't flattering, and the dance as an attempt at a foxtrot fell flat to me. I like them very, very much as a couple, but last night was a little bizarre to me.
    I just hope they don't end up in the bottom 3, but I won't be surprised if they do.

I also like Hines and think he is extremely charismatic. I love his smiling face, but last night, I didn't feel like he danced a lot. I thought he turned Kim a lot. I felt like he might have been scored a little high.

Chris was in great stride last night. In fact, I was more impressed I believe with him last night than I was with Cheryl.

I felt like Kendra improved. It was obvious that she was trying hard and her attitude was good. It was a chipper dance - it had to be to that music!

Chelsea and Mark were both good. I don't have any trouble with the pro dancing well whether it be Mark or sweet Kym. That is what I expect of the pro. I thought the two of them dancing were fetching last night. Even so, they weren't scored extremely high as in seasons past.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 04-19-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    You and me both, and anytime I think they can't worse, they prove me wrong. What's the deal with these themes? Story/dedication week makes sense. Patriotic week was just a bust. The singing and song selections were awful. The costume choices were cheap, tacky, and gaudy. The dancing was the worst it's been all season, with a few exceptions. The stage props, the oversized flags playing over the video screens, Tom and Brooke nearly getting buried alive in confetti (was all that confetti really needed? It's DWTS, not a presidential election), was pointless. It's the same old song and dance as every week, and these themes don't add anything.
    You left out the DWTS version of Mt. Rushmore that had Carrie Ann's, Len's, Bruno's and Tom's faces carved into stone that was in the background when the celebs were being interviewed by Brooke.

I think the theme was doomed from the start when the Brit was playing the part of the American commander (Lieutenant Len). He reminded me of Fowler in Chicken Run who was always going on about his time in the British Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Romeo: completely overscored. His moves were tentative all over the place. What were the judges watching?

Ralph would have gotten better scores if they hadn't gone first. He kicked butt with some really complex choreography.

I dunno, Hines did very well, but I think Kym's fringe acted as a deflection away from his imperfections. It was very good, but maybe not the ultimate.

Kirstie & Maks - It wasn't much of a dance because he didn't ask much of her, but it was fun to watch, and Maks shirtless...wow. But it was a "7" dance for me.

Kendra -- she's the victim of an awful song and hokey choreography this week. Having said that, she's simply not emotionally equipped to do this. I hope she goes this week, just to spare her more breakdowns.

Mark kept things too simple for Chelsea this week, and when they dance he can't help upstaging her all over the place. But at least he let her be noticed this time. He's still a jackass though.
    I thought I was the only one who didn't feel Romeos dance last night- tentative is the perfect descrition. There wasn't any flow -I saw the dance not as one dance but different parts strung together. It was just okay.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Yeah, I liked Chris, but it wasn't his best IMO. Everything just seemd not quite as entertaining.

Is there a thread for our picks of hwo will leave tonight? I predict the Petra. I think she dances fine and is very nice, but who are her fans?

+ Reply to Thread