+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I wish Kendra had gone. She is wooden and her attitude is awful. When she kept making such disparaging comments about Louis and having to fake a romance with him for a dance? I wanted to smack her. I've never seen her on anything other than this so I can only base my opinion on how she's acted here.

Sugar Ray - another one who was being seen in a bad light on this show. He just came off as so bitter and angry, I'm not at all surprised he was voted off. I do wish it had been Kendra though so we could see more of Anna.
    Wow! We have very different ideas about Sugar Ray's behavior. To me, he was very gracious towards Anna and the whole experience.

I wasn't wanting them to go home - my ideal would've been Chelsea and Mark GONE - but I'm glad Romeo, Hines and Kirsty were safe.

This season is a little tough because the two I really disliked left the first two weeks and I'm going to be sad now for most any elimination. (Again, except Chelsea and Mark!)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I wish Kendra had gone. She is wooden and her attitude is awful. When she kept making such disparaging comments about Louis and having to fake a romance with him for a dance? I wanted to smack her. I've never seen her on anything other than this so I can only base my opinion on how she's acted here.

Sugar Ray - another one who was being seen in a bad light on this show. He just came off as so bitter and angry, I'm not at all surprised he was voted off. I do wish it had been Kendra though so we could see more of Anna.
    Wow! We have very different ideas about Sugar Ray's behavior. To me, he was very gracious towards Anna and the whole experience.

I wasn't wanting them to go home - my ideal would've been Chelsea and Mark GONE - but I'm glad Romeo, Hines and Kirsty were safe.

This season is a little tough because the two I really disliked left the first two weeks and I'm going to be sad now for most any elimination. (Again, except Chelsea and Mark!)
    I agree, he didn't come off to me as being bitter and angry, but very happy to have been there and has great respect for his fellow castmates and the show.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-13-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't watch the results shows. I can only go off the way he came off during the confessionals. I have seen him in other things and he seemed nicer, he just came off as unlikeable. Seeing he was voted off, I am thinking I'm not alone in thinking that. Even my husband, who is a fan, said he just came off sort of bad in his clips.

Different strokes, I saw something different in his comments and his expressions.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I don't watch the results shows. I can only go off the way he came off during the confessionals. I have seen him in other things and he seemed nicer, he just came off as unlikeable. Seeing he was voted off, I am thinking I'm not alone in thinking that. Even my husband, who is a fan, said he just came off sort of bad in his clips.

Different strokes, I saw something different in his comments and his expressions.
    Sometimes people are read some ways.... they all seem to have their moments! I only spoke from what I saw last night.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Funny, how we all see things.
    SR always seemed gracious, kind, and more than willing to put in the effort.
    I never saw him bitter, angry or less than gentlemanly. His exit was one of the best I've ever seen on this show.
    I also happen to like Chelsea very much. She seems very sweet, bubbly and a terrific dancer.
    The one contestant I cannot stand is Kendra because she whines, pouts, acts trashy and is disrespectful to her pro, Louis.
    To me, that's not somebody being "real" or "honest", that's just somebody behaving really badly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Now I see why you might of had the opinion you did. He was gracious and humble when told he was going home.

A lot of contestants get emotional and come off bitter in their confessions. Depending on how they perform that night.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

I felt a little bad for Sugar Ray. He is a living legend but given his quiet demeanor, he was overshadowed by the other stars this season, I think. I would like to have seen him get more spotlight, but it wasn't in the cards.

I never saw him as rude - just quiet.

This is an interesting season, and I think what the judges are saying is correct, i.e. a large chunk have similar skill levels - and no real ringer at this point. It will be exciting that way. At this point, I'd like to see Kirstie and Ralph as F1 and F2.

I enjoy watching them dance - well, for Kirstie, I like her when she is not accident prone.

I don't mean to sound mean, but....I just came off losing about 50-60 lbs so I know of what I speak...stupid/embarrassing/awkward stuff happens when one is overweight. If this show and those accidents aren't a wake-up call, nothing will be. I know what it's like to let food rule one's world and it's not a happy place to be. It's clear the weight bothers Kirstie emotionally, and I hope her participation on the show helps her find a good "zone" with all of that, i.e. good exercise program, healthy eating, etc. It ain't easy, but not coming to grips with it is an even more difficult way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    Mark is sooo irritating ....

Rewatched the show this morning on TIVO. In their little replay clip from the performance show, Chelsie is shown backstage saying, "we're taking another risk with the choreography," while Mark is in the background. He says three times, loudly, "we are NOT taking a risk," during the rest of what she's saying about the dance.

It's all about him.
    Mark really does make the choreography about him and showcasing himself, rather than his partner. I agreed with Len about deviating from the dance to put "an edge" to the choreography. Mark needs to be reminded that it's not SYTYCD and that each week he gets to create a freestyle dance, roughly based on the dance style assigned to him and his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Mark really does make the choreography about him and showcasing himself, rather than his partner. I agreed with Len about deviating from the dance to put "an edge" to the choreography. Mark needs to be reminded that it's not SYTYCD and that each week he gets to create a freestyle dance, roughly based on the dance style assigned to him and his partner.
    For as much as I recognize the Ballas/Hough dynasty's talent, it's refreshing to only have Mark AND for the judges finally to call a member of that clan out on showcasing rather than teaching. I look at Kym and Anna, who dance with their partners rather than solo. Tony, Louis, and Maks are the same--they teach their star and spotlight him/her, not themselves. Last night, I watched several clips of Maks' dances with Mel B. He made a point to dance with Mel and to make any solo work about her; if it was his solo, it was subtle and short and relevant to the dance style. He easily could eclipse his star if his brother's dancing is any evidence of it. Mark doesn't look at it that way. He's probably a decent teacher, but he lucked out last season with a popular clunker and this season with a talented star. As much as I appreciate his choreography, if he really wants to show his skill, he needs to be in shows where he can be the principal.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Funny, how we all see things.
    SR always seemed gracious, kind, and more than willing to put in the effort.
    I never saw him bitter, angry or less than gentlemanly. His exit was one of the best I've ever seen on this show.
    I also happen to like Chelsea very much. She seems very sweet, bubbly and a terrific dancer.
    The one contestant I cannot stand is Kendra because she whines, pouts, acts trashy and is disrespectful to her pro, Louis.
    To me, that's not somebody being "real" or "honest", that's just somebody behaving really badly.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you regarding the comments about Kendra. She is without a doubt, one of the crudest most inappropriate people to ever exploit reality television. In the past, the bad behavior she displays would have been used as an example of how not to behave. Now, that same bad behavior is rewarded with a million dollar contract. I cannot understand how doing absolutely nothing of merit while demonstrating the worst in etiquette is grounds for adulation and a million dollar contract. When did we begin equating honesty with bad manners? When did behaving with decorum and self respect and respect for others become unfashionable and something to be avoided at all costs? As if acting in a civilized fashion means being fake? Her lack of eloquence and her indifference to any attempt at bettering herself is sadly, a true reflection of how many young women and teen aged girls view themselves.Burping, talking about personal hygiene, swearing like a drunken sailor and flashing people have nothing to do with being `honest' `real' and `one of us.'
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

+ Reply to Thread