+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Well that elimination wasn't a shocker, wished it was Kendra instead. Oh well. I guess it's just a little disappointing that someone like Sugar Ray didn't have a very big fan base. I think that a good portion of the audience who watch are older and have probably have heard of him, so he definitely had name recognition. I guess that boxing fans are not the ones watching DWTS though. I've always thought that boxers would do well on this show, because of their fast feet but I guess their hunched over position from boxing for so many years is really hard for them to unlearn. It was enjoyable watching him dance and that wonderful smile of his, was hoping to see how much more he would have progressed but I guess that it's not to be.

It was very annoying with Tom announcing over and over again that Chelsea/Mark were in jeopardy or could go home. How stupid do they think the audience is? I don't think they will be leaving for awhile, but did have an evil thought. I was hoping they'd leave for the plain and simple fact that it would have made 2 Disney stars paired with Mark who were booted early and unexpectedly. I'd wonder if Mark would think of himself as a jinx, because I certainly would have. The thought of that scenario makes me giggle just a bit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    O M G....I love Swan Lake. (hated black swan..sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    No need to apologize, no one did. Bad movie.
    Actually, a majority did enjoy that movie.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-13-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kendra's becoming the "Bristol Palin" of this season, it seems.

For me, her attitude is one of the worst I've ever seen on this show.
    Unless Louis can manage to give her a personality transplant by next week, she's going to keep on hanging on.
    And, can someone tell me what is about these "reality stars" like her who seem to inspire so much loyalty and affection from their fans??!!!
    Total tra*ler tr*sh.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Why the heck is Kendra still there? Is there a "pole dance" week coming up? And they're hanging on to her for that?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hey Karalott. I'm glad for you that one of your favorites, Kendra, didn't get eliminated. But it's funny how we all see things so differently. I don't see anything in Kendra that makes me believe that she will miraculously change her attitude or learn to be gracious. She acts like a spoiled, petulant child, and is really disrespectful, especially to Louis. If she turns it around next week and acts more mature and appreciative of the opportunity she has been given, I will be first in line to congratulate her and her new maturity. I'm just not very optimistic that that is going to happen. Like the scorpion said in the story of the scorpion and the frog, you just can't change someone's nature.
    Somehow I think she and Louis do get along and respect each other. Obviously last night was a low blow. Coming into this Kendra was considered a front runner and received a lot of hype, probably due to her status of being more well known (and controversial/polarizing). I think that pressure got to her. Louis has been a miracle worker in the past, and maybe she's feeling the pressure to keep up. I'm not going to say everything Kendra does on the defense is the right thing, or that she's entitled to blurt whatever she wants out of her mouth (she is, she just shouldn't). I don't think she knows how to handle the criticism and the spotlight being focused solely on her at the moment. I think she's got a lot of confidence issues. In rehearsals and backstage, she seems like the fun loving free spirit that I grew to love. Somewhere along the way she loses me. I thought this week would be the make or break week for her, but I think that will wind up being next week. Either she's going to listen Louis and he's going to set her straight, or she's going to give up and beg to go home. Hopefully it doesn't get to where she drops out. She didn't seem as enthusiastic to be staying as Louis at the moment, but I think she did seem stunned.

As for SR, I am actually surprised he didn't have more of a fan base. He's a very well known sports icon. I figured along with that, his personality, and the fact he wasn't a horrible dancer might have gotten through a few weeks.

No matter what she does next week, her "fans" will keep her in! (Sorry, karalott!) A more deserving dancer will go home instead.
    I do like Kendra, but she isn't getting votes from me right now. I'm giving them all to Romeo, as I think he needs them more. Right now my ideal final 4 is Kirstie, Ralph, Romeo, and Hines. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris round out the top 5. I wouldn't mind losing Chelsea and Petra next, then Kendra in 6th. I like Kendra, and like her for her outspoken personality. But she does need to tone it down. I don't like everything she does and obviously her partnership with Louis isn't what I was hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom View Post

BTW - why wasn't Kendra in the "Lieutenant Len" line up??? Did she have a conflict, or did she just decide she didn't want to do it??

@KendraWilkinson: A lot of you guys are asking why I wasn't in the video sketch tonight and its cuz I was sick : ( I really wanted to be in it, I'm bummed!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    No need to apologize, no one did. Bad movie.
    Great movie. Amazing performances, well deserving of the oscar win for Natalie Portman. have to defend what I like.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Yes and so did the viewers.
    I felt the same way about this elimination which leads me back to the theory that most reality shows are rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    WTH is wrong with Kendra? That reality star needs a gigantic reality check. She's lucky to be there, and doubly lucky to have Louis as a partner.

I'll bet Louis is missing the good ole' days of Kelly Osbourne.
    I miss the days when Louis danced with Kelly.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

This is going to sound odd, but Kendra is too real. She is so used to cameras catching everything, and she is not an actress, that even her disappointment and anguish are captured. I am not liking her attitude much, but I love her and her family on their show. She puts it out there and is honest, and sometimes it works like her show, and sometimes it backfires like DWTS. I really think that she needs a better agent that keeps her out of things that are not her cup of tea.

I am not saying that people that have never danced ballroom before should not be on the show, but clearly she is just way far away from even enjoying it let alone enjoying doing it.

I like this season a lot because I have no idea when the bottom three is announced whom will go. I was kind of hoping Chelsea and Mark would go. Cannot put my finger on it, but she annoys me, and he is beyond annoying.

FORT Fan

Mark is sooo irritating ....

Rewatched the show this morning on TIVO. In their little replay clip from the performance show, Chelsie is shown backstage saying, "we're taking another risk with the choreography," while Mark is in the background. He says three times, loudly, "we are NOT taking a risk," during the rest of what she's saying about the dance.

It's all about him.

+ Reply to Thread