+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/12 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

So Mark got the fake bottom 2 spot AND the encore dance.....talk about mixed messages
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

s in:

Hey guys Haven't had much time to post lately, but what a season already! I love everybody, with the exception of Chelsea/Mark. I knew he'd be grating, but I thought she'd be likeable. Nope. Oh well.

I'm glad Kendra is still in it, but I hate to see SR and Anna go as well. I never watched TGND but I do watch Kendra's show and I like her. I agree with a lot of you that she's had a soud attitude on DWTS, and there is something about her partnership with Louis that just doesn't seem to gel (which makes me very sad). But, I'm holding out hope that she can turn it around next week. I wish she would think before she speaks. I know that that is classic Kendra, but she has to realize she's being showcased to a much different demographic than the people who watch her show. She needs to reign it in a bit.

I hope Ralph can come out on top next week, followed by Kirstie. They're definitely my two faves. I love everybody else too though! I'll be in NYC on vacation next week (SQUEE!!!) but I'll be DVR'ing the show for sure.

FORT Fogey

I'm really not looking forward to a patriotic music theme next week, simply because I can envision how many bad potential music choices (and costume choices) that might involve. If they wanted to do an "American" week, why couldn't they have made it an American Songbook night? There'd have been some lovely choices appropriate to any number of styles then. I swear, if I have to watch someone do the AT to "God Bless America, " I will hurl something at the television set. Or possibly just hurl.

I really wish Mark/Chelsea had gone home. She doesn't particularly appeal to me, and he just annoys me. I hope their being in the bottom three doesn't incite some kind of massive Disney voting bloc to text their fingers off next week. Sorry to see SR and Anna go, but at least Anna got to go out looking positively gorgeous.

I thought it was interesting that the pros I tend to like best were the ones who seemed to make the most remarks about helping their partners learn and taking satisfaction from that in the short video where they were asked about choreography etc. That really should be the focus of their efforts. I'd rather see a less ground-breakingly new dance that really showed how much a star had learned and how much they felt better about their abilities than something from a clear ringer that was more complicated. Speaking of teaching, I'm sorry for Louis if he's not enjoying working with Kendra (I have no idea if he is or not--could be last night was just a bad night for them), but he's probably exactly the sort of teacher she needs. Kendra strikes me as someone who needs someone who is disciplined and clear. Even though Louis was angry about what she said, I liked the way he told her that he was disappointed--not angry--that she'd said she didn't care about elegance, because he knew that she did care. He didn't bawl her out--he just pointed out that he knew what a number of us suspected: that she was being defensive because she felt like she couldn't manage to be elegant so instead of admitting that, she pretended she didn't care. Calling her out on that is probably the best thing for her.

I also agree with those who mentioned what a bad wardrobe choice Jennifer Hudson made. She looked like a big purple dinner bell. She's worked so hard to get a really fantastic figure, and that dress did nothing to show it off. She's looked much better on other occasions.

Finally, Kirstie, dear, whenever Maks asks to kiss you, the answer is always yes.

FORT Fogey

WTH is wrong with Kendra? That reality star needs a gigantic reality check. She's lucky to be there, and doubly lucky to have Louis as a partner.

I'll bet Louis is missing the good ole' days of Kelly Osbourne.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They've already done a paso to "American Woman", which I wouldn't be surprised to see repeated next week. That didn't go so well as it was the dance that got Natalie Coughlin eliminated. I'm trying to think if they've done any other American themed routines. All I can picture is the band butchering songs that are supposed to make you proud and patriotic, and wanting to retreat in the end. Kendra said that her song would be interesting next week. It's a foxtrot, so who knows. I'm also thinking "Proud to be an American" might make an appearance. After Brooke's comment to Petra/Dmitry, watch the show assign them that one.

Tonight's show was odd. Tom announcing Chelsea/Mark being in jeopardy (as if anyone thought they were really going home), and harping on it all freaking show. Len's tongue bath before they did the encore. It was just odd tonight. It makes me wonder if they really want them around and they took a big fall with the viewer votes, so they tried to drive home their point. I wouldn't have minded them going home. I do think this will just get their fanbase riled up. Reading the comments elsewhere online and Youtube they probably do have a massive voting bloc voting for them. At least DWTS restricts number of votes. Between the bottom 3, I wouldn't have minded losing Petra/Dmitry, either. I just like SR/Anna better, and I find them more memorable. Not to mention I'm over Bruno drooling over the pretty girls on the show and giving them high scores just because. I'm starting to get bored with those 2. I do think they'll probably only be around a couple more weeks, though, unless a shocker happens. Of course if a shocking elimination occurs, it'll probably be one of my favorites leaving

I think Kendra will probably turn it around next week, unless she just wants out and tanks on purpose. Louis did seem happy to still be in it. I am glad he called her out, and glad she was embarrassed. Now if she can keep her personal going ons to herself and think before she speaks, she'll be set. I think Kendra does try to just keep talking so she doesn't break down. I feel the elegant remark just came out without her really meaning it.

FORT Fogey

I think Kendra will probably turn it around next week, unless she just wants out and tanks on purpose. Louis did seem happy to still be in it. I am glad he called her out, and glad she was embarrassed. Now if she can keep her personal going ons to herself and think before she speaks, she'll be set. I think Kendra does try to just keep talking so she doesn't break down. I feel the elegant remark just came out without her really meaning it.
    That's why I think Louis could be the best thing that ever happened to Kendra, because if she manages to listen to him (and I realize that could be a very big if), he can help her understand that there are some situations in which it is best to filter your remarks and that it isn't being dishonest to think before you speak or keep a thought unvoiced. He may also be able to help her see that she can be elegant or ladylike or sophisticated, that it isn't beyond her to embrace qualities/ideas she hasn't yet experienced and that embracing them doesn't mean being untrue to herself. It just means expanding her notion of herself. I think Kendra, if she were being absolutely honest with herself, would admit that she regrets saying she doesn't care about being elegant and that Louis' assessment of the situation was right. That may very well be partially what caused her to break down backstage. I just don't know if she's willing to be that honest yet.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-13-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Did Kirstie really shake her head no when Maks asked if he could kiss her? She must have the self-control of a saint!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Ditto. Anna's one of my fave pros. Bummer that they go over Louis and Kendra.
    I so agree! I've never seen a "star" make so many excuses and talk back to the judges so much. She should have gone. But I knew she wouldn't when Brooke was talking to them backstage and when they announced her name you could hear cheering from the audience. She needs to take lessons in "How to be Classy" from Sugar Ray. I love it when Len called him the heart of the show.

BTW - why wasn't Kendra in the "Lieutenant Len" line up??? Did she have a conflict, or did she just decide she didn't want to do it??

No matter what she does next week, her "fans" will keep her in! (Sorry, karalott!) A more deserving dancer will go home instead.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hey Karalott. I'm glad for you that one of your favorites, Kendra, didn't get eliminated. But it's funny how we all see things so differently. I don't see anything in Kendra that makes me believe that she will miraculously change her attitude or learn to be gracious. She acts like a spoiled, petulant child, and is really disrespectful, especially to Louis. If she turns it around next week and acts more mature and appreciative of the opportunity she has been given, I will be first in line to congratulate her and her new maturity. I'm just not very optimistic that that is going to happen. Like the scorpion said in the story of the scorpion and the frog, you just can't change someone's nature.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom View Post
    . . . BTW - why wasn't Kendra in the "Lieutenant Len" line up??? Did she have a conflict, or did she just decide she didn't want to do it?? . . .
    She was probably at the local drug store, buying supplies for the "hormone" thing she had going on yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread