+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay, I'm going to sound mean, but I just don't enjoy Petra. I know she's nice, good person, had a bad experience and almost died, but I still don't care for her dancing. I don't dislike her, but she's just not for me.

I'm ticked off that Chelsea's partner will not let the girl just dance. What is wrong with him. She could have been dancing, but nooooo, we have to watch him do his special spin. I agreed with Len. I didn't like it all. I would love for the girl to dance.

Why are they scoring Chris so low? I thought he did a great job. What's up?
    I think if Chelsea just parked it on the steps Mark probably wouldn't even notice. The dancing is all about him and his little solos. Makes me wonder what he'll do the week the celeb is supposed to get a 15 second solo if they do that again this season. I look back at Audrina/Tony last season-their first dance, he changed the choreography to something more challenging and even got praise for giving her a solo to showcase her skills. That's how you teach and partner someone. Chelsea's obviously a dancer, so maybe Mark thinks there's no point in showcasing her? I cringe when they get the paso and samba.

I'm with you on Petra. I think she's a doll, but I really thought her dance last night was overscored. No way would I have given it 8s, because it was no where near as a good a paso as the other 3. And though I wasn't digging his waltz, Ralph's dance was also better. I'm wondering if they want her around and she's not pulling in the fan vote

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    What happened to Len? In the beginning, he was bubbly and creating a love fest. Then he got all grumpy and kind of mean. Did he become constipated or something? Geez.
    I think he got tired of Bruno and his theatrics!

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    SO..this is how to get Maks a win...send a then tweener and teeners his pic....ummmmmm.

When Mark takes off his shirt, I'm skeeved. Reminds me of my own teenage boys...But when Maks takes his off....I break out into a sweat. I think I probably drool a lil bit, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It looks like the reason Kirstie lost her shoe was because she was determined that her foot wasn't going to come up and cause a (horrors) "lift" that Carrie Ann would ding her for. She had that toe PLASTERED to the floor, and it was the front of the shoe that came off. The back of the shoe was secured by a strap. Kirstie has been a pleasant surprise, and I love seeing Maks laughing and looking so relaxed.
    Anyone notice that when Ralph/Karina were with Brooke getting their scores, Kirstie was in the background sitting on the bench fiddling around with her shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

When Mark takes off his shirt, I'm skeeved. Reminds me of my own teenage boys...But when Maks takes his off....I break out into a sweat. I think I probably drool a lil bit, too.
    I need a bib when Maks dances....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Loved the classical music and the soprano. Brilliant touch, and it really highlighted the dances.
    Since L & O started back last night, I didn't catch all the dances.
    If SR leaves, I will be extremely disappointed. I've always loved the man and his attitude. And, while he's not the best, that dance was just delightful to watch.
    Louis has never been my favorite pro, but I do think he's one of the best dancers on the show. Kendra's horrible attitude - "I only had 4 days to rehearse it" - and her total disrespect toward Louis as a pro - makes me want to just slap some sense into her. I really dislike stars who react so poorly to judges' comments and diss their partners. Not at all professional.
    I agree that Mark needs to tone down his choreography, but, once again, I did enjoy the dance. And, I happen to really like Chelsea.
    I love Petra and her wonderful attitude,but the dancing was overscored, IMO.
    I thought Romeo did a very good job, as did Chris. Of the 2, I preferred Romeo's.
    I loved watching Ralph and Karina. I've actually enjoyed Karina the past few seasons. They make a lovely pair.
    I missed the others in real time, but caught some online.
    Kirstie needs to talk to Kendra, IMO, about how to present yourself appropriately to an audience. She's not the best dancer, but she has such a great attitude about everything.

Please banish Kendra from the show. Louis shouldn't have to be subject to her, nor should the rest of us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Loved the classical music and the soprano. Brilliant touch, and it really highlighted the dances.
    Since L & O started back last night, I didn't catch all the dances.
    If SR leaves, I will be extremely disappointed. I've always loved the man and his attitude. And, while he's not the best, that dance was just delightful to watch.
    Louis has never been my favorite pro, but I do think he's one of the best dancers on the show. Kendra's horrible attitude - "I only had 4 days to rehearse it" - and her total disrespect toward Louis as a pro - makes me want to just slap some sense into her. I really dislike stars who react so poorly to judges' comments and diss their partners. Not at all professional.
    I agree that Mark needs to tone down his choreography, but, once again, I did enjoy the dance. And, I happen to really like Chelsea.
    I love Petra and her wonderful attitude,but the dancing was overscored, IMO.
    I thought Romeo did a very good job, as did Chris. Of the 2, I preferred Romeo's.
    I loved watching Ralph and Karina. I've actually enjoyed Karina the past few seasons. They make a lovely pair.
    I missed the others in real time, but caught some online.
    Kirstie needs to talk to Kendra, IMO, about how to present yourself appropriately to an audience. She's not the best dancer, but she has such a great attitude about everything.

Please banish Kendra from the show. Louis shouldn't have to be subject to her, nor should the rest of us.
    I am not going to kid you...I was a bit apprehensive about the classical musical. It's not that I am not familiar with classical music as my daughter is a trained classical singer, but I just wasn't sure how classical music was going to work with DWTS. However, I thought it was great!
    Actually, now I am not looking forward to going back from the full orchestra to just our band.
    I particularly enjoyed the mezzo soprano and the violinist. The former added richness, and the latter added color! In fact, he was just fun!

SR may well leave tonight , but if he does, he will leave on a high note. He and Anna were truly delightful in that routine.

Romeo and Chris both did well with their Pasos, but neither had a lot of finesse. I have decided that what really hurt them was the pro couple, complete with fiery outfits to match the bursts of fire, dancing exquisitely to the perfect music before the celebrity couples ever had the chance. How could any of them compare to that example?

Ralph and Karina were lovely in the tragic Romeo and Juliet waltz. They do make a good couple.
    I caught 5TV Clips to Watch on AOL, and one of them was Wendy on her show talking about one of the rag mags hinting about Karina posing in Playboy. Wendy came right out and asked her audience if they thought Karina posing in Playboy would hurt Ralph who was working so hard on the show.
    That is always an unknown. I hope not, but I am sure that is not a factor that Karina took into consideration when she signed the papers about what she wanted to do.

Kendra.....maybe if Kendra makes it tonight she will quit talking about what she doesn't like. I think if she does that, she can actually stay on the show for a few more weeks. I really do think she can dance fairly well. .
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I wonder if the voters' votes will correct what the judge's scores did. Will Chris be rewarded for what I think was a great job? Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I need a bib when Maks dances....
    I will admit the only reason I watch is Maks. I watch their dance the first time just watching his moves and the second time I actually pay attention to his partner.
    I love Kirstie's attitude when she told him the three things - and kept on going. She knows she is the luckiest woman in the competition to be partnered with him.
    She doesn't let mishaps spoil her dance; she picks up and just keeps going. I also enjoy watching Hines - I didn't think any of the non-pro guys would be able to move like that.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Kirsty is not a good enough dancer to make the final 2 on skill but her popularity may put her there. We may have the same situation as we did with Bristol but, in this case, many are in favor of that happening! I know, I know. Some will step forward, cry outrage and be against that happening. I don't take this or any other reality show serious enough to care deeply about the outcome.
    If Kirstie made the finals, I wouldn't equate her with Bristol for several reasons. The biggest reason is, Kirstie is actually a star by the show's real definition; she is a big TV and movie star who doesn't dance. Bristol was the daughter of somebody famous with no public identity of her own other than being the victim of tabloid headlines.

And in terms of what they both bring to the dance floor and the show, no matter what mistakes Kirstie makes, she handles it like a pro, and never forgets to be entertaining above all else. Bristol worked hard, and learned a lot, and had the perseverance to keep going week after week, but she never really grew out of her status as a deer-in-the-headlights victim of her mom's notoriety. She never got out of her own teenage head enough to learn what it means to be a performer.

Kirstie understands what the show is about, so for me it wouldn't be out of step if she ends up in the finals while better technical dancers go home before her. She is no charity case, and she doesn't want anyone's pity.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread