+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

First off, YAY to the format tonight. The music was excellent--the band was far more enjoyable than listening to the "band's" singers murder more contemporary songs (and I also love classical music!).

Second, I have never been a Cheryl fan...I just didnt think she was very geniune or good-natured. Im beginning to think I was either wrong or she has matured because it appears that she is both a good person and coach (I always watch the reactions in the background & she seems completely authentic while rooting on the other contestants, etc...).

On that note, if someone had said "you will be rooting for the Wrestler this season" I would have laughed in their face. But this Chris guy has completely won me over!

Other thoughts:
    -Ralph is really bringing the best out of Karina--she is bringing so much to the table with both her choreography and emotions this season. I have really enjoyed their dances.
    -I am such a big fan of Chelsie (pro) and while I find Romeo a bit "hammy" sometimes I hope they go far. Loved his ridiculously high leap at the end of the paso tonight (so dramatic!).
    -What is up with the amazing contenders they got the season--this is the first time there are really SEVERAL possibilities for the finale!
    -Sugar Ray seems so kind! Anybody catch his gentle tap on Anna's shoulder tonight to remind her to hold up voting fingers--so cute!
    -I love Loius but Kendra grates on the nerves.
    -Anna is a stunning redhead--geez!
    -Im not feeling the Hines/Kym love. I just cant get into them like I have for some of the other contestants!
    -Kirstie makes me laugh--she is the one person who admits her shortcomings instead of making lame excuses or pandering. Tonight the judges mentioned that her posture was garbage and Kirstie immediately agreed--I think I laughed out loud.
    -Unlike Kyle (the last Disney star featured) I just cant get into this Chelsie kid--something just rubs me the wrong way about her (and I suspect its because she seems a bit too full of herself and it started day 1 when her intro featured this opening line "and yes, Ive kissed Joe Jonas and it didn't suck"--so thats WHO YOU ARE?)
    -Why is Mark pushing the choreography so much? I am all for the hip/fun/cool factor and jazzing things up but I am not sure most people could identify their dance this evening as a V.Waltz. I suppose he is trying to imitate Derek but he is getting on my nerves with his constant whinning, snide remarks and excuses/justifications.
    -Cant have a thoughts section without saying Brooke sucks as a co-host. Just cant.

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva View Post
    ok showing my ignorance here..sorry, but what was the song that Kirstie and Max were dancing too?
    It's one of my favorites, but I can never remember the name of it or where it's from. Sorry.

ETA: The Flower Duet from Léo Delibes' Lakmé. (Hooray for Google!)
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-11-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So made it through the first part of performances. I usually skip the judges comments/critiques (all meaningless if you ask me), plus the backstage interviews. I think Romeo definitely got the short end of the stick by going first. This was a huge step forward for him and I'm hoping we get to see many more dances like this in the future. I'd hate to think he's in any danger of going home anytime soon, but sadly I think others either have a bigger fanbase or are more noteworthy for the show to keep around. I knew Len would hate him taking his shirt off, but unlike CA, it doesn't look like he deducted a point for it. I feel like CA goes after lifts because it's the only credible thing she can call out without looking like she doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm in complete agreement if it's an intentional lift on the celebs part (not the pros), fine, deduct for it. But an accident? They have enough pressure to worry about.

Kendra-well, it's hard to defend her, although I can see where she's coming from. I haven't been liking the choreography Louis has been giving her this season, but I won't blame him. I don't know if it's a lack of her not connecting to the dance, or what. Maybe it's just harder than she thought, it's not going how she expected, and she doesn't know what else to do. Her personality is who she is. I don't think she's as bad in real life as her attitude is coming across on the show. It's a high filled pressure situation for everyone, and it's all up to the judges/viewers what happens, and not everyone can handle not being able to control their own fate very well. Others can do just fine, or mask it better. I do think she's a fairly decent dancer, and her heart and mind seem to be in the right place in rehearsals. However, it seems nerves completely take over on the dance floor. I do think she's in danger of going home tomorrow, but if not, unless she really steps it up, she's probably gone in a week or two. I can believe her when she says elegance isn't for her. However, we've seen a lot of people that you'd never expect to transform to a ballroom prince or princess and that's exactly what happened (thinking of Louis's previous partner Kelly here).

SR and Anna are adorable. I love his attitude, and sort of wish Anna had Hines this season as she probably would have finally won. Their dance was cute, but I think simply choreographed so he wouldn't look horrible. Hopefully Anna's back next season and finally wins. She's one of the pros I just want to see take that mirrorball at least once. However, I do think SR is probably also in danger of going home tomorrow. His attitude is what I'd rather see over a so-called better dancer that whines about their youthfulness not being understood or appreciated That said, I think 3 7s was a tad high. I wasn't impressed with Petra. She's a sweetheart, so enjoyable to watch on that front. Dmitry definitely does better with partners more her speed and style than some of the ones he's had in the past. Makes me wonder what he and Jewel would have been like. I don't know if I would have given it 8s.

As for Ralph/Karina-a beautiful waltz, that I'll agree on. I love Ralph, but like Petra, I just wasn't digging this performance. I have no desire to watch Chelsea/Mark, especially since his smug little smirk didn't get wiped off his face. But when everyone was saying wizard hat and Disney, I kept thinking Fantasia, not Harry Potter. Good thing, otherwise Chelsea might have been dressed up like a dancing broom. Cameron/Edyta danced a VW to Hedwig's Theme back in season 5, and probably did more of a VW. Mark needs to lose the ego, lose the attitude, and he could learn a few things about humility from the other pros and couples. They give entertaining routines without bending the rules. If he wants to, fine, just don't whine about the results after the fact. He could also learn a few things about giving an entertaining performance without making it all about you from his BFF Derek. Even if it meant seeing Derek rack up a bunch of mirrorball trophies every other season, I'd gladly take him, his ringers, and the love fest that follows over Mark any day.

Can we do this music every week? I've loved it so far. It beats the off key singing of the singers to Katy Perry songs for a paso doble.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well the re caps are already being posted and just like last week with the fall all everyone wants to talk about is how Kirstie lost her shoe.....we had some great dances tonight and all the reporters care about is a shoe falling off ...gezzzzzzzzzzz
    Yet another parallel with figure skating and tonight's episode. Ninety-five percent of the reporters covering figure skating aren't knowledgeable enough to cover it as a sport, so they stick to yammering on about costumes and "human interest" moments. They'd much rather talk about a skate mishap than try to critique and actual performance, because that's easier. Bet it's the same thing here. The reporters don't know enough about dance to critique the performances, so they're thrilled that Kirstie lost a shoe. If at least one of them doesn't make a Cinderella reference, I'd be highly surprised.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    SR and Anna are adorable. I love his attitude, and sort of wish Anna had Hines this season as she probably would have finally won. Their dance was cute, but I think simply choreographed so he wouldn't look horrible. Hopefully Anna's back next season and finally wins. She's one of the pros I just want to see take that mirrorball at least once. However, I do think SR is probably also in danger of going home tomorrow. His attitude is what I'd rather see over a so-called better dancer that whines about their youthfulness not being understood or appreciated.
    I don't think you're alone here....look at Ty and Chelsie. He was not a great dancer, but made it all the way to 4th place because people loved him and voted for him because he was genuine and sweet. I don't foresee a trophy for him, but he might be around a few more weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Best score of the night?? OVERscored 9/8/9
    How crazy was that!!!!!!!!!! Mark did all the dancing. His partner wasn't bad but of course the pro can dance.. Just ticks me off the judges just love Mark and Derek most of the time they can do no wrong.

Romeo and Chelsie got robbed big time. Romeo held his own and should have gotten higher scores then that.

Sure looked like to me that at one point Kim's feet were off of the floor and not one word from CA.

Of course I know that this show is not about the best dancer it is who they want to win. I learned that a long time ago.

I am trying to not care who does what.

I just love the interaction between Romeo and Chelsie. I think they like each other and it is so cute.

He is always trying to impress her.
    Last edited by peacemar33; 04-12-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: spelling

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I've never been a fan of classical music but I really liked it in the show. The music was so much more appropriate for the dances and therefore the performances were better. It added to the experience and no one had a bad dance so I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

I will agree with others who said Hines and Chris were robbed as those were the two best dances of the night for me. What's up with Len saying the things he did about Chelsea and Mark's dance and then rewarding them for it? All that will do is cause Mark to continue breaking the rules all the while giving Len a big F U. Sugar is probably in trouble tomorrow but I do hope that it's Kendra who goes home, she is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I've never been a fan of classical music but I really liked it in the show. The music was so much more appropriate for the dances and therefore the performances were better. It added to the experience and no one had a bad dance so I thoroughly enjoyed the show.

I will agree with others who said Hines and Chris were robbed as those were the two best dances of the night for me. What's up with Len saying the things he did about Chelsea and Mark's dance and then rewarding them for it? All that will do is cause Mark to continue breaking the rules all the while giving Len a big F U. Sugar is probably in trouble tomorrow but I do hope that it's Kendra who goes home, she is really annoying.
    personally I would LOVE to see the bigger band each week...it brought so much more to the music and it sounded sooooooooooo much better
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm worried there will be a surprise elimination, probably someone who is not as well known as the others. The lowest scorer -Kendra - won't go home because she has so many fans. I'm not one of them.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I made it through the rest of the dances, and saying Hines and Chris were robbed doesn't even come close. If any dance deserved to take the top spot tonight and get either all 9s or at least 1 10, it was those 2. That was highway robbery at its worst. I'll cry if Chelsea/Mark get the encore tomorrow. I didn't even watch their dance, but I can't believe it was any better or equal to those.

I do agree that giving Mark a bashing but still giving him high scores will just feed his ego and deep down encourage him to keep pulling those same stunts. I'd like to see another pro try it and see if they get called out on it. They'd have a pretty good argument. I'm still hoping it's a one time thing that Chelsea/Mark took the top spot they think they so highly deserve. I think most of my dislike, if not my entire dislike of Chelsea, comes strictly from Mark. Mark will probably do a traditional routine next week, then just keep alternating. I wouldn't be too surprised if they make them stand "in jeopardy" tomorrow, but I won't even get my hopes up. Kirstie's dance was an enjoyment, but what luck she and Maks are having. However, in comparision to other couples who've complained and cried about injuries and mishaps, it's great she and Maks can laugh about it and stay focused and strong. If Chelsea/Mark left tomorrow, I'd be enjoying this season 100x more. But so far, I'm loving it. There's really nothing not to love. I hope the judges tone down their antics, their lift policing, and their girl/boy crushes and judge more fairly.

I don't think you're alone here....look at Ty and Chelsie. He was not a great dancer, but made it all the way to 4th place because people loved him and voted for him because he was genuine and sweet. I don't foresee a trophy for him, but he might be around a few more weeks!
    If SR leaves, it'll probably definitely be a heart felt elimination. As a dancer, he's really not that bad, for being a boxer. Compared to Evander Holyfield or Floyd Meywether who did the show previously (and apparently Floyd was something else behind the scenes). I think even though his time is probably coming, his presence will be missed. Much like Ty, who I had heard only did the show for Jewel, he's really trying, and Anna's coming up with some great routines, even if they aren't dance heavy, to make him look good and trying to work on his strengths. He's definitely got the charm and personality to make you want to root for him even if he made Wendy's dancing look good. I do think it'll be between him and Kendra tomorrow. In the end, Kendra will probably have the fans to pull her through another week. I'll probably be the only one happy about that, even though I didn't vote for her (my votes all went to Romeo). But I'd hate to lose SR. Aside from 1 couple left, I'll hate losing anyone else.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-12-2011 at 12:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread