+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dance Troupe

The Dance Troupe

Oksana Dmytrenko, 22, Ukraine, known for Ballroom and Latin

Peta Murgatroyd, 24, New Zealand, known for flexibility

Christopher "Kiki" Nyemchek, 19, known for funky style

Tristan MacMahon, 28, Ireland, known for musical theatre

Ted Volynets, 21, coached by Maks and Val since age 11, senior at NYU in economics, left school before graduating to join troupe

Nicole Volynets, 23, coached by Maks since age 14, known for costumes and choreography
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: The Dance Troupe

I like these guys. Some of the pros say it's a nice break for them not having to have so many pro numbers to rehearse for, even though I love seeing my pros. I had hoped Peta would join the cast as a regular pro. I enjoyed watching her last season with Damian in the pro performances. Hopefully they're both included on the pro line up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom View Post
    Oksana Dmytrenko, 22, Ukraine, known for Ballroom and Latin

Peta Murgatroyd, 24, New Zealand, known for flexibility

Christopher "Kiki" Nyemchek, 19, known for funky style

Tristan MacMahon, 28, Ireland, known for musical theatre

Ted Volynets, 21, coached by Maks and Val since age 11, senior at NYU in economics, left school before graduating to join troupe

Nicole Volynets, 23, coached by Maks since age 14, known for costumes and choreography
    Wait a second! Ted isn't finishing his degree? I hope there's more to the story; when you are thatclose to earning a college degree from respectable university, you get the darn degree.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Wait a second! Ted isn't finishing his degree? I hope there's more to the story; when you are thatclose to earning a college degree from respectable university, you get the darn degree.
    Apparently in an interview he said he had to leave school to do this. I would guess he has one semester left, and I hope he can eventually work things out to finish. If I were in his situation, (and I can't believe I'm saying this as a college instructor!), I would probably do the same thing. If he turned this down, would he get another chance? Our next Bachelorette Ashley has done the same thing. The thing is - a lot of kids who say they'll go back and finish never do. Once they're out and doing something else, their focus has changed. As a graduate student in dentistry, I'm sure Ashley will eventually finish her program. But for undergraduates, it's a little easier to stay away.

Can you imagine how proud Maks is? He's been working with these last two since they were children!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Maks had some younger students of his way back in the early seasons that performed on some of the result shows. Given how passionate Maks seems to be about anything in life, I'm sure seeing the ballroom world evolve and gain more interest, plus seeing his students get greater exposure as a result, probably would make anyone proud

I do hope Ted goes back and finishes his degree, because that will open doors for him if dancing comes to a dead end. However, I can't say I blame him, either. DWTS is a smash hit that reaches a huge audience. I think it's the #2 show, beaten only by Idol, and in the fall tends to be #1. Who wouldn't want to take the opporunity to see what comes of it? It'd be interesting to see where some of the pros would be if DWTS hadn't come along. I believe nearly all the pros were in their early to mid 20s when they joined the show, and many joined back within the first 3 seasons. I believe Karina was planning on becoming a lawyer. Edyta's balancing college and her other dance projects.

I wonder if this dance troupe is a 1 season deal, or if they'll bring in brand new dancers next season if they bring it back.

Does anyone know if Peta still dates Dmitry Whitewood from Season 10?

Last I heard, they are still dating. I'd love to see Damian return next season, and maybe Peta added as a regular pro. I still wonder if that's the point of the dance troupe, though I must admit I don't feel like they're getting much attention. It's no different than when DWTS recruits other ballroom pros to come on and dance. And last week, they had 4 other pros that weren't part of the troupe dancing to Jennifer Hudson (Damian included).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Last I heard, they are still dating. I'd love to see Damian return next season, and maybe Peta added as a regular pro. I still wonder if that's the point of the dance troupe, though I must admit I don't feel like they're getting much attention. It's no different than when DWTS recruits other ballroom pros to come on and dance. And last week, they had 4 other pros that weren't part of the troupe dancing to Jennifer Hudson (Damian included).
    Yeah, I don't really know about Peta and Dmitry.

As for the Troupe's purpose, from the way Maks talked about it when he injured his thigh, it seems that they are next-in-line pros: the 2nd generation. As much as I understand that the show wants young, fresh talent, it's unfortunate if any of these kids replace other older pros who still want to dance. If they replace Derek, Mark, or Maks when they want to move on to other career goals, that's fine.

The troupe kids' Twitters aren't skyrocketing with fans, so I think the show needs to give them more attention if they do indeed plan on integrating them into the core.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Yeah, I don't really know about Peta and Dmitry.

As for the Troupe's purpose, from the way Maks talked about it when he injured his thigh, it seems that they are next-in-line pros: the 2nd generation. As much as I understand that the show wants young, fresh talent, it's unfortunate if any of these kids replace other older pros who still want to dance. If they replace Derek, Mark, or Maks when they want to move on to other career goals, that's fine.

The troupe kids' Twitters aren't skyrocketing with fans, so I think the show needs to give them more attention if they do indeed plan on integrating them into the core.
    I do think if we see new pros added they will be younger. I know Corky's an exception but he's a Ballas, and for whatever reason the show feels the need to bring him on when they have older women (I still can't believe Florence requested him). From what I've read elsewhere, a lot of people are underwhelmed by the troupe. Of course, some people just want our pros and may not be willing to give anyone else a chance. If those does take some pressure off our pros to not have to perform in every pro dance, I think that's a good thing (less chance for injury). Louis, Tony, and Kym are the ones I worry could be on the chopping block to get replaced, as I believe they're the two oldest pros in the line up (although it's not like they're old; Tony and Kym are in their 30s, Louis I think in his early 40s). Maks I think has enough of a fan base and credibility in terms of production value to keep around. Karina could probably be cut loose. I wish the show would stop trying to dig a hole for itself and aim for the younger demographic. If they haven't gotten it yet, they aren't going to. Even forcing Mark and Disney stars into the winners circle and having on ousted AI castoffs.

Do you have their twitter account names? Is it on the mother board? I would be willing to follow them.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast