+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Result Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 4/5 Result Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Um, Wendy? You're supposed to dance with Tony, not greet the crowd like you're Queen Elizabeth.

Can't say I'll miss her terribly.
    I didn't expect Chris to be there with Wendy..In no way do I buiy he was in the bottom 2..I really thought they would put Kristie there with Wendy to create doubt because of the fall

They sent the right person home tonight..or shall I say we the viewers did
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Kendra kinda gets on my nerves. Making fun of Louis last night and just her whole entitled attitude there at the end. And she's not half as good a dancer as I thought she'd be....
    I'm with you. There is something really off-putting about her attitude and demeanor. She acts like she is so much better than she is.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    During the season of Skating With the Stars, many of us agreed that they needed to replace Brooke with Tanith Belbin. She was terrific doing a job that Brooke does really badly.
    Yes, please! Tanith was fantastic as a co-host. I wish she had hosted the show on her own without Vernon Kay -- that's how good she was.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

At this point, I think it's safe to say anyone and anything can do a better job than Brooke. She's gotten worse every season. If she's being fed the lines, or winging it, whatever it is, she stinks. I don't think she'd know what to do if something akward ever happened and she needed to fill the gap. We could have a Marie Osmond fainting happen in the celeb-quarium, and I still feel like she wouldn't miss a beat and ask the pro "so how did you take the judges comments?" I think Tom was trying to make light of Maks/Kirstie's interview when he got that dig in. One of these days, some celeb is going to turn the tables on her and put her in her place by giving her an interview she can't control. She really serves no purpose. I'd love to see former pros come in, maybe even ousted pros rotate out as they get eliminated. They often times take up doing commentary for the entertainment shows and websites. Drew Lachey was great when he subbed for Samantha. Miss Piggy was fantastic during her season 9 bit. If they want someone to not take away from Tom, I think they could still do that but find someone better. She's just painful. And just unaware of everything going on around her.

I didn't get a chance to watch Kimmel tonight to see Wendy's interview. I guess it's probably the best she was ousted tonight. Not only because her dancing was beyond worse than anyone left (and this is the first time in a long time the worst dancers were the first to go), but I don't think her ego could handle it. The show didn't even try to pretend when they put Chris/Cheryl in the fake bottom 2.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-06-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Lacey and Dmitry had an awesome dance tonight during One Republic's performance. I loved it. I wish they could free dance like that more often even though I know this isn't SYTYCD.

The right person was eliminated tonight, but the way Kendra acted when they told her she was safe was off putting and snobby.

At this point, I think it's safe to say anyone and anything can do a better job than Brooke. She's gotten worse every season. If she's being fed the lines, or winging it, whatever it is, she stinks. I don't think she'd know what to do if something akward ever happened and she needed to fill the gap. We could have a Marie Osmond fainting happen in the celeb-quarium, and I still feel like she wouldn't miss a beat and ask the pro "so how did you take the judges comments?" I think Tom was trying to make light of Maks/Kirstie's interview when he got that dig in. One of these days, some celeb is going to turn the tables on her and put her in her place by giving her an interview she can't control. She really serves no purpose. I'd love to see former pros come in, maybe even ousted pros rotate out as they get eliminated. They often times take up doing commentary for the entertainment shows and websites. Drew Lachey was great when he subbed for Samantha. Miss Piggy was fantastic during her season 9 bit. If they want someone to not take away from Tom, I think they could still do that but find someone better. She's just painful. And just unaware of everything going on around her.

I agree with every word you said and share your opinions about Brooke as a co-host. She has got to go next season. When is her contract up?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

I love Maks & Kirstie's exchange in the Kiss & Cry, where Maks said as long as he was going down he was going to pull her down with him.
    That totally cracked me up! Out of all the stars and pro's this year...Maks and Kirstie seem to be having the MOST fun. I thought it was an odd pairing when I heard but after watching them....it's actually pretty perfect.

I like Melissa Rycroft, but she co-hosted the Bachelor Pad and she was very bland. I don't think she's the girl for the job. In fact, I have to go with whomever said up there ^^^^ that Drew should come back and do it. He was very charismatic and humorous without being mean. Him and Tom fed well off of each other. They need someone with a sense of humor...Brooke and Samantha seem to not have that quality.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think it would be best to have someone with a dance background in Brooke's position who would have a clue what kind of questions to ask and could also perhaps even educate the audience on what went wrong or understand what to ask them as it relates to the dance not "feelings". Honestly, preening for two hours and asking the same lame questions is just getting hard to watch. I have to mute her it's so painfully embarrassing for her, I feel bad for her. I can't understand why DWTS hired her. It's just sort of insane. Although I like Drew L. I don't think having two men would be any fun. It's exciting to see the dresses and couple pairing of a male female host/hostess as each brings a gender viewpoint to compliment the other. I thought it seemed weird when the two were men, no matter who they are. That does not work for me, I understand the love for Drew but that is just too weird and it puts Tom in a lesser light. I hope they don't go that route even though I really like Drew.

I did watch Kimmel and it was just as painful as you might imagine. There was no humility, no understanding of the reason for being eliminated and a certain indignation at the whole thing. She didn't give Tony a chance to say much if anything and it was just sort of an extension of her exit from the show earlier as far as attitude goes. She really is quite in her own little world. Enter at your own risk, lol, people who are devoid of rationality are scary. I used to give her the benefit of the doubt thinking her routine of the most beautiful diva on earth was just her act but now I'm not so sure. Somehow it seems kind of sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    During the season of Skating With the Stars, many of us agreed that they needed to replace Brooke with Tanith Belbin. She was terrific doing a job that Brooke does really badly.
    Here Here! I'd make that change in a fraction of a second - no contest. Unfortunately I think Tanith is otherwise occupied touring with Stars on Ice and other obligations.

As far as the season goes - I'm glad Wendy went tonight. She was definitely the worst one left out there. I feel sorry for Tony because he is a real trooper and deserves a better partner. It will get interesting now because I think there are several celebs on the bubble to go next. One bad performance could cost them.

I am excited for classical week next week. Katherine Jenkins is a wonderful singer as well as a stunning girl. She appeared on the British version of the show and was wonderful. I would think that Petra will do well with classical music because of her long graceful lines. Sugar Ray could have trouble.

FORT Fogey

Tony got Kate last season and now Wendy. I would be asking some questions if I were Tony!

No one knows how production matches the couples including the pros. Joy Behar asked Cheryl and her answer read as genuine when she replied, good question, we would all like to know.

Cheryl and Mak seem to be leading in popularity and get better picks. Where is Edyta? I love that woman. There must have been some reason she could not participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I think it would be best to have someone with a dance background in Brooke's position who would have a clue what kind of questions to ask and could also perhaps even educate the audience on what went wrong or understand what to ask them as it relates to the dance not "feelings". Honestly, preening for two hours and asking the same lame questions is just getting hard to watch. I have to mute her it's so painfully embarrassing for her, I feel bad for her. I can't understand why DWTS hired her. It's just sort of insane. Although I like Drew L. I don't think having two men would be any fun. It's exciting to see the dresses and couple pairing of a male female host/hostess as each brings a gender viewpoint to compliment the other. I thought it seemed weird when the two were men, no matter who they are. That does not work for me, I understand the love for Drew but that is just too weird and it puts Tom in a lesser light. I hope they don't go that route even though I really like Drew.

I did watch Kimmel and it was just as painful as you might imagine. There was no humility, no understanding of the reason for being eliminated and a certain indignation at the whole thing. She didn't give Tony a chance to say much if anything and it was just sort of an extension of her exit from the show earlier as far as attitude goes. She really is quite in her own little world. Enter at your own risk, lol, people who are devoid of rationality are scary. I used to give her the benefit of the doubt thinking her routine of the most beautiful diva on earth was just her act but now I'm not so sure. Somehow it seems kind of sad...
    I haven't seen Kimmel yet, but on her show this morning, Wendy had Tony on and did thank him, as well as give him and his wife a trip to the Virgin Islands. She is, however, still in delusionland about her "low scores", which isn't being helped by Tony (and her guest on today's show, Kathy Ireland-also a Tony partner and an early boot) continuing to tell her she was "robbed". Perhaps in time, she will be able to admit to herself that she really was terrible on the show, and didn't deserve to stay any longer than she did. To wit, I saw Kate Gosselin last night on Joy Behar's show and she acknowledged that she was probably the worst dancer to ever appear on DWTS, so maybe once Wendy herself has had some distance and gained some perspective on the whole experience, she will see things more objectively.

On another note, my Kirstie-love grew when she mocked Brooke and her ridiculous questions about the fall (how many more times are we going to see the footage of that?) with her "spaced out" response to her- "you're so pretty, Brooke". Maks was also cracking up. The chemistry between them is priceless.

+ Reply to Thread