+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/4 DWTS12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wendy Williams needs to go. She has no grace at all. This is a really great season. I even have my rocker hubby watching and actually enjoying it. lol

Chris Jericho is supposed to be on That Metal Show this weekend on VH1 Classic. They will probably give him hell for being on but I loved his story last night. Especially seeing his mom's picture near the record player. So sweet.

I was not feeling Ralph last night. Not sure why. I want him to do so well and last night was just not that great.

My fav was Petra. It was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    In a dance competition, I think a fall is a BIG deal. Why is everyone saying it's not? I know everyone LOVES Kirstie Alley, but a fall is a fall. Her scores should have reflected that.
    The star is the one that gets the score... not the professional. Maks is the one that fell.... why should Kirstie lose points for that??
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

The stars are always judged as a team.
    Just like stars are faulted when their pro's choreography does them a disservice.
    It's been that way since Day 1.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

In a dance competition, I think a fall is a BIG deal. Why is everyone saying it's not? I know everyone LOVES Kirstie Alley, but a fall is a fall. Her scores should have reflected that.

Max fell, not Kirstie, plus it's an amateur competion, not a professional one. Judges take that into consideration and because these are amateurs, the judges probbaly are looking at how well someone recovers from such a big mistake-and they did recover well.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

How do you know they didn't? If you watched the routine after the fall, Kirstie's arm and hip movements were pretty on point, and superior to Ralph's, Chris' or Romeo's, and I suspect she would have scored all 8's without the fall, in which case, she WAS penalized for it.

And actually, her scores were lowered due to the fall. I thought she deserved major credit for her poise in that situation - which Maks declared was his fault.

I didn't start out this season as a Kirstie fan - in fact I was NOT HAPPY that Maks was to be her partner. She has won me over with her hard work, willingness to try and her making dancing look much easier that many smaller people. Plus the chemistry I see between her and Maks is refreshing. Not a "showmance," just a genuine enjoyment, love and respect. I like that. And I hope they're on for a very good while to come.

FORT Fogey

The fall had nothing to do with Kirsty or her skill. It was Mak who fell and took her down.

The same thing happens when a contestant gets a low score because the judges didn't like the choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    ABC was running a clip of a news report where there's an issue with Wendy on her talk show? Why would ABC air this during DWTS? Even if she makes it past tonite's elimination, will this not hinder her popularity going forward? Or does ABC want her eliminated?

I think Wendy would have been eliminated regardless of this clip about a conflict with her show. However, I am curious did you ever find out what the issue is between Wendy and her show? Is it a contract dispute or something else?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread