Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 DWTS12 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Fair enough.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    not surprised that Wendy is safe although super disappointed about that. I read that she had a radio DJ job before her show that had like 27 million listeners so she has a huge fan base from that and plus her show.
    Wow, I had no idea that her fan base was that huge. I was kind of wondering why she wasn't toning down her diva attitude and acting more gracious and humble like the MUCH BETTER DANCERS are, in order to court more votes from viewers, but if she figures her multitudes of fans will keep her around despite the anemic dancing, it's not as surprising. As someone who has watched her show and generally enjoys her shtick, I don't think she came across very likable at all last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    Someone explain to me why Charlie Sheen can do all that he has done, e.g. drugs, alcohol, was physical with his wife, trashed his hotel room and yet he is being treated like an idol. Chris Brown, who physically hit his girlfriend, some 2-3 years ago, has paid for his mistakes, gets to be treated as if he were a thug.
    Why would Robin Roberts even feel the need to go there?.

Moderators, if there is some other place I should post this please move.
    Charlie Sheen shouldn't get a forum either. Chris Brown's latest "mistake" was a few days ago. I just fast forwarded past him last night and I choose not to watch Charlie. That is the consumer's way of dealing with guys that are like that. Again, we need to quit coddling celebs because they are celebs. Also CB didn't get prison time for Rihanna, so I don't see how anyone can say he served his time.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I used my remote when Chris Brown came on and I would have done the same if it had been Charlie Sheen or Mel Gibson. Talent does not outweigh violent, criminal behavior and/or hate speech for me.

I did read several days ago that Cheryl, as a victim of abuse both in her childhood and adulthood, did express her distaste over the appearance of Chris Brown.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that her fan base was that huge. I was kind of wondering why she wasn't toning down her diva attitude and acting more gracious and humble like the MUCH BETTER DANCERS are, in order to court more votes from viewers, but if she figures her multitudes of fans will keep her around despite the anemic dancing, it's not as surprising. As someone who has watched her show and generally enjoys her shtick, I don't think she came across very likable at all last night.
    I kind of like her spunk so the attitude doesn't bother me. What bothers me about her is that she can't dance. I do think she will be around more than I want her to, but the others (other than Sugar Ray) have equally large if not larger fan bases and level of celebrity or notoriety so I am hoping she goes home third. With this show, though, you never know.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I used my remote when Chris Brown came on and I would have done the same if it had been Charlie Sheen or Mel Gibson. Talent does not outweigh violent, criminal behavior and/or hate speech for me.

I did read several days ago that Cheryl, as a victim of abuse both in her childhood and adulthood, did express her distaste over the appearance of Chris Brown.
    I totally agree with this 100% and you said what I was trying to get at, only better.

Hurray for Cheryl, speaking out!

Those spoiled, arrogant show biz people such as Chris Brown and others (who turn out to have criminal pasts) should be ignored all together by the producers. Why not employ entertainers who need the exposure that are law abiders and respectful of other people! Is this too much to ask? We don't need to see the drama of the jerks!
    Please ABC wake up!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    Charlie Sheen shouldn't get a forum either. Chris Brown's latest "mistake" was a few days ago. I just fast forwarded past him last night and I choose not to watch Charlie. That is the consumer's way of dealing with guys that are like that. Again, we need to quit coddling celebs because they are celebs. Also CB didn't get prison time for Rihanna, so I don't see how anyone can say he served his time.
    I am not defending Chris Brown's actions, as I find them deplorable. No he didn't serve jail time, but that wasn't part of his sentence. His punishment was typical for any first time offender. In that sense, he was treated just like anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I am not defending Chris Brown's actions, as I find them deplorable. No he didn't serve jail time, but that wasn't part of his sentence. His punishment was typical for any first time offender. In that sense, he was treated just like anybody else.
    Not all first time domestic assault gets probation. In my county they usually get prison time.

The thing about Chris Brown that, I think, bugs many of us is that it wasn't just an issue of his violence towards Rihanna for which he has been punished.
    His recent tantrum and destructive behavior at GMA tells us that he has anger and control issues he has yet to overcome. I wouldn't have a problem with any celebrity saying, "You know, this question is inappropriate and out of line and I won't answer." Or even walking off the set if things didn't go as agreed upon. The fact that he resorts to violence shows that he is still in the same mindset and anyone who made him angry enough would be in danger.

+ Reply to Thread