+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 3/21 DWTS 12 Premiere Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Chelsea & Mark - nice pairing. They did very well, although I thought it wasn't totally coherent, and the props were distracting.

Wendy & Tony - a whole lot of nothing She didn't show her personality enough, and Tony was dancing around here the entire time.

What the heck is Brooke wearing?

Hines & Kym - I love Kym, she is my fav female pro, but I hate that dress. Speaking of dresses, I miss Edyta! Really wish she were back. OMG, I loved their dance! Hines has great hip action and he's light on his feet. Love his dimples and he seems to have a fun-loving personality. Looks like he will be a good risk-taker.

Petra & Dmitry - very pretty girl, love her smile. Her intro made me cry. Dmitry - yum! I liked their dance - very graceful and elegant and sweet.

Carrie Ann - ugh, she is obnoxious.

Good to see Kyle (Schmurgles) in the audience.

Romeo & Chelsie - Their dance was OK. I think he has potential. Chelsie is a good teacher.

Sugar Ray & Anna - Anna is another of my favs, but her hair and dress are a bit over the top tonight. I like these two, but their dance was mediocre, I thought. I think he can do it, but he needs to work and listen to Anna.

Bruno: "Call me Daphne"

Kendra & Louis - Not sure how I feel about her. I'm not a fan of these Girls Next Door "stars", they kind of ick me out, but she seems like fun and I wasn't offended by her remarks. I liked their dance, thought it was fast and fun.

Ralph & Karina - wow, impressive! Enjoyed their dance a lot. Very smooth, elegant, crowd-pleasing dance.

Chris & Cheryl - that dress is a monstrosity. OK, not the worst dance I've ever seen, but too light on content and too heavy on gimmicks. I think they were overscored.

Mike & Lacey - Lacey's hair is distracting, she needs to go back to brunette. Mike is stiff, but I give him credit for trying.

Kirstie & Maks - love them! She did really well, and I think she'll continue to improve.

Can I say what a relief this season is, after the last few with all the controversial/ringer/gimmicky contestants? I almost swore off this show after last season, but I think I'm really going to enjoy this season.

My top 3 for the evening: Hines, Ralph, and Kirstie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The show averaged around 23 million viewers last night, and I believe I read won the key demos (or did very well in them). So hopefully the ratings stay on track, maybe even increase with news of how well Kirstie and Ralph did, and this will show the producers that they don't need someone overly controversial or plucked from the gutter of the tabloids for good TV. Of course, Chris Brown was supposed to perform next week on the results show. If they want controversy bad enough after his outburst at GMA, I guess he might still be on.

Petra did a lot better than I thought she would. But Dmitry is so flipping BORING. I forgot about them, even typing this post. I counted the contestants and was like, who am I missing?? I hope they can shine, because I think she is awesome as a person. I'd like to see her be able to enjoy this experience and get a lot out of it.
    After 2 seasons of being MIA I have to wonder if he only got an invite back because he's tall enough to partner Petra. I didn't miss Dmitry when he was gone, and I forgot all about him last night. He's a nice enough guy, but dull. I know he's probably excited being back, but if they go out early (which I think will happen), he may be sitting season 13 out again as well. Most of his routines with Holly and Mya were forgettable as well.

My favorite three at this time are, as with most here, Ralph, Kirstie, and Hines. I truly hope that Ralph and Kirstie's bodies will hold up to the strain as the show progresses. Based on last night alone, I would love to see these three in the finals.

My compliments to Karina. I've never liked her, but her choreography last night was spot on. That was a true foxtrot as Kelly or Astaire or O'Connor would have danced it in the old movies.

Kym is a great partner for Hines and his million dollar style. I think she'll help him develop as the show progresses. I'm never surprised when the NFLers do well. They have the work ethic, the determination to succeed, and many of them are instructor to take ballet class to improve both footwork and endurance.

Kirstie really surprised me, although I think she does take things seriously once she commits. Maks is a good partner for her and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Chris was awkward, but this is a first show. If anyone can bring him along, it's Cheryl. I hope he's around for a while. Chelsea also shows promise, but she'll have to put the work in. So does Romeo, but he'll have to get over his discomfort with appearing to be less than what he considers masculine.

The rest of them need a lot of work and time will show who can progress. I would pick Wendy to go first and Mark next unless Lacey can get him past the clumsiness and stiffness. Unfortunately, I think Petra's physical problems will put limits on her flexibility.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    My favorite three at this time are, as with most here, Ralph, Kirstie, and Hines. I truly hope that Ralph and Kirstie's bodies will hold up to the strain as the show progresses. Based on last night alone, I would love to see these three in the finals.

My compliments to Karina. I've never liked her, but her choreography last night was spot on. That was a true foxtrot as Kelly or Astaire or O'Connor would have danced it in the old movies.

Kym is a great partner for Hines and his million dollar style. I think she'll help him develop as the show progresses. I'm never surprised when the NFLers do well. They have the work ethic, the determination to succeed, and many of them are instructor to take ballet class to improve both footwork and endurance.

Kirstie really surprised me, although I think she does take things seriously once she commits. Maks is a good partner for her and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Chris was awkward, but this is a first show. If anyone can bring him along, it's Cheryl. I hope he's around for a while. Chelsea also shows promise, but she'll have to put the work in. So does Romeo, but he'll have to get over his discomfort with appearing to be less than what he considers masculine.

The rest of them need a lot of work and time will show who can progress. I would pick Wendy to go first and Mark next unless Lacey can get him past the clumsiness and stiffness. Unfortunately, I think Petra's physical problems will put limits on her flexibility.
    Re: Chris Jericho--- if he is still anything like he was when he was on Celebrity Duets ( another reality show a few years back in which he got booted from early due to arrogance), his arrogance is going to do him in by week 5 I think. JMO. I'm not sure that putting him with Cheryl was a great idea but I'm hoping she can get him to tone it down a notch as well as improving his dancing.

While I think Wendy was awkward we have to remember fears will overwhelm a person especially first night. That said, I think she'll probably lose her fear and natural confidence will come back. I can't wait to see what Tony will have her do with a few week's worth of training.

Mike- Another one I think will be leaving soon. Not because of his dancing which is good for his first time out but I think like Chris, his arrogance might do him in.

My top 3 for the night were- Kirstie/Maks Ralph/Karina and while Wendy is raw, I think she'll end up being a personal favorite later.

Some surprises- Lil Romeo was much better than I thought he'd be.
    I had to laugh thou at why the camera crew would want to focus on the guy sleeping behind bruno.. LOL

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    After watching last night these are my predictions based on talent and possible size of voting base, these change throughout the season when we get a feel of how the voting bases control the eliminations:

Tier 1: (these are they who have quarterfinal, semifinal and finale potential)
    Chelsea/Mark (young, talented, Disney Channel tween voting base who has produced several finalists); Hines/Kym (Athletic, focused, large NFL voting base); Ralph/Karina (judges really loved them); Kirstie/Maks (consumate professional entertainer, surprisingly good, and Maks is very popular) and Kendra/Louis (young, energetic, potential, Louis is past due for good run.)

Tier 2: (these are they who will stay a little bit, but will leave prior to the final weeks of competition)
    Romeo/Chelsie (energetic, but lack the "it" factor that makes teams special, R&B/Rap has yet to really yield a winner); Chris/Cheryl (doing okay, but lack great polish, wrestling yields some very loyal ans which is why I have him in this tier rather than the bottom one); Petra/Dmitri (Petra is beutiful and has the sympathy vote, but must develop more core strength to really get into the top tier of dancers.)

Tier 3: (these are they who will probably go home early) Wendy/Tony (lack of overwhelming talent, she has some voting base, but will split comedy votes with Kirstie who is a way better dancer which will eliminate her much sooner); Mike/Lacey (probably first to get boot, lack talent and any entertainment experience and he isn't very well known outside of Dr Drew audience) ; Sugar Ray/Anna (hasn't been in the limelight in a while and really looks stiff and stilted. He isn't as limber as Anna's last few athlete partners and will leave competition much sooner.)

Excellent Post!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Some people are missing Derek.

I thought Mark's over-the-top choreography was his way of re-establishing his own presence in the vacuum left by Derek. I don't think it quite worked out that way, other than Len calling him out for non-traditional steps, much like he does with Derek.

I honestly did not think about Derek missing once last night. It will be interesting if the pros are able to choreograph dances that are anywhere near as creative as the ones Derek has put together in previous seasons.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I honestly did not think about Derek missing once last night. It will be interesting if the pros are able to choreograph dances that are anywhere near as creative as the ones Derek has put together in previous seasons.
    I missed Derek, he's always been my favorite and such a talented choreographer. He was a joy to watch dance for me. Not a fan of Dimitry. Too bad Petra got him for a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingInCircles View Post

What the heck is Brooke wearing?
    My wife and I were commenting all night long on the wart the dressmakers put on her hip. You could tell she was trying to avoid the sill thing. I'm surprised she didn't just rip it off.

I normally like looking at Brooke - with the sound muted.

FORT Fogey

This is such a fun season already! Everyone wants to be there, and they are all stepping up to the challenge. I'm not necessarily familiar with each dancer, but there is something to like about each one. My early favs are: Hines/Kym, Petra/Dmitri, Ralph/Karina, and Kirstie/Maks.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    My wife and I were commenting all night long on the wart the dressmakers put on her hip. You could tell she was trying to avoid the sill thing. I'm surprised she didn't just rip it off.

I normally like looking at Brooke - with the sound muted.
    She couldn't rip it off because that side of her dress was ruched up into it. Take it off and the skirt falls apart. I hated it even knowing it is fashion forward, but I loved the fitted sweetheart top.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread