+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Chelsea Kane
    "The Disney Dream Girl"

Pro: Mark Ballas

Chelsea Kane is a versatile young actress/musician who can be seen and heard in so many different ways these days. She currently stars in the web series The Homes on Lockerz.com. Chelsea is also the voice of Bea in Disney Channel's hit animated comedy series Fish Hooks. She also played Stella Malone, the longtime friend and style guru to the Lucas brothers in the Disney Channel comedy series Jonas, where you may have seen her credited as Chelsea Staub.

This fabulous Phoenix native has been acting professionally since the age of nine. Chelsea landed her first role as Young Kim in the national Broadway tour of Showboat and went on to star in productions of Peter Pan, The Wiz, Cinderella, Oliver, Annie, Titanic, The Sound of Music, Schoolhouse Rock, A Christmas Carol and The Secret Garden, among others. But wait! There's more!

Chelsea starred in the Disney Channel original movies Minutemen and Starstruck and guest-starred on Disney Channel's hit series Wizards of Waverly Place. Other guest credits include roles on Cracking Up, Summerland, Listen Up and The Bill Engvall Show.

On the big screen, Chelsea landed her first role in the family film Arizona Summer. That only seems fitting since, as we mentioned earlier, she was born in Phoenix. Chelsea also had a starring role in the motion picture Bratz.

During her free time, Chelsea enjoys hitting the concert circuit with her Polaroid camera and her favorite musician friends. Maybe we'll see some of them in ballroom cheering Chelsea on as she takes to the stage on Dancing With The Stars!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

I don't like Mark, so that's reason enough I hope they don't win. That said, I expect them to do very well. She seems to have a decent size fanbase, and Mark is very popular. Unless he suffers the same fate he had with his other Disney partner, and goes out in a shocking elimination.

I'm not a fan of Mark either. However, if Chelsea & Mark prove themselves to be the best dancers out there, then I will ignore my personal feelings about Mark and vote for them.

FORT Fogey

Since Mark's already won twice, I'd just as soon see another pro win--and if it's obvious from day one that he's been given a ringer, I'm not going to be a happy camper. Even though he's had a fairer share of not terrific partners than Derek ever did, he's still the only one of the Hough/Ballas contingent (not counting Corky) who hasn't gone for the threepeat. If it's clear early on that he's been given an overwhelming shot at that, just to keep the three young 'uns even...well, like I said. I won't be happy.

And frankly, I wasn't thrilled with his win with Shawn either, though I think Cheryl helped to derail the Gilles train with her less than stellar freestyle choreography for them.

My thoughts exactly Tilden. I can usually put my feelings aside when it comes to the pro and celeb. Mark, however, is my least favorite (along with Lacey) and I'd find it hard to root for him. So I'm hoping I don't learn to like Chelsea. I'd give anyone Derek had a shot, but Mark rubs me the wrong way. Like you, I have high hopes that this season will be the cheesy little fun dance show it started out to be-but worry the producers will push for a Mark win so he and Derek can match, and next season make it about who will get the 4th win out of the two of them (should Derek return) My biggest gripe is when the overwhelming love train comes from the 3 stooges at the judges table to tip the scale. I hope it stays a fun, un-dramatic, un-predictable season all season long. So hopefully, everyone is on equal footing. I really want to see someone else win this year. I'm bored with the Hough/Ballas winning streak (interrupted once by Kym).

I remember Gilles was injured, so I wonder if Cheryl had to choreograph around that. She had such memorable and fun routines with Drew and Emmitt, but her freestyle with Gilles, injury aside, bombed. I liked Shawn, but that should have been Gilles. Truthfully, I think the freestyle round in general has gone downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Since Mark's already won twice, I'd just as soon see another pro win--and if it's obvious from day one that he's been given a ringer, I'm not going to be a happy camper. Even though he's had a fairer share of not terrific partners than Derek ever did, he's still the only one of the Hough/Ballas contingent (not counting Corky) who hasn't gone for the threepeat. If it's clear early on that he's been given an overwhelming shot at that, just to keep the three young 'uns even...well, like I said. I won't be happy.

And frankly, I wasn't thrilled with his win with Shawn either, though I think Cheryl helped to derail the Gilles train with her less than stellar freestyle choreography for them.

Okay, I get as ticked off by the Wonder Triplets as everyone else...but Julianne has only won twice, season 4 with Apollo and season 5 with Helio. So, Derek is the only one of them with 3 trophies.

Aside from that...totally agree. Don't want Mark winning, though I don't necessarily dislike him. It would just be so refreshing to see Louis, Tony, Maks, Anna, Karina, Chelsie win. I don't know if I'd rather see Lacey win than Mark. She is beginning to grate on my nerves more than she used to. But I think that Chelsea Kane may be very likeable, and if she is I won't root against them. I won't vote for them, either. But I won't be as ticked if she is a likeable person and actually grows as a dancer.

(Derek I would root against no matter how likeable his partner is. But that's just me)

I know who Chelsea Kane is...simply b/c I have had to endure almost all of the Jonas Brothers show on Disney with my 8yo....I don't know what she is like in real person though...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    Okay, I get as ticked off by the Wonder Triplets as everyone else...but Julianne has only won twice, season 4 with Apollo and season 5 with Helio. So, Derek is the only one of them with 3 trophies.

Aside from that...totally agree. Don't want Mark winning, though I don't necessarily dislike him. It would just be so refreshing to see Louis, Tony, Maks, Anna, Karina, Chelsie win. I don't know if I'd rather see Lacey win than Mark. She is beginning to grate on my nerves more than she used to. But I think that Chelsea Kane may be very likeable, and if she is I won't root against them. I won't vote for them, either. But I won't be as ticked if she is a likeable person and actually grows as a dancer.

(Derek I would root against no matter how likeable his partner is. But that's just me)
    Of course you're right about Julianne. My mistake. She also got stuck with Adam Corolla after her second consecutive win. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I find her less irritating than her brother. She actually did get a real clunker, and I suspect they didn't think they were giving her that much of a partner when they gave her Helio after her initial win with Apollo either. It's a lot harder to justify TPTB giving Derek Jennifer Grey the season immediately following the season when he was given a clear ringer.

I'm not a huge Kendra Wilkinson fan by any means, but it's nice to see someone like Louis, who appears to be a very good teacher, get someone who has more potential to move for a change. She may not have any dance background (at least none that doesn't involve a pole), but at least she's in decent shape.

Did everyone stop liking Mark after what he did to Sabrina or is it because of some other reason? Just curious.

ETA: I know not everyone dislikes Mark. His partner this season is gorgeous and from the video I watched looks to be a pretty good dancer.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I don't know what he did to Sabrina I started not liking him during his partnership with Kim Kardashian and later on with Melissa Joan Hart, because I thought he treated them like crap when they were eliminated, and he can't take the criticism very well. I'll give him that all the pros (for the most part) have had it out with not taking the criticism (I know Maks doesn't hold back and I love him for it), but I've felt Mark comes across as a spoiled 3 year old.

Also, I think his choreography totally lacks I enjoyed his routines with Sabrina and Kristi, and some with Shawn (though I'll never figure out why he thought those lindy hop outfits were a good idea). I just want to see another pro get a chance to win and do well, and maybe be the judges pet for a season. I know Mark's limited on who he can get for partners since he's short, just like some of the other pros because of their height. Because he did just have Bristol, I guess it's only fair he got someone good this season. Chelsea does seem to have a lot of natural talent and I'm sure they're going to do well. Win? I'll figure that out after the premiere and what the judges say However, I know he's got a large fanbase and I respect whatever happens. There's always next season. And like always we'll probably be having the same debate over the same pros getting shafted and the others getting the cream of the crop.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-18-2011 at 02:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast