+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

I didn't care for their dance, and was upset they got the encore. I was really hoping Ralph and Karina would get it.

I also find Mark annoying, especially this season.

Mark had the meanest sour-puss look on his face before the encore dance during the Results show. I know he was probably p.o.'d because they were the high scorers and were put in jeopardy, but to me he was lacking grace and had a sense of entitlement. Like Voldemort in Harry Potter, Mark is "he who should not be named" when it comes to being in jeopardy EVER!

He also looked angry at the end of the dance. He's not doing any favors to his pro by not being a good boy and staying in the judge's favor.

That said, I thought they should have made Petra and Dmitry the other couple that Sugar Ray and Anna were up against. TPTB probably just fired up the Disney crowd to vote in droves for Chelsea and Mark next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

That sour puss face was the exact reaction he had when he was voted off season 9 with Melissa-and it totally cemented my dislike for him when he wasn't even looking at her or holding onto her as Tom went to read the results. I can't say I 100% like Chelsea, or that I would, but it's hard to tell what's her and what's defending Mark because she has to. I do think she has an attitude, but she's young. She does seem like a good kid when you get down to it. However, since Mark is hogging the spotlight, if not by his overdancing than with his facial expressions, it's hard to tell. Their VW this past week was a travesty as all I can remember is him doing the dancing. There were so many better dances that at the very least deserved to share the top spot, and who deserved the encore. I hope this isn't the start of them being the new judges favorites and every week board toppers, because it'll be a long season otherwise. I think they'll probably do well with their samba, however, but I wish the judges (especially Len) would call Mark out on his OTT mugging and dancing. Our first episode they basically told Cheryl she needed to give Chris more content in the routines, as their cha cha lacked it. Why not tell Mark it's not about him? The producers win if they did, because that'd be like Maks vs CA 2.0, except I think it'd be a much more bitter reaction. And I hope Mark's done with the costumes. God forbid he brings back his lindy hop gym outfits he wore with Shawn.

Kinda random but has anyone noticed that Mark's British accent is more pronounced this season?

yes, but only at certain times

I really like Chelsea and while I enjoy their off the wall dances, it's not right for this particular show. At least not until the Freestyle round. She's a terrific dancer and Mark is certainly not doing her any favors.

It also never crossed my mind that he would be feeling bitter because of the Hough's success, but that makes perfect sense.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Kinda random but has anyone noticed that Mark's British accent is more pronounced this season?
    Draws special attention to his bad "British" teeth. Superficial and a bad stereotype on my end, I know, but I don't get why celebrities don't drop a few bucks on Invisalign braces in the off season to make their smile look nicer.

FORT Fogey

I thought it very strange that both he and Pia did the standard celebrity, "we are just friends" when asked about their date. Neither are famous enough to guard their privacy to this extent. Just the opposite; creating buzz is a good thing for them! Just say you went out on a date.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Rumor has it Pia dumped her boyfriend, which of course is adding fuel to the 'is she or isn't she' dating Mark Ballas rumors. Probably one, or both of them, are using the opportunity to latch onto the spotlight. Next high profile Idol contestant that gets booted in a shocker Mark will probably latch onto as well.

Except that one is 16 (Lauren) and the other (Haley) is cozied up to a fellow contestant (Casey.) I'm sorry, Mark, but in the current AI spectrum, Pia is your last chance.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread