+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

I don't know what he did to Sabrina I started not liking him during his partnership with Kim Kardashian and later on with Melissa Joan Hart, because I thought he treated them like crap when they were eliminated, and he can't take the criticism very well. I'll give him that all the pros (for the most part) have had it out with not taking the criticism (I know Maks doesn't hold back and I love him for it), but I've felt Mark comes across as a spoiled 3 year old.
    I thought he lead her on or cheated on her. Something like that. It is one of the reasons my friends can't stand him now. I agree with you that Mark is very immature and insensitive sometimes. He acts like he should be treated different because he has won two seasons and some pros have not.

Which stinks because I really like Chelsea from the video footage I just watched of them together dancing.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I had heard that but was never sure if it was true. It's hard to keep track who had actual romances on this show, and whether they were showmances or just rumored Sometimes I feel the pros and celebs are entitled to get ticked at the judges, given some of the comments (or lack of critiques) and how unbalanced they can score one person over someone so much better. Mark lost me completely when he and Melissa wound up in the bottom 3 during season 9 and he couldn't even look at her. The monkey routine he came up with for Bristol last season was also bizarre. I feel like unless he has someone at the level of Kristi or Sabrina, whatever he does lacks. In regards to Sabrina, it seemed like the show for the longest time treated her elimination as one of the most unjust things to ever occur on TV. That's why I hope they don't try to give Mark and his second Disney girl the win they probably expected him to get in season 5. I feel like the pros are all sort of designated their spots on here as to whether they get the traditional first boot (or early ouster), or get someone to take them far. I think the odds of seeing every pro on my wish list winning is very slim. Already Edyta and Jonathan moved on from the show, and I'll throw Alec in there even though he did win once. Jonathan was probably the most unluckiest pro.

As for Chelsea, I don't know much about her. I didn't care for what little I've seen, but if I grew to like her, I wouldn't let Mark stop me from voting for her. Sort of one of those half win/half lose situations.

Chelsea reminds me a bit of Sabrina in her dancing. She's a natural, that's for sure, but Len is right when he said her moves were a little Black Eyed Peas. I remember they criticized Sabrina for being too hip hop in some of her movements. I didn't find their dance the most memorable last night, but that could be because they went first. I wish Mark would tone down the hamming it up and goofy facial expressions. If there's any pro on this show that I think makes it all about them, it's him. I do expect them to last for a long time, barring an upset, and I still think Chelsea's a front runner to win. Other than that, nothing else stood out.

I really like them.. Was nervous about them going first but after seeing their Foxtrot, I was happy! I think going first on the first night has got to be tough, and the judges tend to score tougher too.. but Mark's always the best with Jives so can't wait for that next week!

There dance was a great way to kick off season 12. My first thought after watching them was how long before the tabloids start the rumors these two are a couple? How ironic that Mark is dating someone with the same name.

Can't wait to see their Jive next week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    There dance was a great way to kick off season 12. My first thought after watching them was how long before the tabloids start the rumors these two are a couple? How ironic that Mark is dating someone with the same name.

Can't wait to see their Jive next week.
    I've never been a fan of the jives Mark choreographs. Too fast paced, out dancing his partner, and he dances like maniac. I had the same thoughts, and also wondered last night what other hook ups the media will create this season. Not as much potential for showmances like usual.

I thought Mark was dating a girl from SYTYCD (Jeannie I think?)

I thought this dance was too much show and not enough foxtrot - kind of like when Derek and Nicole did the routine to "Anything Goes". I'm surprised Len didn't call them on it. This kid can dance. I hope Mark gives her better material and she could go far.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't like Mark, so that's reason enough I hope they don't win. That said, I expect them to do very well. She seems to have a decent size fanbase, and Mark is very popular. Unless he suffers the same fate he had with his other Disney partner, and goes out in a shocking elimination.
    Ditto to all your comments. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening (a shocking elimination).

I'd never heard of Chelsea before the show, but I did think she was adorable.
    I also thought she / Mark were totally underscored.
    I like Mark and think he's a good dancer and, despite what many have said, I think he deserved his wins.
    I also don't think that he and Derek have merited the criticism so often heaped upon them.
    Both have gotten their fair share of way less "talented" or talent less dancers.
    I just hope Chelsea's scores don't suffer this season, because so many dislike the pro she's partnered with.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'd never heard of Chelsea before the show, but I did think she was adorable.
    I also thought she / Mark were totally underscored.
    I like Mark and think he's a good dancer and, despite what many have said, I think he deserved his wins.
    I also don't think that he and Derek have merited the criticism so often heaped upon them.
    Both have gotten their fair share of way less "talented" or talent less dancers.
    I just hope Chelsea's scores don't suffer this season, because so many dislike the pro she's partnered with.
    But, Mark has a really big fanbase. And with Derek gone, I'm sure a lot of Derek fans that may have solely voted for Derek in the past may go to Mark. Plus, this is the Sabrina/Mark 2.0 Disney pairing, and there's still plenty of people who want to avenge their early elimination. I know the judges will love them, so I doubt their scores will suffer. Going first any season the couple seems to be lowballed by the end of the night. Audrina last season, and Chad the season before got lower scores than I thought they deserved. I think once you hit the 6th spot to the end is when people start getting higher scores or getting overscored to make up.

I want someone other Mark (part of the trio) to win, because I'm tired of him and Derek dominating this show. To his credit, Mark has had to deal with horrible partners, dance wise, which Derek has yet to do. But I really hope some pro that hasn't won yet wins this season. I'm not entirely counting on it. Judging by Chelsea's ability, I'd say she's definitely a front runner. I haven't liked Mark since season 7, mostly from his attitude, and ever since then as well I think his choreography has gotten more hectic, more fast paced, and more about showcasing him than his partner. Not to mention the fish faces and facial expressions he throws in.

+ Reply to Thread