+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Three times I think. The first week, last week, and now this week. But I think they also went last twice. I used to look forward to a couple I disliked going first or early since it meant their scores wouldn't be so high. I guess those days are over.

Either their rehearsal package was producer drama or their way of telling Mark to shape up, and grow up. That didn't paint him a good light when he was swearing at the camera and acting moody, while Chelsea put on a smile and was fine. His whole holding his hands on his shoulders while she gave her speech seemed odd. By the look on his face, I don't think he believes he's wrong, but maybe realized where she was coming from. Or the big wigs told him he was on the verge of getting booted so he needed to cool it. He out danced her in their second dance, which I thought was completely off. I would have given it 8s across the board. Their waltz was beautiful, I'll admit that, though not deserving of 10s. I don't know why the judges bother bringing up constructive criticism, they just score if they like it and if it looked good.

I'd love to see these two gone tomorrow, but I don't think it'll happen.
    She is lithe and agile. Her hips move easily and freely.Her posture is straight, and her feet, arms, and hands all look good. Techically, she is the best dancer.

However, they present a negative picture right now with the appearance of Mark's in essence disrespect of her as a partner.
    As a couple, they just don't look good right now. All of the built up controversy will have played into the storyline.

For the very first time - the very first time - I think there may be a chance that they go home in a shocking elimination because they are the best.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    She is lithe and agile. Her hips move easily and freely.Her posture is straight, and her feet, arms, and hands all look good. Techically, she is the best dancer.

However, they present a negative picture right now with the appearance of Mark's in essence disrespect of her as a partner.
    As a couple, they just don't look good right now. All of the built up controversy will have played into the storyline.

For the very first time - the very first time - I think there may be a chance that they go home in a shocking elimination because they are the best.
    Yaaaaay! Please say it's possible. I would love it. Can you see Mark throwing a fit right there and claiming it was all so unfair. That would be so good. Don't you think the producers would pretend there was a mistake with the votes or some malfunction before they would allow them to leave that way?

I absolutely did not believe a word of Mark's speech that this was about him being the frame for his partner. His bad behavior is about him not getting the scores he feels he deserves I don't think he gives a crap about his partner.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really enjoy them.I think they mark them way to low.I see a couple that have really worked hard, with very little whining( and hair tossing) Max and Kirstie are no so great but good for ratings.This show has jumped the shark

Three times I think. The first week, last week, and now this week. But I think they also went last twice. I used to look forward to a couple I disliked going first or early since it meant their scores wouldn't be so high. I guess those days are over.

Either their rehearsal package was producer drama or their way of telling Mark to shape up, and grow up. That didn't paint him a good light when he was swearing at the camera and acting moody, while Chelsea put on a smile and was fine. His whole holding his hands on his shoulders while she gave her speech seemed odd. By the look on his face, I don't think he believes he's wrong, but maybe realized where she was coming from. Or the big wigs told him he was on the verge of getting booted so he needed to cool it. He out danced her in their second dance, which I thought was completely off. I would have given it 8s across the board. Their waltz was beautiful, I'll admit that, though not deserving of 10s. I don't know why the judges bother bringing up constructive criticism, they just score if they like it and if it looked good.

I'd love to see these two gone tomorrow, but I don't think it'll happen.
    Mark keeping his hands and arms on Chelsea's shoulders for so long while she was talking to him really made me feel uncomfortable. It was very strange - like he was trying to be both aggressive and domineering and sexually attractive at the same time. Weird.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Mark keeping his hands and arms on Chelsea's shoulders for so long while she was talking to him really made me feel uncomfortable. It was very strange - like he was trying to be both aggressive and domineering and sexually attractive at the same time. Weird.
    Thanks for bringing that up! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. It was a confusing body language to read. I could see that in intimate partners who are discussing something, perhaps, but it just was "off" in the context and situation.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Thanks for bringing that up! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. It was a confusing body language to read. I could see that in intimate partners who are discussing something, perhaps, but it just was "off" in the context and situation.
    Yeah, and then she put his hands on her head-part of me thought she wanted to get them away from her neck Mark had that same stupid smirk on his face throughout her little speech. Even though I think it was producer influenced, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea felt that way. It's supposed to be about her, but it's hard to root for her when her partner makes it all about him. I don't think Mark took any of it to heart. It was awkward when he was pitching a fit in the confessionals but she piped up with her smile and said she was fine with their scores. They were in third, had 2 8s and 2 9s. It's why I think Mark will only be happy when they don't find anything to criticize and he gets 10s all across the board. I'd love nothing more than to send him packing tonight. I'm not counting on it, but we can dream...

I even notice Mark had an attitude up in the celeb tank when they cut up to the couples after each dance. He had that same sour expression on his face like he was bored, and while everyone else was giving Ralph a standing O, he looked ticked. Maybe he's upset his sprained ankle didn't get that kind of attention?

Yeah, and then she put his hands on her head-part of me thought she wanted to get them away from her neck Mark had that same stupid smirk on his face throughout her little speech. Even though I think it was producer influenced, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea felt that way. It's supposed to be about her, but it's hard to root for her when her partner makes it all about him. I don't think Mark took any of it to heart. It was awkward when he was pitching a fit in the confessionals but she piped up with her smile and said she was fine with their scores. They were in third, had 2 8s and 2 9s. It's why I think Mark will only be happy when they don't find anything to criticize and he gets 10s all across the board. I'd love nothing more than to send him packing tonight. I'm not counting on it, but we can dream...

I even notice Mark had an attitude up in the celeb tank when they cut up to the couples after each dance. He had that same sour expression on his face like he was bored, and while everyone else was giving Ralph a standing O, he looked ticked. Maybe he's upset his sprained ankle didn't get that kind of attention?
    What bothers me particularly about Mark's peevishness towards his scores this season is that it comes on the heels of a season where he and his partner were the beneficiaries of blatant overscoring and coddling by the judges. Yes, I agree that technically, Chelsea is pretty clearly above the rest of the pack (and as a result, she has often, although not always, been the high scorer), but he should know by now that the judges don't always score just on technical proficiency and difficulty of routine, and aren't going to create an insurmountable difference between highest and lowest (ie, 20 points or so) or put one contestant out of the reach of the others under any circumstances. (Best example of this is "professional dancer" Nicole's season, until the finale when they needed to guarantee she won.) If they did, he and his partner wouldn't have made the finals last year.
    Last edited by ironcat; 05-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Mark is a and needs to go home tonight. I feel bad for Chelsea but I can't stand to watch him/them anymore!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

What bothers me about Mark is that he's become so over the top that it detracts from his dancing, which like all the pros, is good.

What bothers me even more is his flagrant rule breaking in terms of ballroom dance. It would not be tolerated in a real competition. I remember that when Mario Lopez and Karina did the same sort of thing several years ago, they were severely marked down for it every time.

I love dance and I'm saddened by what this show has become.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread