+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm in the middle on this one. I want to see ballroom, but I want it to be exciting. A memorable dance for me was Lance and Lacey's tango they danced to "Disturbia". It was technically a tango but it had a little extra flair.
    I'm not so much in the middle, as I think there's plenty of examples where pros have come up with interesting, unique, show stopping choreography and didn't bend the rules. My issue with Mark is he openly said he was bending the rules for the jive, even though Chelsea (who it's supposed to be about in the first place) didn't want to, but he did, got called out for it, and whined. Pulling the "we're young so we need to be fresh and hip" card doesn't work when Chelsie doesn't need to do it for the even younger Romeo. Lacey, even though she's often gone outside the boundaries, did a good job with that tango. And that's what I mean; it was a tango but it had a theme and story to it while not turning into something else. There's plenty of dance shows for everyone to find what they like, and each week I feel Mark is better off choreographing for one of them where he can have free reign and do what he wants. I don't agree with the judges calling one couple out for doing something wrong, but complimenting and giving 10s to someone who also has an offense on the dance floor. We'll see what happens this week, but I won't be surprised if the "we're young so we're breaking the rules" bit comes into play again. I like fun, energetic choreography, and think the pros can stick to the rules and still make it their own. I can't say their song choices thus far have led them to do any of it; every couple on this show has gotten crap music for certain dances every week of every season. Look no further than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am in the middle with you. That is what I was saying above. Just a little loosening of the rules is all.
    Speaking of loosening the rules....I don't get why Carrie Ann has such an issue if a foot comes off the ground for a split second. The other judges NEVER mention it. I understand why they don't want them doing lifts this early in the competition...they aren't experienced enough and they don't want people getting hurt. I get that. However, when being spun around by your partner...if your foot flies off the floor for just a second...well...I don't get why it's such a big deal. In almost every case it's unintentional.

And Len with his 'no gimmicks' gimmick. When you have theme weeks, sometimes you need a little time at the very beginning to set the tone and stage the story so the audience has some idea of the meaning of the choreography. Little things like that are what drive me crazy..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I enjoy the dances that veer from the standard ballroom format very much. If I had to watch every one of them stick to the format I would be bored to tears. The judges do not share my position. It seems unfair that the celebrity is scored lower because of the choregraphy. I would perfer to see the judges loosen their standards, just a bit, for the sake of entertainment.

They sure gave Hines a huge pass on his last dance! He didn't dance at all!
    This is true. I don't understand why they were so excited. He did very little. In fact, I wish he would shake it up a little. I'm not as wild about him as everyone else.

FORT Fan

Why can't Mark just wear the same shoes that the other male dancers wear?

Can't stand his "overuse" of his little penguin shoes.

I guess it's yet another way he feels the need to draw attention to himself.

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

could somebody please explain the love triangle between Ballas'/Hough/judges? why are they so stinkin' special on this show??
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

◦ Pure Kanenballer ◦ xXxKuteKimxXx's Avatar

Please don't tell me I'm the only Kanenballer who thinks that Chelsea and Mark have feelings for each other, but are stuck in a love web with Stephen/Pia? D;

Quote Originally Posted by xXxKuteKimxXx View Post
    Please don't tell me I'm the only Kanenballer who thinks that Chelsea and Mark have feelings for each other, but are stuck in a love web with Stephen/Pia? D;
    I thought something was going on until I read he was dating Pia and she was seeing Stephen.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Newbie

Stephen who?

Quote Originally Posted by sherbabe View Post
    Stephen who?
    Stephen Colletti from Laguna Beach and One Tree Hill.

Click the link to see a recent picture of Chelsea and Stephen together.

Stephen Colletti "Having a Great Time" With DWTS' Chelsea Kane - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Reading on another site the comments dogging Mark are unreal!

One person went to far as to say that someone needs to take him out to the parking lot and beat some sense into him. The general concensus is that his behavior this season has been beyond horrible. Out of 50+ comments I read, at least 45 mentioned something negative about Mark. Most said if Chelsea goes home this week it's his fault for his bad behavior and over-dancing.

And I didn't see it, but some say he made an obscene gesture toward the judges as they walked back to the Celebraquarium. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks Mark needs to take some time off - a few years would be ideal!

+ Reply to Thread