+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

Re: Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Season 12

I have to say that I am quite surprised by Kendra's popularity. A couple of years back when Holly Madison was on, she got all manner of flack for being a floozy because she had been one of Hef's trio of girlfriends and had posed nude*, but Kendra seems to be getting a pass on the same issues. Has something changed? Have the morality police decided that there are more egregious character flaws to worry about? Someone please enlighten me.

*She got no flack from me - posing nude I don't disrespect, referring to someone who poses nude as a slut I do disrespect.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I have to say that I am quite surprised by Kendra's popularity. A couple of years back when Holly Madison was on, she got all manner of flack for being a floozy because she had been one of Hef's trio of girlfriends and had posed nude*, but Kendra seems to be getting a pass on the same issues. Has something changed? Have the morality police decided that there are more egregious character flaws to worry about? Someone please enlighten me.

*She got no flack from me - posing nude I don't disrespect, referring to someone who poses nude as a slut I do disrespect.
    I thought she danced well and looked great ; I was, however, startled by the remark about feeling the crack in Louie's rear. Personally, I believe that everything that goes on in your head doesn't necessarily need to come out of your mouth - especially on national TV.

It is possible that if she continues to make those kinds of remarks she will shoot herself in the foot, so to speak, because they are going to edit them in, and regardless of how well she dances or how beautiful she is, realistically there will be people offended who will not vote for her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I thought she did good and has potential but I was offended by some of her remarks. I'm very conservative though. There is a lot said at times I don't think should be said. But I know I'm in the minority these days. I'm just hoping that she'll gain some self respect, elegance, and poise through this experience. She is a beautiful girl. I felt she needed to stand straighter or something. Maybe it's her posture. Not sure but I felt something was off with the upper part of her body while dancing.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I thought she did good and has potential but I was offended by some of her remarks. I'm very conservative though. There is a lot said at times I don't think should be said. But I know I'm in the minority these days. I'm just hoping that she'll gain some self respect, elegance, and poise through this experience. She is a beautiful girl. I felt she needed to stand straighter or something. Maybe it's her posture. Not sure but I felt something was off with the upper part of her body while dancing.

I think Kenda gets somewhat of a pass because she left the Playboy mansion, married a super nice family man and had a baby. I've watched her tv show about her family since it first aired. She really has changed into this devoted mom and wife. She's quite genuine and I like that.

The problem is that she still does not have many manners. She lacks what most of us would consider common sense judgment in social settings. IMO she likes to shock and attract attention by doing anything she can, even if it seen as inappropiate.

She has a heart of gold, but she does not know how to think before speaking. In many ways, she has the maturity of a 12 year-old. I"m not kidding. I adore her and think she has come a long way, but she can come off as very cheap and crude at times. I can't see that changing, even though she repeatedly stressed last night that she wanted to dance with class and do it the proper way. That is very different from the Kendra I have seen. Perhaps we shall see Kendra grow and devlop an whole different side this season!

I am rooting for her and Kirstie. I thought it odd that Kendra's ankles turned over in her heels, but Kirstie who is much larger, had no problem. Go figure.
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-22-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Kenda gets somewhat of a pass because she left the Playboy mansion, married a super nice family man and had a baby. I've watched her tv show about her family since it first aired. She really has changed into this devoted mom and wife. She's quite genuine and I like that.

The problem is that she still does not have many manners. She lacks what most of us would consider common sense judgment. She has a heart of gold, but she does not know how to think before speaking. In many ways, she has the maturity of a 12 year-old. I"m not kidding. I adore her and think she has come a long way, but she comes off as very cheap and crude at times. I can't see that changing. I don't think she has a clue that it isn't acceptable.
    You have to take her lumps and all. LOL

I am rooting for her and Kirstie. I thought it odd that Kendra's ankles turned over in her heels, but Kirstie who is much larger, had no problem. Go figure.
    I seem to remember seeing Kirstie on Oprah (I think that was the show) and that she dance/exercise's in heels as part of her cardio workout..... so I think she's used to the heels whereas Kendra probably doesn't have much reason to wear heels all that much anymore.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

And you have to think about the person's ankles. I have bad feet and really weak ankles which limits how long I wear heels and how high they are. A good friend is who about 7" shorter and 80lbs heavier than me can wear heels all day long and they are at least 3" high.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Kendra needs to filter herself before she speaks. She never has, so I guess she never will. Sometimes it works against her bigtime. She should have canned the remark about being a stripper..dumbo me never knew that, and now I do. I watched her reality show with her hubby, Hank and when she had the baby and thought she had changed from whom she was with at the PB mansion. She needs to try and project that image and not the PB sexpot image anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post

I'm very surprised, too.
    I remember, also, when Pam Anderson was on and she, too, got crucified on this show.......A shame, 'cause I thought she did great.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I thought she danced well and looked great ; I was, however, startled by the remark about feeling the crack in Louie's rear. Personally, I believe that everything that goes on in your head doesn't necessarily need to come out of your mouth - especially on national TV.
    It is possible that if she continues to make those kinds of remarks she will shoot herself in the foot, so to speak, because they are going to edit them in, and regardless of how well she dances or how beautiful she is, realistically there will be people offended who will not vote for her.
    This is Kendra, so I'm sure that isn't the end of it. I missed that comment; I only heard something about seeing a crack so I figured I didn't need to ask

Kendra is definitely a better dancer than her fellow bunny Holly, though I think Holly suffered from her partnership with Dmitry (and only having a week to prepare). I didn't care for Kendra when she was on GND but feel in love with her when she got her own show. I don't think she lived up to the hype, but nerves were there and I hope she gets more confident. She's definitely got the potential, and I'm looking forward to see her for many, many weeks.

I had never heard of this woman but when watching her intro section I thought "hmm, blonde, former playboy bunny, former stripper, reality tv star, kind of trashy in her speech and mannerisms, people won't like her at all, she won't last long", and then I come to read the board and I see she has a huge fan base, who would have thought! But maybe since this is a reality TV website the consensus here will be quite different from the majority of the voting public who won't know anything about her, and she won't get many votes or stay very long.

Her dancing was horrendous!!! She was maybe a smidgen better than Wendy... She was OK when she was standing or walking by herself and shaking her butt, but any time she was connected to her partner and actually doing the cha-cha she was a mess! Her upper and lower body has no connection, she was flopping all over the place, the few spins he gave her were completely out of control, when Louis sent her out into that open fan she was so back-weighted she nearly fell backwards! She needs to stand upright and tighten her core so her body can move as one unit. How could the judges have given her all 7's, tying her with that Russian model chick who danced beautifully? She is definitely in the bottom 3 dancers along with Wendy and the radio guy and hopefully will be voted out soon accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread