+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

NFL players have the drive and determination to always perform well. Hines will continue to use this to his advantage. They deserved higher scores. JMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Question about Kym - is she married and how old is she? She's one of my favorite pros but know little about her. She's so vibrant, positive and less self-absorbed than so many of the others.

FORT Fogey

Kym is 34. I didn't find any info about her being married so I think not. She lives in Sydney, Australia.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kym was also a pro on the Australian version of DWTS and actually won once over there. Kym's always been one of my favorites going back to her very first season with Jerry Springer. I've said before, even with the worst partners, she can bring out the best in them. I think the only one she didn't make any progress with was David Alan Grier in season 8, but he had a bit of an attitude and ego when he was on the show. Kym's got such a great personality, and her and Hines go together so well. I think she's often come up with some of the best routines, and their paso was right up there. It definitely deserved a 10, even though I hate 10s coming out this early. But in no way did Chelsea's dance deserve to be the top dance of the night. I don't get the judges and wish they explained their scoring and thought process more. They loved Hines and his dance, didn't seem to have anything overly negative to say, and yet they gave it 8s? They don't make any sense. Len hated Mark's VW, at least saying so on the show, but gave it an 8? Anyway, I'd love to see Hines in the final 2. Kym's definitely paid her dues enough that I'd be happy if she got a second win, and Hines would be a wonderful rep to add to the DWTS winners circle. With the success of the football players on here in terms of placements, I can't believe Emmitt Smith if the only one who has won.

I think Hines has a bigger fan base then Ralph does. Which leads me to believe Hines and Kirstie very well could be in the F2.

ETA: It might be a little early to predict who will be in the finals though.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

While not my favorite pair, they are doing a great job. If I were a betting person, my money would be on them to win the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    While not my favorite pair, they are doing a great job. If I were a betting person, my money would be on them to win the season.
    I wish I would have bet them at 5-1... I am a proud Steeler fan, born and bred in our great city. I realize that Hines will not appeal to everyone. Never expected him to, but the one thing I will say about him is that he will bring it each and every dance. He may not be technically correct with each and every move, but his heart and soul will be apparent.
    We have won 6 Super Bowls... unmatched by any other team. No matter where you come from, once a Steeler, always a Steeler in heart. The franchise has built it's reputation on pride. Every member of the team supports one another and works together for a common goal.
    I have no idea if Hines will end up in the finals, but I will be there each week to support him because I know that in the end he really did give it everything he has. He will walk away proud.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope he at least makes it to Dance Center week, because seeing what Jerry Rice has to say about the current competing football player is always fun.

I do think, at this point, Hines/Kym have the best shot to win. And since I said that, probably jinxed them I don't know what Hines's fanbase is like, but everywhere I look online, the majority are either rooting/voting for him, or at the very least just enjoying him. Football players have traditionally done well. Emmitt is so far the only one to win, but we've had several finish in second, Kurt Warner was 5th last season, Chad 4th in season 9, and Michael Irvin and LT made it a little over the halfway point.

Hines has a killer smile, a shining personality that just comes to life once the music starts, and it's obvious he and Kym have amazing chemistry together. Not to mention respect for each other and a strong work ethic. I've enjoyed every one of Hines dances so far, and I think they just keep getting better. Kym's done some amazing choreography, and I'm really excited to see another ballroom dance out of Hines this week. I've re-watched his dances over and over again. While some couples I lose interest in after a few seconds, I can't turn away where he's concerned. Did I mention I love his smile? I'm not even a Steelers fan, but I can't help loving this guy and seeing the support he's got in the audience. Seeing the towels waving just adds to what Hines brings to the dance floor.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-16-2011 at 04:02 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I hope he at least makes it to Dance Center week, because seeing what Jerry Rice has to say about the current competing football player is always fun.

I do think, at this point, Hines/Kym have the best shot to win. And since I said that, probably jinxed them I don't know what Hines's fanbase is like, but everywhere I look online, the majority are either rooting/voting for him, or at the very least just enjoying him. Football players have traditionally done well. Emmitt is so far the only one to win, but we've had several finish in second, Kurt Warner was 5th last season, Chad 4th in season 9, and Michael Irvin and LT made it a little over the halfway point.

Hines has a killer smile, a shining personality that just comes to life once the music starts, and it's obvious he and Kym have amazing chemistry together. Not to mention respect for each other and a strong work ethic. I've enjoyed every one of Hines dances so far, and I think they just keep getting better. Kym's done some amazing choreography, and I'm really excited to see another ballroom dance out of Hines this week. I've re-watched his dances over and over again. While some couples I lose interest in after a few seconds, I can't turn away where he's concerned. Did I mention I love his smile? I'm not even a Steelers fan, but I can't help loving this guy and seeing the support he's got in the audience. Seeing the towels waving just adds to what Hines brings to the dance floor.
    I think so as well; however, in a race as close as this one appears it might be, who the judges pull for is going to be very important.
    Hines has that charismatic personality. That might be the edge in his favor.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Always been a sucker for a man in uniform!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread