+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

I can tell you that Hines is very dedicated and determined to dance well. Each week he draws up a schematic of the steps and the moves so he can understand them on his own terms and can go over them on paper when they are not actually practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan View Post
    I can tell you that Hines is very dedicated and determined to dance well. Each week he draws up a schematic of the steps and the moves so he can understand them on his own terms and can go over them on paper when they are not actually practicing.
    It is these kinds of things that makes athletes tough to beat. It is the eye on the prize and focus/dedication.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like drawing out football plays, to me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am sick of Steeler fans who are friends of mine making this about who has more championship rings. I need to block them out because I enjoy Hines and Kym.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Steeler fans . . . . TRUE Steeler fans . . . . are hard core! We can turn ANY conversation around to make it about football regardless of what time of year it is.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It's obvious who my favorite man is but I think that Ralph Macchio is also doing a wonderful job. Here in Steeler country, you don't have to like or know football, to be a Steeler fan. It's all about the people & the city.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Steeler fans . . . . TRUE Steeler fans . . . . are hard core! We can turn ANY conversation around to make it about football regardless of what time of year it is.
    I am a fan of another team that has one less championship ring then the Steelers so believe me I know all about turning any conversation and making it about my team too.
    Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    It's obvious who my favorite man is but I think that Ralph Macchio is also doing a wonderful job. Here in Steeler country, you don't have to like or know football, to be a Steeler fan. It's all about the people & the city.
    Believe me I know exactly what you mean. It is all good.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.

I'm most definitely not a Steelers fan. They are one of my least favorite teams. That doesn't keep me from acknowledging that Hines Ward is a gifted wide receiver. He would also get votes from me on this show because

1) he's working very hard to do well and is not trying to ride on his Steeler fanbase
    2) his dancing is earning him votes
    3) he is entertaining and charms with his smile
    4) he is very coachable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm most definitely not a Steelers fan. They are one of my least favorite teams. That doesn't keep me from acknowledging that Hines Ward is a gifted wide receiver. He would also get votes from me on this show because

1) he's working very hard to do well and is not trying to ride on his Steeler fanbase
    2) his dancing is earning him votes
    3) he is entertaining and charms with his smile
    4) he is very coachable.

A few years ago my husband and i talked to a man who bought a house in Green Bay, and along with the contract on the house, the man got the owner's annual Green Bay Packer season tickets which are like gold in that city. Now those are some crazy fans! You pick or sell your house prompted to a large extent on getting those tickets!
    Top that Pittsburg...but then again, please don't! That is just crazy. it really is...

I, on the other hand, just like to see Hines dance. I enjoy watching his face and his smile. He looks like he is having fun, and since he is having fun, I have fun as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Hines was the best dancer tonight. IMO

+ Reply to Thread