+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Yeah, getting the pimp spot on here can mean a bunch of different things. But with the exception of train wrecks like Bristol and Kate, they usually save the best for last. Or the most talked about. They shook the order up this week, because it surprised me that Kirstie and Kendra didn't go more towards the end. Hines did go 3rd last week, so I'm glad he got to close us out. It was worth the wait Hines/Kym are so much fun to watch, and I've loved both their routines so far. Kym's always been one of my favorite choreographers in this show, so I can't wait to see what else they do. Right now Hines and Ralph are my top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Yeah, getting the pimp spot on here can mean a bunch of different things. But with the exception of train wrecks like Bristol and Kate, they usually save the best for last. Or the most talked about. They shook the order up this week, because it surprised me that Kirstie and Kendra didn't go more towards the end. Hines did go 3rd last week, so I'm glad he got to close us out. It was worth the wait Hines/Kym are so much fun to watch, and I've loved both their routines so far. Kym's always been one of my favorite choreographers in this show, so I can't wait to see what else they do. Right now Hines and Ralph are my top 2.
    Mine too even though Hines is a Steeler and in the same division as Colt McCoy in football. I like Kym and Ralph is a hero of mine since childhood with Karate Kid movies that I grew up on. I hope that both of them are in the final.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I thought Hines and Kym deserved the final slot last night. They are a strong partnership and it is evident in their dancing. They bring out the best in each other and with two beautiful people, that speaks volumes to me. They are totally working together, can't wait to see what develops with these two!!!

Hines and Kym will be dancing the Samba next week. Should be a good dance for them. I think Hines will be able to pick up the steps and get the flavor of the dance fairly well.

I think Hines will be just fine with the samba. Even LT and Michael Irvin, who I think were the worst of the NFL players on here, didn't do so badly. Hines is 100x better, and he doesn't seem so light on his feet like Warren did. I'm sure Kym will come up with something great, and I can't wait! I'm so excited she's got such a great partner again. Her and Hines just go together so well, and it's fun watching them. Kym has come up with some of my favorite samba routines on this show, including the one she did with Jerry Springer.

However, since the samba is a harder dance to master, I kind of wish they'd have it later in the season. I kind of miss latin night when they did the samba and rumba together (or as Tom would say, "the hottest night on television").

Who is John Galt?

My favorite of the season. He is adorable and they have terrific chemistry together. He is also has good dance ability. What I like about this season is that there are no "ringers". None of the "stars" are really trained in dance. Chelsea probably has the most experience in the genre - but not in ballroom. She is probably picking it up faster than the others, but Hines is my pick to win the "beautiful"?? mirror ball trophy.

Kym just knows how to put everything together and make it presentable. I know the pros don't always get a say in their song choice, but she just knows how to make it all work. The routines always flow together nicely and make you want more. The costumes she comes up with are never overly distracting, tacky, or dangerous for a celeb to trip over (give or take Donny Osmond, who I think did trip on his feet during their dance, and her cha cha outfit last week which I was not a fan of). Kym is just so much fun, and she brings out such wonderful qualities in her partners. Hines has a lot of natural talent. I'm glad Kym finally won once and would be perfectly happy if these two won. Like so many couples this season, there's just nothing not to like.

I'm still confused, though, why half the celebs have a different dance style, and the rest all have the same. Seems like it might make it uneven in scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Kym just knows how to put everything together and make it presentable. I know the pros don't always get a say in their song choice, but she just knows how to make it all work. The routines always flow together nicely and make you want more. The costumes she comes up with are never overly distracting, tacky, or dangerous for a celeb to trip over (give or take Donny Osmond, who I think did trip on his feet during their dance, and her cha cha outfit last week which I was not a fan of). Kym is just so much fun, and she brings out such wonderful qualities in her partners. Hines has a lot of natural talent. I'm glad Kym finally won once and would be perfectly happy if these two won. Like so many couples this season, there's just nothing not to like.

I'm still confused, though, why half the celebs have a different dance style, and the rest all have the same. Seems like it might make it uneven in scoring.
    Actually there was one costume that she did that was distracting: Donny's Argentine Tango. It was bare all the way up the hip except for a clear piece of tape. I thought that was tacky since Donny is happily married and Mormon. Otherwise she does well there. I have always liked her choreography.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan View Post
    Hines and Kym will be dancing the Samba next week. Should be a good dance for them. I think Hines will be able to pick up the steps and get the flavor of the dance fairly well.
    I think he has a good bit of natural ability, and his charm and charism carries him a good bit further past that. Then you add her beauty, and you have a winning combo for this pair.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I'm liking this pairing, and agree, they have great chemistry together. I think they will go far.

+ Reply to Thread