+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

If she is out due to injury and Ralph can't recover, this going to be really bad. I do NOT want injuries to cause the win to be laid on a platter for Chelsea and Mark. Man, I hope they are okay.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Report: Hines Ward's 'Dancing With the Stars' partner Kym Johnson taken to hospital - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

LOS ANGELES

"Dancing with the Stars" pro dancer Kym Johnson was injured during rehearsals Friday and was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital, "Extra" reported.

Johnson, 34, suffered a fall as she practiced with her partner, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, in advance of their performance on the ABC show next Monday.

The Australian dancer was taken out of the practice room on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on her face, the Los Angeles Fire Department told "Extra."

Ward, 35, was observed nearby with his head buried in his hands, the TV show said on its website.

"Kym injured herself during rehearsals today, she was taken to hospital for precautionary measures, to assure she is OK," her rep said.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hope Kym is okay. It probably is better to be safe than sorry, and we've seen several pros leave rehearsals over the years in neck braces and on stretchers. I know there's an area of the dance floor they even joke is considered like the Bermuda triangle, where everything bad happens.

If Kym had to drop out, they'd probably get another female pro to step in for her. But I love her and Hines together, so I'd hate to see even that happen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when the media states that EVERYBODY is rushed to the hospital when it just isn't so. Precautionary immobilization and oxygen are standard for falls, if you're dealing with a fairly competent medical crew who are following their standard protocol. Regular driving speed to the hospital, people.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just read in an updated USA TODAY article that Kym is okay and has been cleared by doctors to dance on Monday night. They were unclear as to when she would resume rehearsals.

FORT Fogey

There is NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING on tv more cheesy than Dancing with the Stars (but it's hugely entertaining!). Its credibility comes from its rigourous nature. It ain't easy - and, as we've seen, it is definately dangerous. While some reality shows damage careers (e.g. Celebrity Mole, etc.), I think stars can walk away from DWTS without damage. They work hard. People see it and respect it.

I hope Kym is ok. I've always liked her (she and Hynes would make a really cute couple, I think!).

I am glad she is going to be able to dance this week, but why are they being so secretive about what happened today? I guess it isn't any of our business, but as a fan I worried it might be something really serious the way she looked getting into that ambulance today.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Hopefully we will get more news and it will be good. But it surely affects their practice time. That's bad!

Hines says on his FB that Kym is cleared by her doctors to dance, but she is bruised, sore, and wearing a neck brace

Hope she feels better soon. Love ya, Kym! You, too, Hines!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think it was back in season 6, Karina came into rehearsals with a neck brace due to an injury she had (wasn't something that happened to her during rehearsals that I can recall). On the plus side, Kym and Hines are a very strong team. The judges obviously love him, with many considering they overscore him (I figure it all evens out somewhere). This might boost the sympathy factor with both the judges and audience, since it's bound to be covered on the show. Plus, Kym is the pro, so it might not reflect as much on Hines if she needs to take it easy but he can be the one to shine. Kym's always been a great choreographer, one of my top favorites, so I'm sure she and Hines will pull through something great. Like some posts already said, she's such a positive addition to the show. I'm glad she's been able to make it this far, and likely to the finals. But he main thing is, I hope she gets well soon. I'm not the bravest person when it comes to dealing with pain, so I can only imagine, after that, going back and doing a dance that requires lifts and fast motions.

+ Reply to Thread