+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Season 12

Short of having him break down into a temper tantrum and refusing to dance, Hines will get my votes week in and week out. After all, I only started watching this season because he was on.

That being said, I wish they'd give him more to do than follow Kym around the dance floor. He's capable of much more!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Short of having him break down into a temper tantrum and refusing to dance, Hines will get my votes week in and week out. After all, I only started watching this season because he was on.

That being said, I wish they'd give him more to do than follow Kym around the dance floor. He's capable of much more!
    I like him a lot, but he isn't doing all that much. Last night he looked heavy on his feet moving around instead of light. He moved with her, and he did what he was supposed to, but it just did not seem like and airy to me.

The routines are safe, I think.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

I agree with you. Hines is capable of much more. He has the votes to win and the talent.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I do agree Hines can do so much more, and proved it in his early routines. I couldn't believe the judges thought his rumba was his best dance. Had he done that week 1 I wouldn't have gotten on the bandwagon. I wonder if latin is going to be better for him. Kym is a fabulous choreographer, so I know she has it in her to give Hines all he can take. Maybe they're playing it safe and then plan to let it all out?

Who is John Galt?

I agree, Hines is my favorite, but his dance this week was rather wooden. He just such a sweetheart and is so cute, I am rooting for him, but he needs to up the ante. Romeo is catching up and surpassing him in danceability.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As a long time Steeler fan, I've enjoyed seeing Hines' teammates pay him a visit, but nothing has pleased me more than seeing JEROME BETTIS stick his head in the door. My favorite Steeler ever!

Did Hines deserve the 10? Probably not . . . but it was good to see him get it!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bit of a scary moment for Hines:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b240...s_nfl_pro.html

Dancing With the Stars fans know Hines Ward is hot to trot. But as far as L.A.'s Finest was concerned, he was a passenger in a hot car.

The Pittsburgh Steelers star turned hoofer and a female driver were briefly detained and handcuffed at gunpoint during a traffic stop in Los Angeles this morning.

Was he really riding in a stolen car?

A spokesman for the LAPD confirms to E! News that officers pulled over the 35-year-old Ward and his companion at approximately 2 a.m. and, guns drawn, ordered them out of the vehicle because it had been reported stolen. But it turns out it was all an unfortunate mistake.

"They were detained because police did believe it was stolen," said the spokesman. "They proved it was not, and they let them go on their way. The stolen vehicle report was canceled."

Per local affiliate WEWS Channel 5, the woman had actually reported her car stolen to authorities after an incident with a valet, but failed to call off the alert when she got it back. After explaining the situation while they were in custody, officers checked it out, verified her story and let them go.

The footballer took to his Twitter and Facebook page and chalked up the whole thing to a "misunderstanding."

"The incident in the news that involved me getting pulled over," Hines posted. "I want everyone to know that this was a complete misunderstanding. The police were just doing their job. Apologies were made and it's now in the past. Moving forward."

So is Hines yet another athlete with a new baby but not married and not in a position as a live in parent even? I ask only because I thought I saw a snippet of his "new baby" and no mention of a wife....if so

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    So is Hines yet another athlete with a new baby but not married and not in a position as a live in parent even? I ask only because I thought I saw a snippet of his "new baby" and no mention of a wife....if so
    Hines is divorced and has a 7 year old son. He does not have any other children.

FORT Fan

I am NOT a fan of the Steelers, even though I live in Pennsylvania....and I have NOT been a fan of Hines Ward because he is an amazing player and his beast-like qualities stop other teams that I prefer!! LOL

But....

...I now simply adore the guy! Like many of the former football players who have danced on the show, he has joined the dancing cast with such tenacity, musicality and RESPECT for the artform. I love an athletic man who loves the arts...and Hines is becoming one of my favorites. Dance on, Hines!!

+ Reply to Thread