+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

Re: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    My guess is that they didn't cancel him because they knew he would bring in big ratings.
    They don't really have the most exciting and / or controversial contestants this season.
    Having Chris Brown on guaranteed talk / ratings for the show.
    The Disney channel is not known for being purveyors of good taste or taking the high road.
    This made me LOL! Thanks for the laugh. You are right, Disney has completely shed their Annette and Frankie image that made the Mouseketeers famous... much to varied chagrin.

.....I am also impressed with Chris. I do not know anything at all about WWE but I do think they have some loyal and rabid fans so I am hoping that they will keep him in for a long time to come. He seems special and willing to learn and work hard. I think Cheryl could make a very respectable dancer out of him. Lots to work with there

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    .....I am also impressed with Chris. I do not know anything at all about WWE but I do think they have some loyal and rabid fans so I am hoping that they will keep him in for a long time to come. He seems special and willing to learn and work hard. I think Cheryl could make a very respectable dancer out of him. Lots to work with there
    Chris has HOARDS of devoted "Y2J" fans, alot of them of the teenaged boy and early twentysomething demographic. I can't imagine many of them having an interest in DWTS, but I've been on some wrestling message boards where a lot of them say they'll watch just for Jericho, and vote for him.

I am pleased with his progress, thus far. Pretty good for a guy whose main duty is to play a "bad guy" in the wrestling ring. Hope he continues to progress.

I'm willing to bet we'll see more professional wrestlers on DWTS after Jericho's appearance.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Chris gave another great performance tonight. Cheryl's starting to win me back over. The kind of rumba she came up with is one that I enjoy watching. Not the whole fake seduction, sexual, romantic goop. Chris really has amazing potential as a dancer, and I wouldn't have guessed it from a wrestler. Which goes to show you never judge a book by its cover.

I liked how concerned Cheryl seemed about Maks, and ran out of the celebquarium along with Tony after him.

It was a joke they were in the bottom two tonight right? I mean the guy has potential and isn't the WWE fan base voting for him even if they don't watch the show?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    It was a joke they were in the bottom two tonight right? I mean the guy has potential and isn't the WWE fan base voting for him even if they don't watch the show?
    As other's have mentioned, it appears to have been a fake bottom 2, i.e., they just stuck him in there with the real bottom 2 contestant, Wendy, just for something to do.

I can only hope that is the case. 'Cause I sure am not ready for Chris to go home any time soon.

I've watched wrestling most of my life. First at the knee of my step-dad and later on the sofa with my three sons... While all of you had posters of Ralph or Jon Bon Jovi or whomever in your teen years, I had posters of the Rock and Roll Express and Shawn Michaels on mine! I've always liked Chris, but their wrestling persona's are roles they play. Now that I'm actually getting to see more of the real Chris...I'm really loving him. I'm also impressed that this big, macho guy doesn't seem to be too embarrassed about having to shake and shimmy and whatever else Cheryl asks of him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I don't buy that the wrestling fan base are voting for him; the internet wrestling community talk a lot of stuff, but most of it is talk. I mean, I'm a wrestling fan who watches the show, and I don't even vote (for anybody, granted I don't a phone), but what does that say about the wrestling fans who don't follow the show.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

They definately stage who stands beside the couple going. They may have put Chris there because he is very good but his votes did not reflect that and wanted to give his fans a wake up call. There is also the gasp factor! They love that.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I don't buy that the wrestling fan base are voting for him; the internet wrestling community talk a lot of stuff, but most of it is talk. I mean, I'm a wrestling fan who watches the show, and I don't even vote (for anybody, granted I don't a phone), but what does that say about the wrestling fans who don't follow the show.

I remember last season some people were voting like crazy for a certian contestant and flooding message boards with ads about voting. A lot of those people never had watched an episode of this show or cared to. I thought the WWE community was set up like that. Thanks for the information.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Thought I'd give Chris and Cheryl some love by bumping their thread...

Anyway, there's was the performance of the night for me last night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast