+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Season 12

I thought his cha cha was a whole lot of nothing last night. I think he danced better than Wendy and Mike, but not by much. Since Cheryl didn't bring much out in him, it was hard to tell whether I liked him or not. He seems...fun, I guess. I still say Cheryl should take a season off. She was one of the pros last night that struck me as looking tired and disconnected. She is looking great, however.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I thought his cha cha was a whole lot of nothing last night. I think he danced better than Wendy and Mike, but not by much. Since Cheryl didn't bring much out in him, it was hard to tell whether I liked him or not. He seems...fun, I guess. I still say Cheryl should take a season off. She was one of the pros last night that struck me as looking tired and disconnected. She is looking great, however.
    Cheryl does a fantastic job dancing around her partner and thereby making him look good. What did he actually do? He looked more like a prop for her than an actual dancing partner to me.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I also thought Cheryl did more dancing around him than having him actually dance. He does seem to have a fun personality, though.

Cheryl does the same choreography with every partner, each and every season, IMO. It's getting pretty boring for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Cheryl does the same choreography with every partner, each and every season, IMO. It's getting pretty boring for me.

Maybe she thinks if it isn't broken why fix it?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Maybe she thinks if it isn't broken why fix it?
    She got more credit than I thought they deserved and, to sound like a broken record, same with Rick last season. So maybe dancing around your partner and turning the routine into a one woman show has something there. Honestly, re-watching that dance, I'm amazed the judges were so positive of it. I think Chris has some potential, but I felt like most of the credit was for Cheryl. Her choreography has gotten stale since she last had Gilles. But that was Gilles I think dancing with a broom as an instructor could have brought the sexy out of him.

I thought their quickstep last night was very good and it truly was a quickstep. Chris was the most improved dancer last night for me and his progress confirmed my admiration for Cheryl as a teacher.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Who is John Galt?

I like Chris Jericho. He has a cute personality and I think he did well last night.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I thought their quickstep last night was very good and it truly was a quickstep. Chris was the most improved dancer last night for me and his progress confirmed my admiration for Cheryl as a teacher.
    ITA! That was a great 'Quickstep'. Cheryl as a choreographer is more of a purist. She sticks to the basics ... to the core of the dance in choreographing a number and then helps her partner in the interpretation to make the number charming and interesting. Chris is talented but 2-3 days of practice time will not be enough for a complete novice like him to learn and master a more complicated routine. Chris is not MelB or Nicole S who reportedly learned and mastered their routines quickly. Cheryl is wise to stick to a method that seemed to have worked well with her past partners so why change now? She's a great intuitive and effective teacher. She did a great job with the awkward Chad Ochocinco ... Wayne Newton (?) and that old politician whose Tango was quite good. She was able to design a number that worked well with her injured partners _ an awesome feat! Look at Chris Jericho _ who would have thought he could pull off that Quickstep with grace and charm? Yes, he is a natural performer but, I doubt, he could have performed that well without Cheryl's effective coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have to agree. His progress was remarkable. His was one of my favorite dances this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast