+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fanatic

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, guys, I thought I was the only one who never found George Lopez at all funny.
    He was just here in Hawaii for a concert, and my sister said it was the filthiest, unfunniest comedy show she's ever heard (and she's been to Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy and others). He got a ridiculously long standing ovation so deafening she thought she would pass out from the noise. He was also incredibly ruse to audience members yelling out compliments to him, telling them to "Shut the F up! Nobody came here to listen to you. They came to hear me."

He's the pig... Leaving his wife who gave him a kidney...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, guys, I thought I was the only one who never found George Lopez at all funny.

I thought Kirstie did really well.
    I could never stand George Lopez. I never could figure out why, but he just bugged me. I felt like he put himself in a higher regard than he was really held by the public. From the few times I've got his sitcom on Nick at Nite, I never got the appeal. Just another family comedy like so many before it, except not funny. What he was about Kirstie was mean spirited and a ploy for attention, but no matter what anyone throws her way in terms of making fun of her weight, she's going to have the last laugh. What he said really went beyond making a jab at her.

George forgot the first rule of comedy a very long time ago: be FUNNY. I never have been a big fan, but now I can't stand him. I happened to have his show on the other night when he talked about Kirstie - I'd been watching Conan earlier and just didn't change the channel, honest! It seemed like the kind of joke a 12 year old boy would tell and we all know how funny their jokes are. Ever since the rumors of George cheating on his wife and then divorcing her, all AFTER she gave him a kidney, he became a total scumbag in my eyes.

Kirstie handled George very well, I thought. Not that he deserved it. His trash talk says more about him than it does about Kirstie.

I'm thrilled that Kirstie did so well and I echo some others in this thread who weren't big fans before this show. Her voice can grate at times and she's a bit too over the top, but I love how seriously she seems to be taking the show AND I like that Maks is looking happy again. After the fiasco that was last season, I wondered if he'd ever get his mojo back again on this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    George forgot the first rule of comedy a very long time ago: be FUNNY. I never have been a big fan, but now I can't stand him. I happened to have his show on the other night when he talked about Kirstie - I'd been watching Conan earlier and just didn't change the channel, honest! It seemed like the kind of joke a 12 year old boy would tell and we all know how funny their jokes are. Ever since the rumors of George cheating on his wife and then divorcing her, all AFTER she gave him a kidney, he became a total scumbag in my eyes.

Kirstie handled George very well, I thought. Not that he deserved it. His trash talk says more about him than it does about Kirstie.

I'm thrilled that Kirstie did so well and I echo some others in this thread who weren't big fans before this show. Her voice can grate at times and she's a bit too over the top, but I love how seriously she seems to be taking the show AND I like that Maks is looking happy again. After the fiasco that was last season, I wondered if he'd ever get his mojo back again on this show.
    I saw last night that George Lopez has now apologized. To me, that is the ultimate cop out. You are apologizing simply because people didn't find it funny, not because you are actually sorry.

I get so irritated, whenever there is an overweight dancer, why does crap about weight have to come into it? Kirstie is 60 years old and she rocked it Monday night. Why the constant need in our society to bring someone down. UGH, sorry, just needed to rant!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Kirstie Alley has always been a favorite of mine. She is witty, and has a no nonsense personality - I like that. She did great! I was impressed. She is still a bit heavy, so I doubt she'll be jumping from the stage onto Maks' shoulders like Erin did (even Maks isn't that strong), but she'll do well if she can physically handle it. That is the biggest problem. She is 60 years old and has had weight problems with yo-yo dieting for years. That doesn't help her stamina. But, she has rhythm and is well coordinated. Go Kirstie (as long as you can without having a heart attack).
    In their intro, Maks said that he couldn't believe Kirstie was 60 years old, so he will be constantly aware that he can physically push her to a certain point but no further. How far is that?
    She is also overweight, so even with the very best attitude in the world, I would suspect that she can only go so far for a while; realistically, that is what I think.
    Nevertheless, props to her! She may not be able to make flying leaps through the air, but she is already putting this petite, middle-aged woman to shame with what she is physically accomplishing. (The mere thought of flying through the air?)

For whatever it is worth, I didn't think Maks and Erin got enough credit for that leap of faith. The judges acted like it was nothing out of the ordinary!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I saw last night that George Lopez has now apologized. To me, that is the ultimate cop out. You are apologizing simply because people didn't find it funny, not because you are actually sorry.

I get so irritated, whenever there is an overweight dancer, why does crap about weight have to come into it? Kirstie is 60 years old and she rocked it Monday night. Why the constant need in our society to bring someone down. UGH, sorry, just needed to rant!!
    Kirstie isn't having any of it. Don't get on her bad side. Here's the broadside she fired at GL this morning via Twitter:
    @georgelopez I don't need or want ur apology...I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back
    What ever happened to funny comedians anyway. I remember when good comics used to be funny without being insulting or hurtful to anyone. Remember Bill Cosby's humor - that was talent. Many of today's comics try to get by on being crude and rude - and they usually aren't funny when they do it. I'm glad Kirstie is calling him on it.

@georgelopez I don't need or want ur apology...I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back

Good for her! I think he's a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Good for her! I think he's a jerk
    Yay Kirstie!! Now that's funny.....and deserved.

FORT Newbie

This was the team that shocked me the most this past Monday in a good way. Can't wait to see there quickstep! Go Kirstie and Maksim!

I was truly entertained by her dance. She and Ralph were just fun to watch. I was really impressed by K's footwork. Smooth.

+ Reply to Thread