+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Just to clarify on a), Maks didn't agree to it but learned after the fact that Willa was just trying to make her ex jealous by hooking up with him, and it worked.

And regarding d), we have no way of knowing whether Maks ever considered Joni his girlfriend, or whether Joni ever considered Maks her boyfriend until one of them comes forward and acknowledges it.
    I didn't even realize Willa/Maks really hooked up. I thought it was just a desperate ploy by the show to create romance rumors. They should have focused all their attention on Mario/Karina, something really was happening there I remember that video package where Willa/Maks did their rumba, and it showed them on the beach and the show was obviously trying to throw a romantic feel on all of it. Thinking back to the early seasons, I wonder how some contestants would fare nowadays. Those that went really far, and those who went early. Would it be the other way around now, with the way the scoring goes and producer manipulation?

What I take away from it is that he is not married, nor is Cheryl, if it is indeed she. What any of them choose to do in their personal lives that is not criminal behavior is their own business. Fewer gossip columnists passing themselves off as journalists would help.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What I take away from it is that he is not married, nor is Cheryl, if it is indeed she. What any of them choose to do in their personal lives that is not criminal behavior is their own business. Fewer gossip columnists passing themselves off as journalists would help.
    Agreed. And contending that he's some wily Lothario taking advantage of helpless maidens implies that women are victims and unable to fend for themselves, and that is a stance I just cannot tolerate.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Or a really lucky fan, whichever it may be I think Maks is a good catch. Following him all these years, and believing that the whole bad boy image is really just a running joke at this point, I believe he's sincere about wanting to settle down and start a family. I can't blame him for taking opportunities that come his way, and since I don't know specifics won't call him a hypocrite for it. He can change and change his mind on his views of things. To each their own. I just hope the rumors of him not returning next season aren't true It won't be the same, though since he's had 3 good seasons in a row, making the finals twice, I'm not sure he'll get the best partner next time.

Amen sista!

IMO it looks like Cheryl or her twin.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

YouTube - ‪Maksim Chmerkovskiy 'The Bachelor' Ukraine - After The Final Rose - Part 10 of 10‬‏

Maks was back in the Ukraine earlier this week to film the After the Final Rose show. I haven't seen complete translations, but it didn't seem to go very well. Maks ended up walking out at the end. It seems like the girls, and the host, were being quite brutal to him and cutting him down (from the bits of translations I had seen). The girl who finished third seemed to be especially bitter. I'm sure a lot of it was editing, and egging on by the producers. They may have been bitter that it was already leaked the relationship between him and Sasha didn't work out before the show even started, and that he was photographed last weekend in Vegas kissing Cheryl. But I read the show was very successful, and there's going to be another season.

Not knowing the language either, I did see the F3 elimination and the older model type threw a fur coat over her shoulders and continued to rant as she was being ushered into the car. No tears for her. I can see that she would still hold a grudge - no American adventure for her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Not knowing the language either, I did see the F3 elimination and the older model type threw a fur coat over her shoulders and continued to rant as she was being ushered into the car. No tears for her. I can see that she would still hold a grudge - no American adventure for her.
    I did see the translation for that one. That girl called Maks an a*****e, I think she called his parents the same, said he was a liar, refused to let him explain, and said she didn't want to get engaged in the s****y city of Paris anyway; that she'd rather be engaged in Honduras. Despite earlier in the episode hint hinting to Maks it was her dream to get engaged in Paris. Not sure what the city did to offend her in so little time She was one of the ones at the end who seemed to really be giving it to Maks at the ATFR. Just judging by reactions, the host looked surprised, the girl Maks picked (and then broke up with), and the third place witch, seemed to sort of get pleasure out of Maks getting so worked up. Someone who translated under the Youtube video said Maks told the girls he put them through enough pain and misery, and didn't need to be in their lives anymore. This is why I don't watch our version And why I feel sorry for Maks. I believe his feelings are for real, that he really did feel bad hurting these girls (he said it hurt him the third place girl wouldn't let him talk to her after the elimination). I can see why he said he'd never do this again, wouldn't have done it if he knew what he was getting himself into, and that it was like being back in high school. Those girls seemed mean!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I did see the translation for that one. That girl called Maks an a*****e, I think she called his parents the same, said he was a liar, refused to let him explain, and said she didn't want to get engaged in the s****y city of Paris anyway; that she'd rather be engaged in Honduras. Despite earlier in the episode hint hinting to Maks it was her dream to get engaged in Paris. Not sure what the city did to offend her in so little time She was one of the ones at the end who seemed to really be giving it to Maks at the ATFR. Just judging by reactions, the host looked surprised, the girl Maks picked (and then broke up with), and the third place witch, seemed to sort of get pleasure out of Maks getting so worked up. Someone who translated under the Youtube video said Maks told the girls he put them through enough pain and misery, and didn't need to be in their lives anymore. This is why I don't watch our version And why I feel sorry for Maks. I believe his feelings are for real, that he really did feel bad hurting these girls (he said it hurt him the third place girl wouldn't let him talk to her after the elimination). I can see why he said he'd never do this again, wouldn't have done it if he knew what he was getting himself into, and that it was like being back in high school. Those girls seemed mean!
    I agree. Judging from what little I was able to understand based on watching with the equivalent of no audio, and relying on the translations provided, it was pretty clear to me that none of the women were what Maks was looking for in a partner, and he probably realized that pretty early on, but was contracted to play it out anyway. Most of the women were just too young IMO! And some were certainly mostly interested in getting exposure (or maybe a free, extended trip to the US), especially the ones carrying on now as if they are auditioning for some dramatic role in a new film. I suspect Maks was physically attracted to the 2 bitchy ones, and sincerely liked as friends Yara, Ilona and Marina, but that was it. He probably could have eliminated them in whatever order the producers wanted, to get maximum drama, since he seemed to know that he was just going through the motions for quite a while, but I'm sure he did not want to choose Yana at the end just to dump her immediately because he didn't want to hurt her that much. I'm sure he knew Sasha was no more serious about the whole thing than he was, and would consider a free vacation in LA a fair deal for her trouble.

I hope at least that Maks' parents enjoyed their free European vacation. He earned it for them, with the abuse the show is now apparently heaping on him, all the while the producers must be thrilled at what a ratings success the show was.

Google Translate

Looks like Maks not only took a beating by the ladies, but got into a fight by a jealous patron.

+ Reply to Thread