+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

I agree on the sizes all over the map. I own sizes ranging from 4 to 8! It all depends on where I buy them. AND my size 8 Banana Republic jeans fit exactlly like a size 6 in another brand. My t-shirts range from small to large.

Kirstie is looking fabulous. I am amazed at how much she has lost in her legs!
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-12-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I wear a size 2, but I'm very short and NOT skinny. I remember trying on a size 0 years ago at a Nordstrum and it was bigger than a size 6 I had in my closet that was a few years old. Sizes are all over the map. I had a size 8 I bought YEARS ago that was smaller than a newer size 2. Ehh Sizes mean nothing in reality.
    If you are a size 2, then you ARE skinny.

I'm 5'1 and am trying hard to get back into my size 4 jeans. Almost there! I'd love to be back in to my 2's, but at 48, I think that may be a lofty goal lol.

It is funny how sizes can go all over, but I think with jeans anyway, they pretty much run the same no matter the designer. Dresses however, might be a different story.

I agree sizes are all over the place. I normally wear a size 3 in Aero jeans. I bought a pair of size 2 white capris there last week; I can't even get them buttomed yet my jeans from the same company still fit.

The thing here & my point is; yes Kirstie lost weight & she looks great. Even better is that she is 60. It was her camp or DWTS that had to of released a statement that Kirstie was now a size 4. Instead of putting a number out there what should have been said was dancing is a great way to lose weight & that Kirstie lost a few pounds doing the show. Don't say a size. That just opens up the floodgates to scrunity.
    Yes I am guilty of it & I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I agree sizes are all over the place. I normally wear a size 3 in Aero jeans. I bought a pair of size 2 white capris there last week; I can't even get them buttomed yet my jeans from the same company still fit.

The thing here & my point is; yes Kirstie lost weight & she looks great. Even better is that she is 60. It was her camp or DWTS that had to of released a statement that Kirstie was now a size 4. Instead of putting a number out there what should have been said was dancing is a great way to lose weight & that Kirstie lost a few pounds doing the show. Don't say a size. That just opens up the floodgates to scrunity.
    Yes I am guilty of it & I apologize.
    We all know how the media and the PR industry in general can exaggerate or spin a bit of truth for maximum effect. Kirstie being able to squeeze into one loose fit style, stretchy fabric blouse in a size 4 could translate into "Kirstie is now wearing a size 4".

I agree she looks great, and the weight is MUCH harder to lose at 60, so kudos to her.

So back to dancing. I would love Kirstie and Ralph as final 2. Don't think it is going to happen, but a girl can dream!

FORT Fogey

She was just on TV saying that she started at size 12 and her goal is size 6. She is not there yet.

I would love to see Kirstie in the finals. Len gives her kudos on her foot work each week. That is a huge part of any dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    So back to dancing.

Thanks, Allie!

I would love Kirstie and Ralph as final 2. Don't think it is going to happen, but a girl can dream!
    That's my dreamteam for the final two, too!

I'd love to see Kirstie and Hines in F2....but if Ralph was there with her, I'd be totally fine with that
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    She was just on TV saying that she started at size 12 and her goal is size 6. She is not there yet.

I would love to see Kirstie in the finals. Len gives her kudos on her foot work each week. That is a huge part of any dance.
    Ain't no way Kirstie was a size 12. I say 16-18. Size 6 would be anorexic for a woman of her height and bone structure. She should aim for 8 or 10...IMO, of course.

FORT Fogey

Ain't no way Kirstie was a size 12. I say 16-18. Size 6 would be anorexic for a woman of her height and bone structure. She should aim for 8 or 10...IMO, of course.
    ITA. Kirstie and I are the same age and height. I wear a 16 so I know there's no way she's wearing a 12, even if she's Spanx'd from her chest to her ankles. Her thighs and backside are way bigger than mine, and yes I know the camera makes you look bigger, but that doesn't entirely account for the difference.

And I agree, an 8-10 is more realistic for her age/height and IMO she'd look great. At her age, losing the amount of weight to get to a size 6 would not be pretty for her face. Sure, there's always plastic surgery, but I think people have really appreciated that she looks like herself at this age, unlike so many who've had work done.

Quoting the actress Catherine Deneuve: "When you get older, you have to be ready to trade your ass for your face."

+ Reply to Thread