+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

REF. post upthread that said Kendra was rooting for Kirstie. I also heard that and I think that Kendra can relate to Kirstie since Kirstie has been a single mom for awhile. Kendra's mom raised Kendra and her brother alone and Kendra feels admiration for mother's who do that. (I don't know the details of Kirstie's children's fathers, except they have not been seen around a lot.)

Also, Kirstie has suffered with her weight issues and Kendra suffered that too as it took her awhile to lose the baby weight after having little Hank. She took that really hard. So, I think that she really relates to Kirstie.

I hope Kirstie really pulls out a great number tonight! If she goes home, I don't think I'll continue to watch the show. Not to be mean, but I don't think it will be very interesting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Amazing performance tonight! I didn't think Kirstie had it in her to do something like that, especially after watching the rehearsal clips. Even though I already knew she pulled it off by following along, that was pretty convincing. And given all her mishaps, I'm sure a lot of people were waiting for Maks to drop her or something to go wrong. I never expected Kirstie to make it this far, or to keep holding up. She's almost to the finals, and I hope she can keep up with the multiple dances. She and Maks have been an amazing partnership this season. I will really miss them when this season is over.

Kirstie and Maks Argentine Tango was excellent and near perfect, but their salsa dance wasn't that great! However, I am not too worried about them being eliminated yet.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

OMG! THat's all I can say. Kirstie surpassed my wildest imagination of how well she could do! All those pickups! She sailed around light as a feather. It seemed to be so easy to lift her. PLus her footwork was spot on! I'm so happy for her. I think she will survive the cut tonight, but even if she doesn't, she has won the hearts of so many fans. Now that's entertainment!

I'm still praying that she stays as well as Ralph. I really hope Chelsea goes, despite her being perfect and having big scores. She does nothing for me. THe other dancers I like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REF. post upthread that said Kendra was rooting for Kirstie. I also heard that and I think that Kendra can relate to Kirstie since Kirstie has been a single mom for awhile. Kendra's mom raised Kendra and her brother alone and Kendra feels admiration for mother's who do that. (I don't know the details of Kirstie's children's fathers, except they have not been seen around a lot.)

Also, Kirstie has suffered with her weight issues and Kendra suffered that too as it took her awhile to lose the baby weight after having little Hank. She took that really hard. So, I think that she really relates to Kirstie.

I hope Kirstie really pulls out a great number tonight! If she goes home, I don't think I'll continue to watch the show. Not to be mean, but I don't think it will be very interesting.
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Kristie's kids have one father, her ex-husband, Parker Stevenson. He is around and in their lives, just not into publicity anymore. And quite frankly, you don't really see Kristie out with her kids very much - I think they both work very hard to shield them from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Kristie's kids have one father, her ex-husband, Parker Stevenson. He is around and in their lives, just not into publicity anymore. And quite frankly, you don't really see Kristie out with her kids very much - I think they both work very hard to shield them from the public.
    Yes, I found that Parker Stevenson and she adopted two children. She and Parker divorced in 1997. I used to love that guy. He was quite the heartthrobe in the day and I remember thinking how lucky she was. He starred on the tv show about the Harty Brothers and Nancy Drew or something like that.

I didn't mean that he was not in his children's lives. I just recall seeing Kirstie as a single mom on her reality show and knew she has been single for a long time. Nothing against Parker.

Kirstie and Parker are the adoptive parents to their two children and have joint custody.

Parker not only starred in The Hardy Boys Mysteries with Shaun Cassidy, but he was also on the first season of Baywatch and later came back to reprise his role after the divorce. The divorce was a bitter one.

I recall seeing her two children on her reality show, but I never saw Parker.

Loved Kirstie's AT last night, I believe it was her best dance and my fave of the night.

Apparently, Kirstie tweeted that they have the encore dance tonight. Must be for their AT. Finally!!!

I am really getting excited about tonight's show. I love them all, especially Kirstie and Maks! Another site had an interview with her last night and she is now down to a smoking size 2 - 4! Way to go for a 60 year old. I guess I just missed that last night or maybe it was the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I am really getting excited about tonight's show. I love them all, especially Kirstie and Maks! Another site had an interview with her last night and she is now down to a smoking size 2 - 4! Way to go for a 60 year old. I guess I just missed that last night or maybe it was the costume.
    There is no way she is down to a size 2 - 4.
    The camera would really have to be adding way, way more weight than it does.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread