+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 421

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

  1. #241
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    From their media appearances and packages, it seems like all is well. By this point in the game, the couples have been forced into intimacy just by sharing physical space. It's almost like being in a relationship, a line that always seems blurred on this show. For as much as Maks and Kirstie adore each other, I think that any reference romance between them might be used by Maks and Kirstie to keep people intrigued. It worked fabulously for Maks and Erin. Anyway, like any relationship, I think that they're now more comfortable with each other and probably talk more like peer-to-peer once he got over Kirstie's star status. As friends, they probably regularly communicate and fight like Maks does with all of his partners.

    I do expect her to make the finals unless she really can't keep up with two dances per week.
    I agree. Maks was pretty starstruck at first, but romance - c'mon! There is nearly 30 years difference in their ages. She is probably older than his mother. Flirting is one thing, but a physical relationship is really ewww! (And, I am older than she is). She's is quite beyond a cougar with Maks.

    That being said, she is a good dancer and a natural at it. Their repartee is great (she can really handle him and doesn't get offended by his tough-guy personality). As far as dress size - Size 6 - ridiculous, more like a 16. I wear a 10 and I am half her size. Although, very expensive clothes run a lot larger (probably to make more Reubenesque women feel better).

  2. #242
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Kirstie looks good, but no way is she in a size 6! If she's in a size 6, then I wear a -2.

    Love her, but someone is mistaken in their knowledge of dress sizes.

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I agree. Maks was pretty starstruck at first, but romance - c'mon! There is nearly 30 years difference in their ages. She is probably older than his mother. Flirting is one thing, but a physical relationship is really ewww! (And, I am older than she is). She's is quite beyond a cougar with Maks.

    That being said, she is a good dancer and a natural at it. Their repartee is great (she can really handle him and doesn't get offended by his tough-guy personality). As far as dress size - Size 6 - ridiculous, more like a 16. I wear a 10 and I am half her size. Although, very expensive clothes run a lot larger (probably to make more Reubenesque women feel better).
    His parents married as teenagers, and I know his father turned 50 last year, so yeah, she's about 10 years older than his mom. And although she looks great for her age and acts much younger, from what we know of Maks, he wants to get married and have babies, so the idea that he would be looking to pursue something with Kirstie (or worse, want to just have a fling with her) is pretty ridiculous IMO.

    As somebody mentioned, A LOT of Kirstie's weight is in her legs, so I bet she does wear a smaller size than her weight would normally indicate. Not a 6, but she could, with proper undergarments, probably squeeze herself into a 10 right now. The samba costume was the first one she wore where I could really notice the weight loss.

  4. #244
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,666

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    His parents married as teenagers, and I know his father turned 50 last year, so yeah, she's about 10 years older than his mom. And although she looks great for her age and acts much younger, from what we know of Maks, he wants to get married and have babies, so the idea that he would be looking to pursue something with Kirstie (or worse, want to just have a fling with her) is pretty ridiculous IMO.

    As somebody mentioned, A LOT of Kirstie's weight is in her legs, so I bet she does wear a smaller size than her weight would normally indicate. Not a 6, but she could, with proper undergarments, probably squeeze herself into a 10 right now. The samba costume was the first one she wore where I could really notice the weight loss.

    She may carry weight in her legs, but there's no way she's going to get her bust into a traditional department store size six either. I'm not being critical--I'm just being realistic.

  5. #245
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Fingers crossed for Kirstie and Maks tonight that they hit it out of the park. All their fans need to vote so they are not in the bottom 3 again. I hardly watch til they are on the screen. They just make me smile watching them dance. And Kirstie, at 60, looks and acts 10-15 years younger. They are having fun and it comes through on the screen. Go Maks and Kirstie!!!!!


    I like them too. I would love to see these two make it to the last three. Lets face it, the shoe-ins have already been picked out. However, it would be nice for a change to see fun people and a fun pro win instead of the same pros and their partner.

  6. #246
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    I want to see Kirstie and Ralph in F2. I've just jinxed both of them, but I held it in as long as I could ...

    I don't care what size she says she is ... I enjoy watching her interact on the show and love that she refuses to do "granny dances".
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #247
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I want to see Kirstie and Ralph in F2. I've just jinxed both of them, but I held it in as long as I could ...

    I don't care what size she says she is ... I enjoy watching her interact on the show and love that she refuses to do "granny dances".
    I figure with as much dislike as I have toward Mark, he'll win. That's just my luck I hesitated putting a pic of Romeo/Chelsie as my avatar just because I didn't want to jinx them. Always seems like I have the kiss of death for my favorites.

  8. #248
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2
    I agree. Maks was pretty starstruck at first, but romance - c'mon! There is nearly 30 years difference in their ages. She is probably older than his mother. Flirting is one thing, but a physical relationship is really ewww! (And, I am older than she is). She's is quite beyond a cougar with Maks.
    I agree. Maks was pretty starstruck at first, but romance - c'mon! There is nearly 30 years difference in their ages. She is probably older than his mother. Flirting is one thing, but a physical relationship is really ewww! (And, I am older than she is). She's is quite beyond a cougar with Maks.

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    His parents married as teenagers, and I know his father turned 50 last year, so yeah, she's about 10 years older than his mom. And although she looks great for her age and acts much younger, from what we know of Maks, he wants to get married and have babies, so the idea that he would be looking to pursue something with Kirstie (or worse, want to just have a fling with her) is pretty ridiculous IMO.

    As somebody mentioned, A LOT of Kirstie's weight is in her legs, so I bet she does wear a smaller size than her weight would normally indicate. Not a 6, but she could, with proper undergarments, probably squeeze herself into a 10 right now. The samba costume was the first one she wore where I could really notice the weight loss.
    Thank you, you two. Love reading sensible posts by people who tell it like it is.

    Maks' mom had him when she was barely 15 and is only 46, which makes her 14 years Kirstie Alley's junior! Maks' dad, as you correctly stated, turned 50 last year, which makes Kirstie a cougar for Maks' dad!!! She'd be an entirely different specie for Maks.

    I think the chemistry between them is charming, but unlike what he had with Erin, it has no hint whatsoever of romance to it. To think otherwise is delusional, in my opinion. Not to be disrespectful, but I think the shipping is being driven by women of a certain age who see Kirstie having a fabulous time with a sexy 31 year old hunk, and are living vicariously through her. But c'mon, there is no way Maks would be interested in her (romantically or sexually). That's just the truth.

    My first post here. Long time lurker. Excited to finally join in the fun.
    Last edited by KrazyDelaney; 04-28-2011 at 04:19 AM.

  9. #249
    Go CATS!!!! mandmmom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,780

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    I am built sorta like Kirstie where my weight is in my legs and butt with smaller at top. I am a size 10 and half her size....and if I am dillusional enough to think I'm half her size and am her size then I have some serious weight loss (not just 20lbs) ahead of me and I need to up my work out to run 6 miles a day instead of 3 miles and add another day or two of weight training. Not that she looks bad but I can't see her being a size 10.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

  10. #250
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,666

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I am built sorta like Kirstie where my weight is in my legs and butt with smaller at top. I am a size 10 and half her size....and if I am dillusional enough to think I'm half her size and am her size then I have some serious weight loss (not just 20lbs) ahead of me and I need to up my work out to run 6 miles a day instead of 3 miles and add another day or two of weight training. Not that she looks bad but I can't see her being a size 10.
    I'm in agreement here. There's no way she's a six unless the camera adds a whole lot more than ten pounds or sizes run much differently in Hollywood boutiques than they do in J. C. Penney's or Kohl's.

    I give Kirstie a lot of credit for her work on the show, and I like her and Maks as a team, but there's no way she's a six. If I remember correctly, Kelly Osborne said she was wearing a larger size than that when she was on the show, and Kirstie's definitely bigger than Kelly was in her season.

    Incidentally, I love that Kelly has said she's reached a healthy weight for her size, is pleased with that, and is not interested in losing any more weight. She and her brother have both done a good job of turning their lives around after some unhappy adolescent times.

    Somehow I also think that if someone asked Kirstie if she wore a standard department store size six, she'd laugh out loud. She doesn't seem like someone who denies what size she wears or lies about her weight.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.