+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 421

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

  1. #141
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,059

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Self deprecation is definitely a defense mechanism. If you make fun of yourself, you take away the ability for others to do it first. I know Kirstie has struggled with her weight, but don't most women at some point in their lives? Some are just genetic freaks of nature and remain thin their whole lives. Others struggle at some point...when they get older, when they give birth, when they are stressed, because of medical conditions, etc .....Anyhoo...fat jokes are right up there with racist jokes for me. Who wants to live in a world where everyone is the same...cookie cutter...thin, beautiful, ugh. Boring.

    And Joan Rivers has no room to bash anyone. Logically she should look like the crypt keeper by now but she has more plastic than the Barbie aisle at ToysRUs.

    Frankly, I don't think Kirstie looks bad. She looks healthier than most of the supermodels you see teetering up the catwalk.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Regarding the fall, I really think that Maks lost his balance. If he wasn't on his center, he may have fallen without a partner; with a partner, who he was essentially carrying, he'd fall if he didn't plant himself. He even talked about it when he and Erin did that crazy AT lift in season 10. It's not about Kirstie's weight; it was about his balance. Maybe it was just a cramp...I do hope that we see their rumba in the finals.

    On another note, did Maks not pick someone on his season of the Ukraine Bachelor? I thought he picked Sasha. Anyway, he seems fairly unattached based on his Twitter comments, etc. He and Karina also seem to be managing each other's presence very well this season; that's a good thing since it's likely that they'll be in each other's company for a loooong time unless there's some crazy shock.

  3. #143
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    The pairing just makes me smile. They genuinely like each other, so it's refreshing to watch them together.

    I hope that the injury was less serious, because Maks would be one to downplay it. I'm quite looking forward to their next routine.

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Right when it happened and as soon as Maks said that his thigh went out, I thought it was probably a cramp. We've all had them in the thigh or the calf, and when it happens, your leg does just collapse until you can work it out. I am so happy that it seems to be just that and we'll continue to see Maks and Kirstie dancing together.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    The pairing just makes me smile. They genuinely like each other, so it's refreshing to watch them together.

    I hope that the injury was less serious, because Maks would be one to downplay it. I'm quite looking forward to their next routine.
    I expect to hear they remain in contact and have a true and lasting friendship. The chemistry is palpable. Not romantic, just a mutual love and adoration for each other.

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I expect to hear they remain in contact and have a true and lasting friendship. The chemistry is palpable. Not romantic, just a mutual love and adoration for each other.
    I agree... I'm enjoying watching Maks and Kirstie together as much as I loved watching Maks and Erin together, they have an amazing chemistry... not the same kind of chemistry... but it's there nonetheless
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    It's funny that as the biggest "get" of the season and one of the biggest stars to do the show, Kirstie seems devoid of drama, whining and ego. The rehearsal footage I've seen shows someone who's game for just about anything - as long as she can get her breath. I've enjoyed many of Maks' partnerships but this may be my all-time favorite! (And this is coming from someone who has NOT been a Kirstie fan in the past!)

  8. #148
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Regarding the fall, I really think that Maks lost his balance. If he wasn't on his center, he may have fallen without a partner; with a partner, who he was essentially carrying, he'd fall if he didn't plant himself. He even talked about it when he and Erin did that crazy AT lift in season 10. It's not about Kirstie's weight; it was about his balance. Maybe it was just a cramp...I do hope that we see their rumba in the finals.

    On another note, did Maks not pick someone on his season of the Ukraine Bachelor? I thought he picked Sasha. Anyway, he seems fairly unattached based on his Twitter comments, etc. He and Karina also seem to be managing each other's presence very well this season; that's a good thing since it's likely that they'll be in each other's company for a loooong time unless there's some crazy shock.
    The Ukraine Bachelor is currently airing right now, so it's possibly he's seeming unattached just because he doesn't want to give anything away. I know that's the Ukraine, this is the US, but maybe spoiler news travels fast over there, too If you believe the rumors, he still had a girlfriend while he did the show and did it just for the money. Not sure if I believe that, since an interview I read with Maks regarding the show made it sound like he had to at least propose to someone. Whether they got married or not would be another story. He does seem like the old Maks from his days with Erin and especially Mel B. I think he needed a partner like Kirstie. One who's going to respect him and listen to him as a teacher, but also respect herself and stand up to him if she felt she couldn't do something. They seem to be having so much fun. I'm really glad Kirstie made such a positive impression and became the surprise of the season. I never had anything against her, I just always found her personality to be a little too much and grating at times. But I'm really enjoying her every week, and hope she continues to do well. I'd love to see her in the finals. It'd be great to see Maks finally win, and especially win with someone like Kirstie.


    Self deprecation is definitely a defense mechanism. If you make fun of yourself, you take away the ability for others to do it first. I know Kirstie has struggled with her weight, but don't most women at some point in their lives? Some are just genetic freaks of nature and remain thin their whole lives. Others struggle at some point...when they get older, when they give birth, when they are stressed, because of medical conditions, etc .....Anyhoo...fat jokes are right up there with racist jokes for me. Who wants to live in a world where everyone is the same...cookie cutter...thin, beautiful, ugh. Boring.
    I couldn't have said it better. If Kirstie wants to poke fun at herself-that's fine. I've seen Chelsea Handler making some cracks at her expense, but I don't think they've crossed the line like George Lopez did. I just think the society we live in, with some much emphasis on material possessions and looking good, plastic surgery, being thin, not to mention all the stories of cyber bullying and issues kids have in schools...if you've ever seen hidden camera shows where they set up an overweight, purposely made under woman and a thin, attractive woman, to see who can get the attention and help from bystanders with whatever sceanrio they're put in, we see who those always tend to help more.

  9. #149
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    It's funny that as the biggest "get" of the season and one of the biggest stars to do the show, Kirstie seems devoid of drama, whining and ego. The rehearsal footage I've seen shows someone who's game for just about anything - as long as she can get her breath. I've enjoyed many of Maks' partnerships but this may be my all-time favorite! (And this is coming from someone who has NOT been a Kirstie fan in the past!)
    I agree. She is a professional, confident and having fun. I appreciate her presence and wit. She has set the bar very high for healthy attitude.

    Compare this to Kate and her moods, tears and freak outs!

  10. #150
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

    What @kirstiealley and I look like after 'shoegate' incident.... M is!!! Maksim Chmerkovskiy's photos | Plixi

    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.