+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 12

I hope Maks's injury is not too bad. I was scared for him when I saw his leg buckle. Their recovery was the best I've ever seen. Normally a celeb will lose focus when that happens, but they stayed focused and nailed it.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I too was impressed with how quickly they recovered, focused and completed their dance. Bravo!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have so much respect for them. Man, that takes courage to fall and continue. Has that ever happened to anyone before?
    Injury wise, Cristian de la Fuente hurt his arm during his season 6 samba. Right towards the end of the routine, you could tell something was wrong, because he stopped dancing and shook his arm. He tried to continue, but at the end I think he was supposed to bring Cheryl in, and he almost fell, and she fell. The judges gave him credit for trying to finish for Cheryl. I can't remember what was wrong, but he was able to complete the season, he just had to wear a brace on his arm.

In season 5, Jennie Garth tripped right at the end of her quick step (or Derek tripped over her dress as he was swinging her to the ground for the finish-I can't remember). It wasn't a huge deal, but it was noticeable. Also, during season 8 Chelsie slipped during her foxtrot with Ty Murray. That's another good example of how to handle a flub like that; she slipped, he didn't miss a beat and helped get her right back up.

Also, Lance Bass fell and recovered in Season 7. That was the same season that Misty-May Trainer (partnered with Maks) withdrew due to an injury.

FORT Fogey

I posted a recent interview from Maks in Show Discussion Thread. He's fine and addresses what happened to him, basically a very bad charlie horse in his thigh. He said he's fine now.

I bet they got at least top 3 highest votes last night. Never knew that story of Kirstie losing her mom and her dad being gravely injured in a car accident, when Kirstie was such a young woman. It was sad and how she kept it together last night shows what a strong woman she is.

Maks seemed like he never even got hurt the night before. Did you see him doing a little dance as the credits rolled tonight. He would not have been able to do that if it was a serious injury.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Injury wise, Cristian de la Fuente hurt his arm during his season 6 samba. Right towards the end of the routine, you could tell something was wrong, because he stopped dancing and shook his arm. He tried to continue, but at the end I think he was supposed to bring Cheryl in, and he almost fell, and she fell. The judges gave him credit for trying to finish for Cheryl. I can't remember what was wrong, but he was able to complete the season, he just had to wear a brace on his arm.
    Cristian's injury was pretty gruesome. He ruptured a tendon in his left biceps muscle, which means that it tore free from the bone. *shivers* If I remember correctly, he had surgery to reconnect the muscle really soon after the season finale.

As a former dancer, I was trained to get back up and keep going after a fall. I was really lucky not to have anything like that happen in stage, but it becomes ingrained in you to keep going. Kudos to Kirstie for getting right back into the routine - I'm sure that's a testament to Maks as well. He said exactly what Kirstie needed to hear to keep dancing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think Maks and Kirstie are adorable together. It is so nice to see a pair that genuinely like each other and are having so much fun but at the same time Kirstie is doing an amazing job with the dances. I am the same age and about the same size (maybe a little larger) thank Kirstie and man if I could move my body and look that great doing it I would be smiling like that cat that ate the canary. They are going to be the couple I will be most looking forward to watching this season. No matter where it goes they will make it fun.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

I heard that Max's injury was more of a "Charlie Horse" / cramp than a muscle strain.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    I think Maks and Kirstie are adorable together. It is so nice to see a pair that genuinely like each other and are having so much fun but at the same time Kirstie is doing an amazing job with the dances. I am the same age and about the same size (maybe a little larger) thank Kirstie and man if I could move my body and look that great doing it I would be smiling like that cat that ate the canary. They are going to be the couple I will be most looking forward to watching this season. No matter where it goes they will make it fun.
    I agree. Kirsty's confidence, humor and ease with it all shows her years of experience in front of the camera. It is clear that they are having fun and Mak adores her.

+ Reply to Thread