+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

Who is John Galt?

Re: Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 12

Personally, I like this guy's personality and wit. Of course, the fact that he is hot helps. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as Wendy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Personally, I like this guy's personality and wit. Of course, the fact that he is hot helps. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as Wendy.
    I really like Tony, so I feel badly agreeing with you; however, I think this couple danced better than Tony and Wendy.
    However, I didn't know who he was, and I am afraid that the fact that he is "hot" won't keep him on if his scores are extremely low and his fanbase is as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I viewed Mike as hot until he opened his mouth and then he lost it for me. Add that to Lacey who I think could be the female version of him and that's a duo I don't want to get behind (not to mention all the rumors leaking out now about these two possibly hooking up). As I put in Wendy's thread, maybe it came down to the two different dances as to why they got scored only a point apart. Which really isn't the end of the world, Mike might have been a tad better Wendy but not any better than anyone else.

Here's an interview from Mike about this week. Probably because I want him gone first, I'll still say he might sneak by this week just because. I guess we'll see how Monday goes, and if Tom hints anything on Tuesday about whether or not there's a shocking elimination.

Dancing's Mike Catherwood: I Don't Think I Was the Worst - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Dancing's Mike Catherwood: I Don't Think I Was the Worst
    Mar 24, 2011 10:00 PM ET
    by Joyce Eng4 Comments

"Psycho Mike" Catherwood may have gotten the lowest score — a 13 — on Dancing with the Stars this week, but he's not letting it bring him down. "I'm using it to kick up my focus a notch," he tells TVGuide.com. "I know I'm not going to be the world's best dancer, but I'll just use it for fuel this week in rehearsal and try to be a lot better and blow their socks off on Monday. I'm probably not capable of doing that, but it's a good way of keeping me motivated." Still, the Loveline radio host doesn't think he was the worst dancer of the night.

How did you feel when you got your score?
    Mike Catherwood: I was obviously disappointed. I'm well aware that [dancing's] the thing I'm worst at and to get out there and do it in probably the most public forum is a personal victory. Even though I know I'm not a very good dancer, I still want to do well. Every time you do anything in life, you at least try for success. Getting the lowest score ... hurts your pride a little bit.

How did you feel performing it?Catherwood: I felt fine. Once you get past the overwhelming nature of the show, you just have fun with it. You have a full band and everything just seems so grandiose that it can take you away from what you're there to do, which is to have fun and dance and be crappy for entertainment's sake! But I can come away from it, saying this honestly to myself, that I don't think I was the worst dancer of the night. Just because you have the lowest score, that doesn't mean you were the worst dancer. Lacey [Schwimmer] has been doing this a long time and said: "Look, it's not about how great you dance because everybody knows you're not a great dancer. Most people watching at home are not professional dancers. They want to root for someone they like, so you have that going for you." That's what she thinks.

Did she give you any more pep talks for next week, or are you just trying to move forward and forget about it?
    Catherwood: Yeah, we're just trying to move on. Lacey doesn't think about it at all. I'm totally thinking about it. It almost angers me that they gave me that low a score, so I'll just use it as motivation. The rehearsals can get grueling. But also, our new dance, the jive, is a lot more suited to me as a person. It's fast-paced and energetic and I can mask my lack of posture and grace. It's going to be a jive-y jive like you've never seen before. Also — not that it's a bad song, but I'm not really into [our foxtrot song] Mike Posner's "Cooler Than Me," but I'm in love with the song I'm dancing to next week. I was pumped when I found out. It's a little more rockin' and I'm happy.

Has posture been the hardest?
    Catherwood: Yeah, learning the steps and to stay on rhythm is not that hard; it's being able to look like a dancer — holding the posture and presenting yourself in a graceful manner. I don't want to say it's impossible, but it's so foreign. It seems to me that no matter how hard I work at it, I'm not that guy. I was watching Mark [Ballas] and Chelsea [Kane] do their foxtrot and I'm looking at him like, "There will never be a point in my life where I can move that gracefully." I feel like if I quit my job today and devoted my life to becoming a violin player, I can become a classically trained violinist. But I feel like if I devoted the rest of my life to being a dancer, I still won't be a good dancer. I'm trying my best, but I don't really have any hopes of taking home the Mirrorball.

You don't often hear that.

Catherwood: [Laughs] I'm a realist. I don't think it's impossible, but I also don't think it's probable. I have a greater chance of winning that than the Super Bowl, but it doesn't mean that I will. And for instance, Kirstie [Alley], she really wants this. She really wants to win this. And you can't fake that. You can't create that. I don't want to beat anyone. I don't have that competitive fuel to beat anyone when it comes to Dancing with the Stars. I want to do as best as I can for Lacey and for the people who were nice enough to ask me to join, but I'm doing this to have a good time and hopefully to make people at home laugh. Everybody brings something different to the broadcast. Hopefully I can provide something entertaining.

Are you worried at all about being the least known person of the cast?
    Catherwood: No. I don't want to go out of my way to act for the camera to gain popularity. I'm just going to be myself and hopefully that serves me well. If people like me, that's a big bonus.

Well, you've got some awesome headbands. How many other colors do you have?
    Cathwerood: [Laughs] Most of them are gifts from my nieces and nephews. I only have three that I rotate through. They honestly buy those for me seeing how far they can go with stuff they can get Uncle Mike to wear. "There's no possibility he'll wear this." And sure enough, I'm at the red carpet for something with it on my head or on my wrist. We'll see if I can pop up with a few new kick-a-- headbands.

Are you worried at all about being the least known person of the cast?
    Catherwood: No. I don't want to go out of my way to act for the camera to gain popularity. I'm just going to be myself and hopefully that serves me well. If people like me, that's a big bonus.
    I dunno -- if those bad jokes he told is him just being himself, maybe he should consider acting for the camera.

I really hope he goes first. He's just as bad as Wendy IMO, but with Wendy I'd at least like to see more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I dunno -- if those bad jokes he told is him just being himself, maybe he should consider acting for the camera.

I really hope he goes first. He's just as bad as Wendy IMO, but with Wendy I'd at least like to see more.
    My thoughts exactly. That may work for him on the radio. I don't think it'll captivate the DWTS audience. Some people have their humor and personalities going for them. I don't see Mike as one of them. I really don't like either one of these two, and I think it'll just get worse the longer he's there. Especially if he makes it past the first elimination. Wendy may fare better at the quick step, while I don't think Mike will with the jive. I'm not sure the show would want him around over her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

Honestly? His jokes may be bad, but this guy knows where his head is. I don't think I have ever seen a clearer interview from one of these kinds of shows. I know exactly what this guy thinks and how he feels about this experience so far.
    I have to respect him for that.

He probably is going to leave because he doesn't seem to have a fan base, but I hope he does dance well this next week so that he goes out feeling good with himself.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I didn't care for the guy's comments on the show at all and I didn't find him attractive.
    As he's coupled with Lacey, I wouldn't mind at all if he exited the ballroom.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I hope he goes. I was not happy to hear he was going to be on the show in the first place. I don't care how cute I guy is, or even how well he dances, I don't like anyone who makes lame homophobic jokes (on Daily 10/CNN) and then laughs thinking he is clever and funny.

Wow.
    I'd never heard of the guy before.
    Just didn't care for the comments he made about an "American" pro.

Hearing that he makes homophobic jokes really gives me a reason to dislike him.
    As if his dancing wasn't enough.....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, the guy's a "shock jock", so you have to expect a few questionable jokes. He's nowhere NEAR as bad as Howard Stern. I just view him as a rebel, and I've always had a soft spot for rebels & bad boys. Lacey's a rebel, too. So, I'm enjoying them together. I don't think they'll last long, but I find them entertaining.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast