+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

I have to give credit where credit is due. I just rewatched the show since dish is out with storms. I am loving Karina this season and have come to appreciate her as probably the best female dancer on the show. Her choreography is tantamount to art. I loved this weeks Romeo and Juliet. It was just beautiful and it was Karina that made it so. She was able to make Ralph look great. I couldn't help thinking though if Evan was dancing that with her I would have probably had a heart attack so good thing not. But could you even imagine those two paired last season, even though I loved Anna that would have been electric. I love watching Ralph/Karina dance and I do hope he keeps staying around. He could loosen up a bit but he does the steps really well and if he would let go a little and lose some of his inhibitions he could win this thing as long as fanbase doesn't oust him. I do think he will go far, Karina is doing a great job with choreography that is perfect for them. She really is truly talented and this is from someone who didn't used to be one of her fans. I'm so glad she isn't spray painting the darkest shade, she just looks so much more real as she is now, softer and sweeter look for sure. Good job Karina and Ralph!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I remember Louie Vito danced to 'Sweet Home Alabama' for his Texas two step in season 9. If that song didn't work for a two step, what the heck made them think it'd work for a samba? I can't even say Ralph did any wrong in that dance. The song was just all sorts of wrong for it. I loved his cowboy hat. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes his turn in jeopardy tomorrow, unless Tom lines everyone up with how they fared on the leaderboard tomorrow (in which case he might be safe and spared standing in jeopardy since they couldn't put him, Kendra, and Petra down there-unless the two girls are safe). I don't think Ralph's in any danger of going home, and hopefully I'm not wrong.

I did not like their performance tonight and thought the scores they got were fair. Ralph won't be eliminated tomorrow night, but I can see him being placed in the fake bottom 2.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Tobi, I'm loving Karina this season, too. And, I just LOVED their waltz. It's my favorite dance so far this season out of all of the couples. So beautiful, and I've watched it over and over on youtube.

I thought their samba was cute and fun to watch. Raplh makes a really cute cowboy, LOL! I was upset that they got such a bad song for the samba, and that they had to go first. Two strikes against them. I loved what Ralph said in the rehearsal package about him being a New Yorker, dancing a Brazilian dance with a Russian on American night. Too cute!

I was really worried, and I am so thrilled they were saved. I just love this pair, and really hope they make it to the finals. It's nice to see Karina with a great partner again. And Ralph seems like a sweetie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Often times I hear either Mark or Derek's dance would have made for a good freestyle over whatever dance it was supposed to be. I kind of felt that same way watching these two last night. Didn't seem like a paso, and the song didn't help. Ralph did great, and my heart went out to Karina when she fell. I noticed Ralph did get off track but I noticed him nod a few seconds after picking Karina up. I've heard the pros mention before that they usually have ways to get their celeb on track if they fall, trip, or blank out on the choreography (unless winging it works). I think it was Ashly Costa, when she was on the show, that mentioned in the ballroom dances she used to talk to her pro when he was doing something wrong, and had little things she did in the dance if his posture was wrong, or something.

Ralph had a good recovery when Karina fell by getting her right back up. It's unfortunate that happened. I'd love to see them get the encore tonight just to be able to do the dance again without the fall (hopefully). I think Ralph will be fine tonight but I do worry he could possibly be on the chopping block. On another note, Karina looks different this season. Not because she's on cloud 9 and has a better attitude I like her with long hair better than the short hairdo she had.

Except for the fall, I loved their dance last night. I thought it was exciting and the only one that really looked impressive.

What's up with Ralph? His eyes are very dark sunk in, he looks very thin. I hope he isn't having any medical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Except for the fall, I loved their dance last night. I thought it was exciting and the only one that really looked impressive.

What's up with Ralph? His eyes are very dark sunk in, he looks very thin. I hope he isn't having any medical problems.
    I hope not either. Maybe it's the fact he isn't eating enough for the level of work out he is getting with practicing hours a day. Not sure but he does look malnurioushed in a way.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

After they showed the replay tonight it appears Kirina got them back on track by counting out the place they needed to be in the dance after she fell. Ralph was very supportive though.

Ralph does appear to be very tired and run down these last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    After they showed the replay tonight it appears Kirina got them back on track by counting out the place they needed to be in the dance after she fell. Ralph was very supportive though.

Ralph does appear to be very tired and run down these last couple of weeks.
    I saw Karina in an interview where she said that when it happened she was shaken up and thinking:
    "What'll we do? Start over? Try to pick up in the middle?"

And then Ralph pulled her up and got her to just start dancing. It did take a moment for them to find their place again.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I saw Karina in an interview where she said that when it happened she was shaken up and thinking:
    "What'll we do? Start over? Try to pick up in the middle?"

And then Ralph pulled her up and got her to just start dancing. It did take a moment for them to find their place again.

I was talking about in the replay Brooke showed them dancing after she fell over his coat. She started counting the steps to get them back on track.

So they both helped eachother get out of that jam which could have turned into a disaster. They make a good supportive pair.

+ Reply to Thread