+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Re: Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I hadn't thought about that, but good point. I took a closer look, and even her body language and the way she carries herself reminds me a bit of Karina. I did see that episode with the final 3 (or bits and pieces of it), so I guess the finale hasn't aired. I still wonder how Maks made out. There were reports he was with his chosen on in LA, but it might have just been a look alike, and then there's rumors he's back dating the girl he was dating before he signed onto the bachelor. I can see why Maks has such a strong family bond, after seeing him and his parents interact and listening to their story. It's interesting that he's really taking their opinion to heart, as if he's been doing something wrong, and that they really seem to be pushing the marriage and family. I know Maks has that desire as well, just kind of interesting. I know Maks came out out the bachelor experience with a bit of a negative feeling. As for the finale previews-yeah, seems just like our bachelor series Though I'm very jealous in this case

One week and I'm already going through DWTS withdrawls

ETA: DWTSGossip on twitter has a couple of photos of Maks/Cheryl sneaking a smooch. Maybe everything has been a hoax while they carried on a relationship in private? I heard once they considered each other friends with benefits.

This site was asked to take the photos down - hmmmmmmmmmm

I'm also sad/disappointed/upset Ralph and Karina ended the season on such a bitter note. As Karina said in one of the backstage interviews, TPTB made it clear they didn't want them in the finals. Sad. I would have thought a finals with Karina and Maks would have made for high ratinfs given their history, but then that would have blocked out TPTB chosen one of Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    I'm also sad/disappointed/upset Ralph and Karina ended the season on such a bitter note. As Karina said in one of the backstage interviews, TPTB made it clear they didn't want them in the finals. Sad. I would have thought a finals with Karina and Maks would have made for high ratinfs given their history, but then that would have blocked out TPTB chosen one of Chelsea
    Sometimes I think the producers of these shows are really tone deaf when it comes to understanding why the viewers get upset. If this WTA angle was really planned from the beginning of the season to guard against another Bristol situation, they didn't get that the outrage was so great not because the three best dancers didn't make the finals (which probably has happened more often than not if you look back at all the seasons, ie Sabrina, Jennie Garth, Natalie C, Lisa R, Mario), but because a particular very controversial and marginally talented dancer outlasted many better dancers due to (alleged) outside influences. Ralph, Kirstie and Hines were all quite popular with legions of fans, and none of the three were consistently thought to be the worst left yet shockingly surviving at another's expense the way Bristol was. There was truly no need to intercede and make sure that a very good but not very popular dancer was included in the finals this time, because the other three were all thought to be deserving in their own right by most fans.

The proof is that despite their intervention which was designed to eliminate viewer outrage, all the outrage was actually as a result of the intervention. Idiots.

Regarding Karina and Maks, even as a Maks fan, I'm sure there are two sides to this story; the fact that they are probably at odds is further proof that these two people never belonged together. Maks was smitten with Karina since they were teenagers, and was living out a dream when she finally showed romantic interest in him, while she was just on the rebound, and maybe even trying to make Mario Lopez jealous. I suspect he wooed her without really thinking about whether they were compatible and she let him. There was also speculation (that I can believe) that she was enjoying the extra fame (and opportunities) that her association with Maks was getting her, as he is more popular than she is, so that was further incentive to keep the romance going for her. If she did tell him she was pregnant to get a proposal or to manipulate him in some way, that's awful of her, but I don't think her heart was ever really with Maks regardless of what she did or didn't do (and because of that, the idea of babies with him didn't appeal, even though she apparently has talked about starting a family with Brad, who I guess she is more compatible with), so in that sense, she did betray Maks, who at least was gaga over her (albeit mistakenly) the whole time. Bottom line, they were totally wrong for each other, the relationship progressed for all the wrong reasons, and they should both be thankful they never got married.

Hate it that Ralph and Karina ended and didn't go to the finals. As wished that they did. As the audience no wonder, both were fan favorites.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Great post, Ironcat! I do think the producers are pretty tone deaf as to what the fans what. Like you said, the season with Bristol wasn't the first time te 3 best dances didn't make the finals. True, it was probably the most obvious that a "weaker" dancer made the finals, but that's just the nature of the show. It's always been about half the fan votes and half judges scores. Why suddenly change it? If it was strictly based on getting the best 3 dancers to the finals, than why have the fan votes?

I also find it fishy/ironic how all season they were saying how evenly matched it waso clear front runner, and then they throw in this WTA dance and make a big deal about how they want the 3 best dancers to make the finals.

I remember one of the first few weeks in the season, someone posted a schedule on the ABC board, and the WTA dance was not on it.

I sure hope Karina didn't lie to Maks about being pregnant. In any case, I'm glad they realized they weren't right for each other BEFORE they got married.

Several of us Ralph fans on Twitter are "campaigning" to have Ralph replace Regis on Regis and kelly when he retires in November. We think he'd make a great co-host, and Ralph seems open to it. We've been posting on FB, Twitter, and sent in comments to the R&K site to suggest Ralph.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    Great post, Ironcat! I do think the producers are pretty tone deaf as to what the fans what. Like you said, the season with Bristol wasn't the first time te 3 best dances didn't make the finals. True, it was probably the most obvious that a "weaker" dancer made the finals, but that's just the nature of the show. It's always been about half the fan votes and half judges scores. Why suddenly change it? If it was strictly based on getting the best 3 dancers to the finals, than why have the fan votes?

I also find it fishy/ironic how all season they were saying how evenly matched it waso clear front runner, and then they throw in this WTA dance and make a big deal about how they want the 3 best dancers to make the finals.

I remember one of the first few weeks in the season, someone posted a schedule on the ABC board, and the WTA dance was not on it.

I sure hope Karina didn't lie to Maks about being pregnant. In any case, I'm glad they realized they weren't right for each other BEFORE they got married.

Several of us Ralph fans on Twitter are "campaigning" to have Ralph replace Regis on Regis and kelly when he retires in November. We think he'd make a great co-host, and Ralph seems open to it. We've been posting on FB, Twitter, and sent in comments to the R&K site to suggest Ralph.
    I've heard Ryan Seacrest might be in the running to replace Regis (of course, he was also heavily rumored to replace Larry King, and we saw what happened there). Blech. I can't stand that guy or his ego. I can see the theory of why TPTB would want him (he's young, host of a hit, prize winning demo show) so maybe they'd hope he could bring out a fresh group of younger viewers and ratings. Not sure how ratings for R&K are, but I don't really tune in as it is. Having Ralph as host might make me start. Ryan? I'll pass. After the shaft he got from DWTS, it'd be nice to see him get some good career opporunities.

RE: Maks and Karina. It's quite possible Karina thought she was pregnant, and didn't intentionally mislead Maks. I do agree it's probably better that they found out before they got married or had kids that things likely wouldn't have worked out. There's obviously still many videos on Youtube of Maks/Karina when they were together, doing interviews and giving performances, and they absolutely glowed when they were together. It's too bad their friendship had to end. I really miss seeing them dance together on the show. It's interesting that, even with such dirt spilled on the Ukrainian bachelor (which turned out to be a mega hit over there), and the fact that much was made of Maks/Karina's split, and their own claim to fame here, the media never picked up on anything Mak's family said about Karina or their break up. Karina seems in a good place, and very happy about her upcoming wedding in January, so I wish her well. After the fiasco with Ralph this past season, along with her wedding and the rumors she wasn't even supposed to be part of season 12 in the first place, I wonder if she'll be back for season 13.

+ Reply to Thread