+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

  1. #1
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,197

    Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12


    Romeo

    "The Prince of Hip Hop"

    Pro: Chelsie Hightower

    Percy Romeo Miller, Jr. (we just know him as "Romeo") is an American entertainer, actor, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He's the son of businessman and music mogul Percy Miller. Romeo has sold over 10 million records as a multi-platinum music artist and has been awarded an American Music Award and a Grammy.

    Named one of 2010's Top Five Sexiest Men in the World, Romeo is the CEO of the multi-million dollar record company No Limit Forever and is the youngest entertainer to top the Billboard charts, doing so at age ten. He has dedicated his life to giving back to the community and helping at-risk youth with his foundation Urbanborn.org. He is also the founder and president of P. Miller and College Boyys clothing.

    Romeo's acting credits include his hit television show Romeo! on Nickelodeon as well as appearances on The Defenders and The Cape. He starred in the movie Honey, with Jessica Alba and co-stars in the upcoming film Jumping the Broom, with Angela Bassett.

    You'd think all that would be enough, right? Wrong. Romeo is also studying business and film at USC. As a freshman, he and his basketball team made Southern Cal history by winning their first PAC-10 Championship.

    Romeo understands the importance of education; therefore he remains a student at USC while he pursues his career in entertainment and business. He's also in pursuit of a certain mirrored disco ball trophy as a competitor on Dancing With The Stars!

    Cast Bios - ABC.com

    Meet the Cast video - ABC.com

  2. #2
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    I have high hopes for these two. I adore Chelsie and would love to see her make it to the finals. But after the last two seasons I just want her to get a partner that can actually dance and isn't a douche in the process. What a legacy his dad left for Romeo to deal with

  3. #3
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,197

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    Interesting how ABC's bio doesn't mention his dad Master P by his recognized name, or even mention that Romeo is the son of a former contestant. They don't want people to recall the universally agreed-upon worst celebrity ever to appear of the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  4. #4
    FORT Regular MountainBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    I'm looking forward to seeing these two dance. Chelsie's one of my favorite pros and I'm glad they paired her with someone her own age this season. Romeo seems like a good guy and so far they seem to get along great. I saw an interview of him recently with Billy Bush where he jokingly said Master P wouldn't allow him to come home if he didn't last as long as he did on the show. Hoping he does and I think he'll outdo his dad in the dance department. Just a hunch...

  5. #5
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I have high hopes for these two. I adore Chelsie and would love to see her make it to the finals. But after the last two seasons I just want her to get a partner that can actually dance and isn't a douche in the process. What a legacy his dad left for Romeo to deal with

    Chelsie is one of my favorite pros and I am so happy it appears she has a partner that actually has a personality this season.

    I hope they do well.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  6. #6
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Interesting how ABC's bio doesn't mention his dad Master P by his recognized name, or even mention that Romeo is the son of a former contestant. They don't want people to recall the universally agreed-upon worst celebrity ever to appear of the show.

    I think he met his match in Kate I'm just glad the show never decided to follow their Jerry Rice vs Michael Irvin and Kurt Warner vs Rick Fox dance offs in the finales and bring back Master P and Kate to see who was the worst.

    I only skimmed through Romeo's bio the first time, but re-reading it it's pretty impressive. I'm especially amazed he's devoting time to go to college when he really has it made. That's not something I expect to see a lot of when it comes to the youngsters and Hollywood.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Chelsie is one of my favorite pros and I am so happy it appears she has a partner that actually has a personality this season.

    I hope they do well.
    Anyone will be better than Jake and don't even get me started on Michael Bolton. I have high hopes for Chels this season.
    Last edited by carriealexander; 03-21-2011 at 07:30 PM.

  8. #8
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    I think Romeo got slightly underscored. The judges seemed to go after him a little more in terms of critiques. He and Chelsie looked disappointed, but hopefully this doesn't get them down. I'm so excited Chelsie has someone that's not only fun, but also has the ability and potential. I'd love to see what she can really do with someone who can pull it off. He needs work, but I didn't feel Chris's cha cha was better. Oh well, that's the judges scoring for you.

    Hopefully the Master P jokes are over and done with. That'll get old if they do that every week, and besides, it's not like that's the legacy Romeo wants to live up to. At least he had a sense of humor, wore the right shoes, and I loved Tom's line about him dancing more tonight than his dad did his entire stint. Why Master P ever stepped in I'll never figure out, but I think the week he finally was voted off, Samantha commented to him backstage he hadn't even put in 30 hours of rehearsal. Romeo already has him beat in quite a few areas. Looking forward to much more from these two. Hopefully Romeo gets over the macho image.

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think Romeo got slightly underscored. The judges seemed to go after him a little more in terms of critiques. He and Chelsie looked disappointed, but hopefully this doesn't get them down. I'm so excited Chelsie has someone that's not only fun, but also has the ability and potential. I'd love to see what she can really do with someone who can pull it off. He needs work, but I didn't feel Chris's cha cha was better. Oh well, that's the judges scoring for you.

    Hopefully the Master P jokes are over and done with. That'll get old if they do that every week, and besides, it's not like that's the legacy Romeo wants to live up to. At least he had a sense of humor, wore the right shoes, and I loved Tom's line about him dancing more tonight than his dad did his entire stint. Why Master P ever stepped in I'll never figure out, but I think the week he finally was voted off, Samantha commented to him backstage he hadn't even put in 30 hours of rehearsal. Romeo already has him beat in quite a few areas. Looking forward to much more from these two. Hopefully Romeo gets over the macho image.
    This young man has already accomplished so very much; however, success in this stint is not an automatic given by any means as we all know.
    What I wonder is was he aware of how difficult this really was when he signed up? While I thought his scores where realistic compared to others', he seemed disappointed.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  10. #10
    FORT Regular MountainBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

    I, like karalott, hopes he gets over the macho thing. That just doesn't fly in the ballroom. Hopefully, he'll loosen up and just enjoy it for what it is, aside from hard work. He did seem very nervous to me, but with the first week jitters outta the way, he'll just have fun and give it his all next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.