+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

Re: Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Season 12

Just saw last night that Romeo"s new movie "Jumping the Broom" is being featured on TLC Friday night.

I really am liking Romeo and I hope they stay around for awhile. He is really putting effort into learning the dances and seems like a smart, thoughtful, determined person.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I get the impression that the judges have made the distinct effort to refrain from giving really high scores early this season in opposition to their efforts of the last few seasons; on the other hand, my sense is that the pros and contestants may not have picked up on that scoring trend. Thus, the pros and contestants seem to be disappointed when their strong efforts result in scores of 8s and a 7 or 8s and a 9 instead of 9s.
    I'm thinking that they're really trying hard to keep this as an even playing field season, which is probably why the scoring is so close. The complaint both on the boards and in the media in the last few seasons is it was so obvious before the season started who would win and likely do well or go out first. This season, it's been more unpredictable, and despite having 3 unpredictable boots, no one would know without watching that Wendy stunk up the dance floor and froze her personality or that SR was unfortunately not the worst dancer but couldn't compete. Also, I think they're being more strategic in who goes when. We've seen Kirstie/Maks typically go last or near last every week so far. Kendra started off going towards the middle of the pack, now she's going early. Chelsea went early every week except this week; we'll see where she is this coming week.

I'm sure the pros come out of every season scratching their heads and wondering what was up. I'll say again, I'm just happy Chelsie has a pro that can not only dance so she can finally showcase her skills better, but such a nice young man who has a good head on his shoulders and is trying his hardest to do well. Truthfully, after watching Master P on this show, Romeo's been a pleasant surprise. Their dance was one of the best of the season so far.

For those who are Romeo and Chelsie fans, I heard (but haven't verified) that they get the encore tonight. Of course that's no guaranty that they won't still go home, but I look forward to seeing them dance it again.

I was really impressed with Romeo's dance last night. He and Chris were my top 2 favorites. I think he's come a long way, and CA definitely summed it up best when she said he was resistant at first to the whole ballroom aspect but seems to be going with the flow now. I love him and Chelsie together. I wish they were getting more attention and fanfare, though I guess that's one of the downsides to that I think is an uphill battle for Romeo this season. I know couples who have been eliminated in the past got the encore dance that same night. Hopefully that's not a bad omen I'll curse this theme for as long as DWTS stays on the air if that happens.

So happy that Romeo/Chelsie got the first 10 of the season! Chelsie has earned it after enduring Jake and Bolton the last two seasons. I'm loving that Romeo has come out of shell and gotten into the spirit of things. Since he decided he was fine not acting macho I think he's been doing great. Loved their dance last night, and hope we get many more weeks of these two. My ideal final 3 right now is Hines, Romeo, and Kirstie or Ralph.

Chelsie said if they make it to next week they're going to have the samba. Also the team dances are back next week.

Love his attitude. Love their dancing. So happy that my hopes for them paid off. I wanted Romeo to do well to shake off the Master P bad taste I've carried all this time. Romeo has embraced the experience and it gives me joy to watch. I so hope they'll be around a while - if not in the finals.

Romeo has really grown on me and I was elated for Chelsie when they got a 10 last night! Thought they did a great job. Hope to see them in the finals and see him progress even further in his dancing.

I find that I re-watch Romeo's dances more than any other couples this season. That was such a sweet, elegant, carefree dance. I loved it, but I'm surprised that it's taken the show this long to use My Heart Will Go On. Makes me feel old as I remember when Titanic came out, it was all the rage, that song was everywhere, and people started calling radio stations to stop playing it.

I loved that little kiss Romeo snuck at the end He's very humble in his interviews, and I liked his comment about hard work paying off and that's why they got a 10. Didn't like how Brooke cut him off but at least she gave him some love.

He seems to really be taking in the experience now, which I felt was a bit lacking in the beginning. And I love the rapport he and Chelsie appear to have The little kiss was cute.

I remember playing 'My Heart Will Go On' over and over after, and while, watching the movie more times than I can count. A true guilty pleasure for sure! Nostalgia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast