+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly325 View Post
    Wendy's got a lonnnnng way to go in my opinion......don't know if she can do it from what we saw this week.

I'm not a fan of Tony.........haven't been for quite some time. He's a good teacher if the partner has talent but if that's not the case, he just doesn't seem to know how to teach the partner that struggles. Seems like his 'beginner' level is waaaay too high for those with absolutely no dance experience. And on a personal, I just don't think that 'nice' personna is completely accurate. Just a feeling I have.
    Wasn't there a piece shown during the season Tony danced with Kate that past contestants who were partnered with him said he was a tough teacher? Not that a tough teacher isn't nice away from the dance floor, but I do know what you mean. I think it depends on who his partner is.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Wasn't there a piece shown during the season Tony danced with Kate that past contestants who were partnered with him said he was a tough teacher? Not that a tough teacher isn't nice away from the dance floor, but I do know what you mean. I think it depends on who his partner is.
    The episode that featured the infamous walk out during rehearsal, Kate/Tony were interviewed by Shaun Robinson after the show and Tony ended up walking out of that rehearsal. Shaun was going on and on about how Nancy said Tony was such a tough teacher, too (basically defending Kate and that Tony was in the wrong), and Tony got upset and walked away. Kate was in her own universe and just shrugged it off. That was the only mention I ever saw I know during season 2, Tony's first season, I thought he was a bit of a jerk, but grew to like him. There weren't many male pros I started liking right off the bat. I thought Tony seemed pretty considerate to Wendy's feelings and emotions. Her breakdown was surprising. It just seemed to come out of nowhere, although it was the rehearsal package so who knows what had been going on. Maybe Tony needs to be tougher, because look what types of partners being the nice guy is getting him.

Maybe Tony needs to be tougher, because look what types of partners being the nice guy is getting him.
    I agree with you about this 100%!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I must come to Tony's defense. I have had a couple of dance lessons from him, and he is the nicest guy. He is a tough teacher, it's true, but he is very genuine and kind. Sometimes these celebrities are so used to being pampered, that they think they don't have to work hard. They think they can get away with not applying themselves and that is so rude and wastes the pros time. That is what I saw when he was teaching Kate. Trust me, when you are paying a pro 150.00 for 45 minutes, you pay attention. The celebs don't pay the pros anything--so sometimes some of them don't value the time with the pro.
    Last edited by TwirlyJet; 03-29-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Because I made a mistake.
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Who is John Galt?

This poor guy has really lost the draw in partners lately. This poor woman has absolutely no rhythm or dance ability at all. Plus she is bigger than him (and he is tall). I think he is a classy guy and one of my favorite pros. I'd like to see him get better partners, but the luck of the draw always seems to go to Derek or Mark with females, and Cheryl with the guys.

I like Tony a lot, but I would sacrifice him in a heartbeat to get Wendy off my tv. Maybe if I were familiar with her away from DWTS I could tolerate her, but her brash, "I'm all that" attitude irritates me. Added to that her. rude remarks to Romeo last night when he wanted to give her a kiss for encouragement - that pretty much boggles my mind. She does know that the goal is to get people to like you and vote for you, right?
    She has a healthy opinion of herself (and that's good) but you have to be somewhat likeable on the show to go far - not that she's talented enough to go far. sigh.....

FORT Fanatic

Hmmm... I wonder if someone close to her (or close to the show) is telling her how she comes off to others (standoffish, uncaring, etc.) On her show today she talked about how "out of touch" she feels because everyone else is based in L.A. and how they all go out partying together, while she's always on a plane, doing her show, taking care of her family, etc. She said that she's going to be sending out invitations to the entire cast for some sort of get-together this Saturday night where everyone can have a drink, kick back and relax. At first, I thought, "Oh, how nice..." and then it occurred to me that she might be trying to mend fences or fix everyone's perception of her.

She should have moved her show to LA for the first few weeks -- she's crazy to keep hopping planes so much.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would think it would be easier for Wendy to re-located her show, even if she doesn't last on the show for a long peroid. A lot of talk shows sometimes take the road and film a different city for a week or so. I remember Rosie O'Donnell, when she had her show, that she went to Los Angeles and Miami. I think even Orlando. It's not like Susan Lucci, who obviously couldn't uproot her entire soap opera.

I read a comment on youtube, someone saying that this will be Tony's last season. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but a part of me wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Maks, too Tony's probably going to be delegated Jonathan's role and get all those types of partners from here on out. I think the only way he'd win would be to get someone no one expected much from and surprised the producers, like Kyle and Gilles (except get beyond second place). If there's anything to that rumor, it makes me wonder even more if the whole dance troupe really is pros in training and the producers want to see who can get a fanbase and generate interest. I hope this isn't a sign that the show want to bring in younger pros, where we start seeing more routines like Mark and Lacey throw out, just to get the younger demo. If CA actually seems to know what she's talking about when it comes to critiques, I'll be worried I'll really miss it when my favorite pros move on for good. They've made the show and really became sometimes more famous than their celeb partner. I think it might be more fair and an even playing field not to bring in their fanbases, but that's the only plus.

I hope the rumor is just that--a rumor. I would hate to lose Tony as a pro. He is such a nice guy and is a great dancer and choreographer. When you think about his best partner, it was Melissa and he was supposed to get Nancy O'Dell who was injured and had to pull out. Stacy was the only one assigned to him from the start who was decent. If they have Tony back, they should give him the ringer and Mark or Derek the dud.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread