+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

  1. #31
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Maks is 6'2" - plenty tall for Kirstie, and an even better match for Wendy, in my opinion. Tony claims to be 6', though he looks more than 2" shorter than Maks, to me. Sad to say, the rest of the male pros aren't much taller than that.
    I think Tony, Dmitry, Maks and, when they were on the show, Alec and Jonathan were 6' or very near it. Hence why they always get the taller females without really having a choice. Louis, Derek, and Mark are all short, so they need to reserve the shorter celebs for them. I'm more surprised how short many of the female pros are, and that it doesn't always look like their respective partners are towering over them. I've only ever really noticed when the men are tall and lanky, vs being built. I think what makes it look even more mis-matched is that Wendy and Kirstie are big girls. Erin was close to 6', but she didn't look like she was taller than Maks.

    I do agree that the chances of Tony ever winning are slim Like many of the pros on here, I think the chances he had he wasn't going to as it was (Stacey and Melissa), given who they were up against, especially in Melissa's case. But I think his time has passed by and now he's the designated 'give the horrible clunky obnoxious early boot' pro. The guy deserves a trophy just for having to partner Kate.

  2. #32
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    I had no idea Wendy Williams is actually regarded as a "star". Then again, this show tends to stretch that term incredibly.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Maks is 6'2" - plenty tall for Kirstie, and an even better match for Wendy, in my opinion. Tony claims to be 6', though he looks more than 2" shorter than Maks, to me. Sad to say, the rest of the male pros aren't much taller than that.
    Thanks, catygirl.

    None of the male pros look to be anywhere near to 6 feet. That's surprising to hear.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #34
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    614

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, catygirl.

    None of the male pros look to be anywhere near to 6 feet. That's surprising to hear.
    I think that physically, Dmitry would have been a better fit for her, even over Maks. Dmitry is just as tall as Maks, but a little "beefier", and looks very strong. I think her personality would eat him alive, though.

    I call B.S. on her assertation that she and Tony are in the same weight class... "only 3 pounds apart". Uh yeah.........

  5. #35
    FORT Regular GoingInCircles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sacramento
    Age
    49
    Posts
    80

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    I'm sad for Tony's sake that this is another non-contender season for him, and I was embarrassed that Wendy had no clue who he was. I mean, really?

    Sorry, Tony, much as I love you, I won't be voting for you this season.

  6. #36
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    When I look at Tony's past partners, the shortest he had was Marissa in season 6. She was barely 5', and he didn't really tower over her. So maybe he does stretch the truth a little on the height, but Wendy still would tower over him even if he was 6'. I think it's just her build. Dmitry is a quieter, safer pro so I can see why they paired with the equally nice, quiet, pretty Petra over Wendy. I think he sometimes fought a losing battle in being partnered with Mya.

    I do question how someone doing this show couldn't know who Tony is. As I said, do your research. Not knowing who Jonathan was, as I believe the last two partners he had did-fine, sure. Tony's been on regularly since season 2, is often requested by his female celebs, and has made more of a splash on the show due to his spats with CA, partnerships (two that had to drop out and Melissa getting injured), among other things. In fact, Wendy used to comment on Kate when she did DWTS back in season 10. Maybe she was hoping for someone else and her mind went blank Either way, it'd be nice to see Tony finally win, or get someone else that has potential to work with.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    When I look at Tony's past partners, the shortest he had was Marissa in season 6. She was barely 5', and he didn't really tower over her. So maybe he does stretch the truth a little on the height, but Wendy still would tower over him even if he was 6'. I think it's just her build. Dmitry is a quieter, safer pro so I can see why they paired with the equally nice, quiet, pretty Petra over Wendy. I think he sometimes fought a losing battle in being partnered with Mya.

    I do question how someone doing this show couldn't know who Tony is. As I said, do your research. Not knowing who Jonathan was, as I believe the last two partners he had did-fine, sure. Tony's been on regularly since season 2, is often requested by his female celebs, and has made more of a splash on the show due to his spats with CA, partnerships (two that had to drop out and Melissa getting injured), among other things. In fact, Wendy used to comment on Kate when she did DWTS back in season 10. Maybe she was hoping for someone else and her mind went blank Either way, it'd be nice to see Tony finally win, or get someone else that has potential to work with.
    I wonder if Wendy requested a different partner, probably Maks since he's been on her show and he's, you know, Maks, and was expecting it to be him, so was a little flummoxed when she saw it was Tony instead. I suspect Kirstie also requested Maks, as she said she is a huge fan of the show and I can't see her wanting any other partner but him, and the producers were probably more likely to satisfy her requests than Wendy's.

    I love Tony and feel bad for him to be saddled yet again with a bad partner, but I'm happy that Maks didn't get Wendy, as I initially suspected would happen when it was announced she'd be on it. And I think the producers made the right call to give Kirstie to Maks, because I don't see either Tony or Dmitry being tough enough to pull out of her what Maks did. The only way I think Tony could have been saved is if they used Jonathan this season instead of Dmitry, then he would have gotten the clunker and Tony could have had Petra. Although, according to Tony, his wife is a huge Wendy fan and wanted the pairing, so who knows? Maybe we should blame her!

  8. #38
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    53

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Maybe we should blame her!
    I can't blame her after last season. LOL!

    Btw, Audrina's now ex BF wrote on twitter that she cheated...he didn't say with who. And guess what.... Tony and Audrina are now following each other on twitter, but his wife has dropped her.

    I didn't think Wendy's dancing was bad... just her presentation was missing ( for lack of better words.)

  9. #39
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I wonder if Wendy requested a different partner, probably Maks since he's been on her show and he's, you know, Maks, and was expecting it to be him, so was a little flummoxed when she saw it was Tony instead. I suspect Kirstie also requested Maks, as she said she is a huge fan of the show and I can't see her wanting any other partner but him, and the producers were probably more likely to satisfy her requests than Wendy's.

    I love Tony and feel bad for him to be saddled yet again with a bad partner, but I'm happy that Maks didn't get Wendy, as I initially suspected would happen when it was announced she'd be on it. And I think the producers made the right call to give Kirstie to Maks, because I don't see either Tony or Dmitry being tough enough to pull out of her what Maks did. The only way I think Tony could have been saved is if they used Jonathan this season instead of Dmitry, then he would have gotten the clunker and Tony could have had Petra. Although, according to Tony, his wife is a huge Wendy fan and wanted the pairing, so who knows? Maybe we should blame her!
    I figured Maks would get Kirstie. For the reasons you said, she's probably considered the biggest 'get' this season. So if she requested Maks, I'm sure they'd make that happen over Wendy. Especially seeing how nervous and timid Wendy became in rehearsal and onstage, it'd be like another Debi/Maks pairing. I did think there was a slight chance he could get Wendy, as their personalities (if Wendy let her's shine), might have made for interesting fireworks. But Kirstie's equally as brass and OTT. In a way, she kind of reminded me of Mel B when she was partnered with Maks. Sort of making fun of the process but giving it her all. That was the season I became a Maks fan.

    Petra seems like what type of partner Tony used to get, when he wasn't getting the older women of the group (who used to all request him). I miss Jonathan I'll still never figure out how he avoided coming back and getting Kate. Tony did say his wife was a Kate fan when they were paired together and how thrilled she was they were together; considering we know Tony was lying through his teeth then, that might not bode well this time I'm more inclined to believe his wife is a Wendy fan, but way to say 'don't feel sorry for me, my wife loves her, so root for us'.

  10. #40
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    53

    Re: Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Season 12

    Dailymotion - Tony Dovolani on Wendy Williams Show - a Film & TV video

    Here's Lina on Wendy's Show with Tony. I think she has it for Tony...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.