+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Cast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I didn't hear the Favre rumor, guys. I remember Missy and I talking about that possibility, though. Maybe Brett's wife and his pastor but the kibosh on that. And Hines Ward is the second current NFL player after Ochocinco to do the show so maybe we'll see more current NFL players doing DWTS in their off-seasons. I thought Chad would be a one-off in that category.

ETA: I thought there was an uneven number of contestants but it's an even ten, I guess. That seems like a smaller group than usual, though.
    chris! There was a rumor about Brett-except I think it only got started when Kurt Warner said he'd like to see Brett do the show, then everyone turned it into he was in talks, then on (everyone meaning the press). Brett will probably continue to be a rumor in the coming seasons, only because he seems like the controversial, polarizing tabloid figure the show would go after. Maybe to help revamp his image, and he is extremely well known. I'm surprised any active athlete-whether the NFL or another sport-would do the show. I know it's easier for some to do it at different times of the year, but what about injuries? They could do something to put them on the sidelines for their season. Speaking of rumors, glad the Nastia Lukin rumor was false. I don't know anything about Heins, but I'll talk everyone's word for it that he's a good guy.

And there's 11 celebs: Wendy Williams, Kirstie Alley, Petra Nemcova (MIA tonight), Kendra, Chelsea Kane, Chris Jericho, Mike Catherwood, Heins Ward, Romeo, Ralph Macchio, and Sugar Ray. A really interesting mix. It's nice that I can't peg right away who will be out first. I'll have to actually see them dance first. That's a sign of a great season. But the spring seasons usually are much better than the fall anyway.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Live Cast Reveal

I'm okay with this cast. I don't know enough about "Psycho Mike" to have a reason to diss him yet, so we'll see. I'm wondering if he's on the show for exposure because he might be on the list of possible Regis replacements (he's guest-hosted with Kelly before).

But I'm very happy that this cast contains no divisive political figures, or social pariah newsmakers looking for an image makeover. There are always one or two cast members that I haven't really heard of before, so I can live with that. I'm just glad that there aren't any cast members that instantly get all the lame petition-addicts jumping on their soapboxes. It's a frilly dance show, let's just have fun this season!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Dancing with the Stars S12 (Spring): Official Cast

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    Consider me Hines Ward team. Once you get to know that smile, you'll fall in love. There were no rumors here in Pgh letting on. Big surprise. He's very personable.
    Hines Ward is a hottie!

I think he might be very good. He's really cocky though. I love him!
    Wake up and be awesome

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I'm sad I didn't get to watch the announcements (but not sad I missed the bachelor.) It's just what we were hoping for.....not a ringer in sight! Yea! I had to keep checking my FB on my phone while I was out to see the comments on the DWTS page to see if all the speculation was correct. You really nailed most of them! On FB, everyone is being SOOOO annoying! 90% of the people are saying how disappointed they are and that they won't watch. Okay, don't...stop complaining! But those who say they'll still watch, all of them are saying they'll get behind Kirstie. Should be interesting to see how far she goes on being one of the biggest names in the group (especially if she's partnered with Maks)!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    I'm sad I didn't get to watch the announcements (but not sad I missed the bachelor.) It's just what we were hoping for.....not a ringer in sight! Yea! I had to keep checking my FB on my phone while I was out to see the comments on the DWTS page to see if all the speculation was correct. You really nailed most of them! On FB, everyone is being SOOOO annoying! 90% of the people are saying how disappointed they are and that they won't watch. Okay, don't...stop complaining! But those who say they'll still watch, all of them are saying they'll get behind Kirstie. Should be interesting to see how far she goes on being one of the biggest names in the group (especially if she's partnered with Maks)!
    Every season it's the same thing. We're not going to get Tom Hanks and Beyonce level stars. And given how rabid fanbases can be, I'm glad. I'm willing to bet most of the people saying they'll tune out will be watching. When the rumors started leaking, I admit I was disappointed. But looking on the bright side I think this cast is going to be a lot of fun. I like that so far no one seems the obvious front runner or early out. Though for purely selfish reasons, I'd like "Psycho Mike" to have the honor of going first. I either love, or want to at least like, everyone else. Hopefully he doesn't change my mind and seeing Lacey leave early wouldn't bother me. It's funny that last season, Kyle was nowhere in the world of rumors and spoilers, and Lacey got him. This season Mike wasn't mentioned anywhere and Lacey got him, too. Hopefully it's not an omen. I hope none of these people with the flashy personalities hide them during the competition and let their nerves take over. I think that's doomed celebs in the past when they not only couldn't dance, but were the exact opposite of what people knew them for. Debi Mazar comes to mind. She was boring on the show, but her characters she always plays were spitfires.

I can't wait to see how everyone does. March 21st can't get here fast enough for me. I heard everyone will get to perform 2 dances before the first elimination. That might make all the difference this time.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I couldn't agree with all of that more! Especially the part of Lacey/Mike going first! I thought the same thing....if you "like" DWTS on FB, you are probably still going to be watching. And the dumb thing is, if they did get one or two Beyonce's, the others wouldn't have a prayer! They all have to be B or C listers. I think I'm more excited about this season then I have about any other season since I've started watching! (Partly because they're finally being fair to Chels, but there are others I will root for too this season.)

This cast is pretty meh to me so far, simply because I don't know most of them! Kirstie, Sugar Ray, Wendy, and Kendra, I know; the rest, nope. Vaguely remember hearing about Petra, and Romeo from the Master P season debacle, but the rest I've never even heard of.

I LOVE Kendra though. She's a riot! She would be my pre-season pick. I've only seen Wendy's talk a show a few times, but she seems funny and nice. The rest of the ones I know, I don't really have an opinion on.

From what I can tell, I don't think Chelsea is that big of a Disney star. She was on the Jonas show (that didn't last long), and seems to only be a voice actor for one of their cartoons currently. She wouldn't have the fanbase someone with their own show (like Kyle) would have, I would think, and even his pre-show fanbase was not that large compared to someone like the Olympians, Jennifer G., etc., IMO.

I am bummed Jodie Sweetin isn't part of the cast, and yet again we don't get an MLB player. Kurt was my fave last season, but I am beyond over the NFL stuff this show clings to. Kurt and Jason Taylor were the only two I actually liked.

I couldn't agree with all of that more! Especially the part of Lacey/Mike going first! I thought the same thing....if you "like" DWTS on FB, you are probably still going to be watching. And the dumb thing is, if they did get one or two Beyonce's, the others wouldn't have a prayer! They all have to be B or C listers. I think I'm more excited about this season then I have about any other season since I've started watching! (Partly because they're finally being fair to Chels, but there are others I will root for too this season.)
    I read an article about Mike that quoted him as saying he wasn't graceful. On top of possibly being offensive (I guess it comes with the territory of being a radio personality and getting the nickname of 'psycho'), limited name recognition, and maybe as good a dancer as Adam Carrola, we may get our wish. I just want everyone else to get a chance, because I'm mostly looking forward to the others. I have more pre-season favorites than I had in the overbloated season 9 with 16 couples. And probably a couple I don't want to win will, even with liking the majority of the celebs That's just my luck. Can you imagine a fanbase of a huge A-lister, like Justin Bieber, doing this show? His fans are crazy! It'll go beyond what occured during Bristol's stint. I'd be scared for the other couples if they outlasted someone like him. I'm fine with my C/D listers. Most of them have credits, and might have been big names at one point. Besides, I grew up with some of the stars that have been cast, or their well known to someone in my family. As excited as I am about this season, I hope it doesn't bomb.

I am bummed Jodie Sweetin isn't part of the cast, and yet again we don't get an MLB player. Kurt was my fave last season, but I am beyond over the NFL stuff this show clings to. Kurt and Jason Taylor were the only two I actually liked.
    Hopefully Jodie will be cast in the future. Maybe they're waiting for Derek to come back. She did say she'd want to be partnered with either him or Maks the most. Since Lorenzo Lamas seemed like a sure thing this season, I wonder if we'll be seeing him in a future season as well. I'm also over the NFL slot. There's so many other sports they could chose from, so while I've enjoyed nearly every football player, I wish they'd take a break for a season. I know current hockey and baseball players couldn't do the show, but I'm sure they could find someone retired to sign.

I'm totally underwhelmed by this cast. I LOVE Maks, but Kirstie Ally's voice and personality grate, so I'm torn. I want her eliminated immediately, but I want him to stick around as long as possible. Argh! I guess I'll hope for laryngitis and a personality 180 for Kirstie.

I'll probably watch, but I can't imagine being very excited about it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought that too. It will be a surprise to see who pulls it out. And Ralph Macchio!!! My childhood is swooning.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread