+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I'd say for the most part the names mentioned so far are people either joking or campaigning to do the show (or in the case of one person, latching onto her daughter to do it). So far, a few names thrown out there are:

*Colleen Zenk (soap star from As the World Turns); one of the ones campaigning to be on

*Zakk Wylde (musician and former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist)

*Lindsey Lohan (producers pick; she's reportedly turned them down, or is in talks, depending on which source you read)

*Dina Lohan (she claims her daughter did turn it down but Lindsey, loving daughter that she is, told the producers to take her instead)

*Todd Palin/Christine O'Donnell (other sources claim the producers plan on steering clear of anyone of this caliber again-or at least for the time being)

In terms of the pros, Edyta/Alec are probably not returning again, if ever. Maks seems to have left it open as to whether he will or won't; Derek hints at big things coming up in the year for him, and Mark seems very focused on his music (but again, none of them have said for sure they won't be returning).

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Phil Hellmuth Tweets He’ll Be on Dancing with the Stars ? Sports Interaction Blog

With the recent news that poker pros Tiffany Michelle and Mario Ho are returning to The Amazing Race, a more well-known poker player is rumored to be hitting the reality TV circuit.

Dancing with the Stars has seen poker pros take to the floor before, with Shannon Elizabeth having a stint on the show, which lead to her cheating on her boyfriend to launch a relationship with her dance partner, Derek Hough. Now the word on the street is that Poker Brat Phil Hellmuth will be strapping on his dancing shoes for the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars.

The rumor was sparked by Hellmuth himself, who tweeted, ”OMG! Phil Hellmuth (me!) on ‘Dancing With the Stars!’ Outrageous! Might make a fool of myself on Worldwide Television one more time…”

His tweet sent the poker blogs into a tailspin of speculation, with most of them wondering whether his declaration has merit, or if it’s just another one of Hellmuth’s stunts to get a little press.

Hellmuth auditioned for the show with professional dancer Karina Smirnoff back in April 2009, so his being on ABC’s top-rated reality show is something that has been in the works before.

Do you think Hellmuth, who has earned more WSOP hardware than anyone in poker, will also become a pro on the dance floor? Will you tune in to see the Poker Brat become a Dancing Brat? With the season 12 cast announcement going down next month, Hellmuth’s impending cha cha is just mere speculation based on the tweeting ramblings of America’s most obnoxious poker pro, but if you’re still keen to bet, Sports Interaction has early Dancing with the Stars lines on which pro will take home the trophy.
    I'm inclined to believe this rumor is a hoax, probably started, as the article stated, to draw attention to the guy. From what I can recall, no one actually auditions for the show, and that's usually in articles when someone is trying to get press for themselves (or trying to get on the show and catch the attention of the producers; perhaps start an online campaign). I wouldn't be surprised if DWTS has signed anyone yet, but the announcement wouldn't come until February, and I don't think they'd be happy if someone they're in talks with was tweeting about their participation. After season 9 they tried to keep a lid on things, though they did fail with season 11. I don't watch pro poker, so I know nothing about this guy, but judging from the article, does seem like someone Karina would get stuck with.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Hellmuth would be okay, but he might get annoying at times, and I doubt he would dance very well. Then again, he's probably the poker pro who could best deal with the constant smiling involved with being on the show.

I would love to see "Unabomber" Phil Laak and Jennifer Tilly do a season together.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4130931;
    Hellmuth would be okay, but he might get annoying at times, and I doubt he would dance very well. Then again, he's probably the poker pro who could best deal with the constant smiling involved with being on the show.

I would love to see "Unabomber" Phil Laak and Jennifer Tilly do a season together.
    I don't know what kind of a fanbase a poker player would bring to the show, so on the popularity front, they may be at a disadvantage. Kyle was an exception, as he wowed everyone, was drama free, and a lot of fun. So there's that, but bad dancing will only get you so far (the other exception being Bristol Palin). And depending on his attitude, that may or may not work in his favor. It's hard to tell. I could go for Jennifer Tilly

Another rumor that I'm betting on being just a rumor: former WWE diva Maria Kanellis.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/f...ars_Botch_.php

I've seen Maria's name pop up since season 8 or 9, usually spread by her. I guess this is a good way to get publicity in between seasons for wannabe hoofers, just leak it to someone you're in talks to do the show.

I don't know who any of these three people are! Okay, I slightly know who Jennifer Tilley is, from Liar Liar, right? Still, she's not very current. I know we get a bunch of those most seasons, but dang it, I want to actual relevant stars this time around.

I hope the cast this season does not disappoint. And I hope Derek is gone or at least gets somebody horrendous. He was better last season, but I'm just so tired of seing him win or get close to the end. I want him out like, first. Not that it would ever happen. Even when he gets a lesser known, less popular star (ahem, Joanna Krupa) he gets far because of his fan base.

Isn't Jennifer doing Skating with the Stars. Maria did Celeb Apprentice
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131192;
    Isn't Jennifer doing Skating with the Stars. Maria did Celeb Apprentice
    I guess there really is something to making a living by doing reality shows I don't follow wrestling at all. I know, of course, Chyna, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, but that's about it. Stacy Keibler proved to be a very pleasant surprise back in season 2. In this era of the show she probably would have won.

Jennifer didn't do SWTS. It was Rebecca Budig, Bethenny Frankel (who also seems to make a living as a "reality show icon"), and an actress whose name escapes me at the moment. I can't remember back to FOX's skating show, Skating with Celebrities, so maybe she was on that one She'd be kind of interesting to have on the show.

Marilu Henner says she'd love to do the show, and has for several seasons now. At one point the show said she was overqualified (I think she has ballroom training). She does have a lot of theatre work, and I believe hosted or judged the PBS special America's Ballroom Challenge. However, if they're going to have ringers anyway, she'd be one I'd at least like I just hope the cast this season is fun. Fun, fun, fun. No drama, no overscoring celebs that don't deserve it but begin to believe they were robbed, no stunts, no issues like Bolton vs Bruno or Boo-gate. Without Bristol, last season would have been dull. With her it was still pretty bad.

And I posted these articles in the media thread, but along with those above, two others who want to do the show are former Full House star Jodie Sweetin (who really wants to be partnered with Derek), and Real Housewives star NeNe Leakes.

Jennifer Tilly didn't do Skating with the Stars. It was Sean Young. Something about the 2 of them is similar, IMO, too.

Kara,

I hope Maria Kanelis doesn't do DWTS. I really didn't like her at all on Celebrity Apprentice.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

thanks NRH - I don't know why I get them mixed up.

Maria was overrated on CA. She also reminds me of Rachel from BB12. Prolly the big red hair.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131709;
    thanks NRH - I don't know why I get them mixed up.

Maria was overrated on CA. She also reminds me of Rachel from BB12. Prolly the big red hair.
    There's something very similar about the 2 of them. Perhaps the ditzy quality??!!

OMG. When I saw Rachel on BB, I totally thought it was Maria. I didn't really care for either one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast